Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Free first and third person shooters list

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10
    Am I in the closet? Or under the bed? Neither, I'm behind you!!

Space Cowboy is a good game.
    the only problem i could find with it was that there was no help watsoever after the tutorial. the tutorial only showed u the controls, it didnt show u where to go or wat to do when u start.

Banned Reputation: 10

Ok I thought the day would never come but I hoped plus blackmailed so it did. I got a new pc and I'm gonna pick it up tommorow. I also got Battlefield 2...

Here are my specs:

Intel Pentium 4 (Not sure how much RPM but I know it's over 7000)
    160 GB Hard Drive
    16x DVD + CD Drive
    ATI Radeon X300 Video Card
    Not sure what kind of sound card
    1 GB Memory
    Windows XP Home Edition
    It's gotta be DirectX 9.0c compatible

Will this work fine/normally?

Or will it lag little to alot?

After 5 PM tommorow, I'm getting my computer. I just wanted a new and better pc capable of playing good games. I don't give a **** if it cost 700 bucks and the salesman made it happen so fast that he got a package of security shit for like almost 200 bucks, along with a wireless router for like 60 bucks, the game for 50 and prolly something else like the 1 year, or was it 3 year warranty it got, I'M NOT PAYING FOR IT!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAH!!! MAN I'M HAPPY!

On a scale of 1-10, my happiness level was at -10 and when I was going to buy Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault and managed to get into the best damn electronics store in my city, it rose to 0. When I heard I was getting a PC, it rose to 10(It kinda balanced it self between -1 to 1 when I was getting a game for 9.99 but couldn't play it right). When that tricky shit happened so fast, I have to wait until tommorow --- it fell to 5. When I heard I was replacing the stupid game for Battlefield 2, it leveled around 10 cause I couldn't get both games now that the tricky shit was balancing itself too onto the level where someone would be tricked into buying the whole store and knewing someone was getting tricked that it pissed them off so much they wanted to burn down the store...

YES!

PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: The video card is 128 MB.
    Last edited by useless_person; 07-18-2006 at 02:20 PM.

A few reviews for unreviewed games...

Legends: This game is just a complete and total ripoff of Starsiege: Tribes. The weapons are the same, the gameplay is the same, hell, they even plagarized from the Starsiege: Tribes manual for the description of the game! I guess since they updated the graphics they deserve SOME credit. 3/10

Planetside Reserves: I would have been giving this game a very high score, if not for one problem. It's not TOTALLY free. More like a very long free trial. At the end of the year, apparently, the game will no longer be free. And even now while it is still free, if you do not pay, you can only get to combat level 6 or something like that. 4 because it gave me something to do, for a while. 4/10

PurgeJihad: Having to agree with the other person who reviewed it. There is no one on. Do you want to know why? Because, as it turns out, the game isn't COMPLETELY free. Sure, the website says "Here you can download PurgeJihad for Free and play it free! You do not need to purchase anything to play this game!" However, when I went to the forums asking how to register (as when I clicked the register button when starting my game it asked me for a serial key), they said that the game was no longer for sale. I said that I thought that the game was free. They said yes, but you needed to purchase one of the PurgeJihad disks in order to get the serial key off of it, and those were no longer for sale. So apparently, no one can play the game anymore, except those who got the game before it went out of circulation. I'll give it 1 point because as far as I can tell, the game is awesome. If only we could play it. 1/10

ANYONE?!?!?

Now it's today and I'm gonna waste some time until after 5 PM. It would've been done last night if it wasn't closing time and the install for that security software would be like 2 and a half hours long...:mad:

Well, I also bought new games for the PS2 --- both with sandbox game types cause they never end, and that's a good thing about video games.

Merceneries - A good ****ing game, except it's not with the usual gang shit but military shit and you have two maps. Plus basiclly every single building is distructuble, and since I'm a cheater, I got myself the Street Sweeper and Portable Air Strike. I can even blast down any HQ with this thing, and I did to the Russian Mafia one and even the flag got wiped off the map so I wondered what happened and just loaded another game. Also you can order then drive jeeps, tanks, apc's, helicopters, humvee's, other type of armoured cars and civillian cars, as well as order air strikes and supplies. Too bad that now I'm on this ace contract thing on the North Korean map and it pisses me off when I kill the guy and vertify him, the cutscene shows and the game freezes/crashes. I went to make sure it froze/crashed by doing the ace contract again, or actually hoping it would not this time more than crashing --- it did again and I got pissed off and gave up...

Rating - 9/10

The Godfather - Ohhh man I rented this game and loved some parts of it except my sucky game experiance and it's partially diffcult missions and gameplay. It's sandbox also. It's a true mafia game. There are rackets, fronts and other shit. But truly, Mafia was the best of all, straight up. There is the city, and there is the interactive enviroments, and there is a tutorial, and there is the countryside, and there was a pig chasing you in a certain mission that if it bit you it hurt you so you had to kill it --- also in the country side. Not very good graphics, I know, but it was a very realistic game and I don't know why people give it a score of --- A SCORE OF 9.3 ON THE PC???

Damn. Rating - 10/10

**** IT. That's a good thing there but not a good thing for the public since no one mentions it anymore.

Ahh I can't wait. I'll be out by around 5:15 to 5:30 PM and already on the way to take the ****ing PC by 5:45 to 6:00 PM. Then I'll be home with it by prolly 6:30 to 6:45 PM. I'll start making it by 7:00 PM and done by prolly like 7:30 PM, then finishing the shit by 7:45 or something PM, and done installing games by like 8:30 or something PM. Then already playing by 9:00 PM. Maybe not all that complicated, just listen to what the guy has to say and take the damn PC, install everything and get started on something cause it's a gaming PC for ****'s sakes...

Plus now we're installing air conditioning in the MIDDLE of the godamn row of windows, not the corner where the stupid eisel with the damn picture sits, not where the actual ****ing dining room is --- the ****ing table set with the ****ing chairs and useless ****ing documents on them.

Now it's gonna be a good living room. Gotta get the cieling fan fixed in my room cause I have a feeling that it's gonna fall down and cause an electircal disturbance while I'm in the crapper and scare me shitless, or actually slice someone's head off with the blades if someone is sitting where I'm sitting.:eek:

Also, there is a big ass glass lightbulb on it that if it falls, not only is the fan gonna slice through some skull, but the lightbulb will make a mess since it will brake into many pieces, and prolly get stuck in there between the brain --- and why the **** am I thinking of my mother getting it there, the sweet little thing!

Edit: If you want, call me useless. That's what people usually call me on this other forum I got banned a few times from and came back with a new identity. I beefed too much. It's kinda a way for people to get me back even though they don't know it's still me. Well, I kinda gave it out after the second name, but I was partially tricked and I still was screwed cause I said I was my brother. How ironic...

Edit: Ohh crap the where it starts with 'But truly' and ends with the 10/10 was for Mafia itself. The Godfather gave it more shit and took some away. So I give it 8/10. Not much a weapons choice, either. I have the movie/s and I have the game --- what more can I want???
    Last edited by useless_person; 07-18-2006 at 02:54 PM.

YES YES YES!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

THIS GAME RUNS AS SMOOTH AS ****! YES!

Battlefield 2 runs smooth on this great pc. Is Battlefield 2 newer than Half Life 2, cause if so, I think that DoD and CS Source both came after Half Life and I have them, so I can run them as smooth as **** too!

YES!

THANK YOU!

AHH MAN I'M SOOO HAPPY I'M TOO TIRED TO BE HYPER AND EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm downloading Enemy Territory, and ET came out wayyy before Battlefield 2, so it should run even smootherly. This means that I won't tk or team damage by accident and it won't lag while I'm getting shot up and killed!

Buh-Bye choppy gameplay!

AND AGAIN!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

is there a way to download planetside without having to go through that long update time?

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Headshot online link is down?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_McLain View Post
    is there a way to download planetside without having to go through that long update time?
    not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_McLain View Post
    buy the game disk, you wont have to download much then, just updates.

The game is more than 2 years old, and sony still updates it, expect it to be big.

Quote Originally Posted by ryugu View Post
    buy the game disk, you wont have to download much then, just updates.

The game is more than 2 years old, and sony still updates it, expect it to be big.
    READ his post. he says he doesnt want to go thru update time.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

yeah i tried almost every game on the list. alot of them are really good.nice.

i have a game for the list. its not really an fps, but it is an mmo. the community is too small so i thought i wuld post it on here. its kind of like the starship troopers game, but in 2D:

http://www.walkover.org

go to the downloads page and dl the "SETUP". dont dl any of the others as they are all old versions.

Ok if anyone doesn't know yet they released the full game without the torrenting --- Gunz Online --- and the launcher takes you right up...

Finally...

Well, I don't know about you guys but it doesn't lag for me...

Anyways, are the Planetside Reserves free forever???

Cause since last year, they still have the site up...

Maybe it's free until 2007...

What's the best mod for Half Life 2???

I have Garry's Mod and I had some fun with it...

Finally got the lag to stop, er, the freezing and looping sounds but there is yet another problem...

I can't connect to any server once I start DoD or even CS...

Can anyone help me with this???

I've tried looking through their support pages on the Steam website but even when I did the Steam Connection test, I passed, as well as the Issue and Background task tests, I passed them but I still can't connect...

It says that the server is not responding or I just keep clicking on join but nothing happens...

What can I do???

Oh and I almost forgot --- I have a wireless router now when this happens but had the normal one before and it didn't happen...
    Last edited by useless_person; 08-15-2006 at 03:15 PM.

too bad that F.E.A.R game is for high end users only. it looks awesome.

to useless_person: is it me or are Steam always having problems? i think the only reason ppl stay with them is coz of half-life and counter-strike.

Super Moderator Reputation: 424

Updated the list.

Added F.E.A.R Combat
    Added Thundra

I'm nice like that...

春光乍泄 Reputation: 193

Thundra.. wtf... perfect 50 rating... nice mockery... how did hell did the developers even think of selling it for 22 bucks!?!?!

If you rescue me, I'll be your friend forever. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyne View Post
    Thundra.. wtf... perfect 50 rating... nice mockery... how did hell did the developers even think of selling it for 22 bucks!?!?!
    actually, they didnt give it a 50 rating, they gave it -50. note the negative sign.

Quote Originally Posted by netsforex View Post
    too bad that F.E.A.R game is for high end users only. it looks awesome.

to useless_person: is it me or are Steam always having problems? i think the only reason ppl stay with them is coz of half-life and counter-strike.
    Nah it was the wireless router, now I've set up the old one and it works like the old times --- just fine...

And what were you saying about FEAR???

Is it free or are you talking about the retail one???

Oh and here are some games for you guys to add to your collection...

Sauerbraten
    http://sauerbraten.org/

It's Cube 2 from what I've heard...

http://sauerbraten.org/sauercomp.jpg

Sorry bout the long line...

Think you've got this one --- Penumbra, but just making sure...
    http://frictionalgames.com/?q=penumbra

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...reenhunter.jpg

Marathon Series...
    http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Screenshot.jpg

D-Day: Normandy...
    http://dday.planetquake.gamespy.com/site/

It's a crappy game that I don't know how to play. Cartoony graphics --- kinda like Doom but I think you're able to get up to 250 players at once there, or so I think...

http://dday.planetquake.gamespy.com/...ame/flamer.jpg
    http://dday.planetquake.gamespy.com/...me/omaha01.jpg
    http://dday.planetquake.gamespy.com/...e/engineer.jpg
    http://dday.planetquake.gamespy.com/...ingame/hmg.jpg
    http://dday.planetquake.gamespy.com/...me/sniping.jpg

Ok I have no idea what I'm doing so sorry if things are a little mixed up...

Oh and D-Day: Normandy looks like it would run perfectly on lower end pc's, and with the higher end pc I have, if there were 250 bots and players or whatever at once, it would run on mine like it would when I play on a 55 person server in ET --- just smoothly with chaos dipped in fast paced death...

sum of those games look really awesome. if Murxidon actually reads ure post, then he'll most likely put them on his list.

to Murxidon: the site for Outpost is gone. its a broken link.

*UPDATE* yay! im Samus' girdle!! *hugs her boobs*

A nice big update to the list, you can tell I really don't have a life and spent two hours improving it.

- Removed large screenshots and replaced all of them with 56k friendly thumbnails
    -Added D-Day: Normandy, Marathon Series, Penumbra and Cube 2
    -Removed Outpost
    -Removed the pointless ratings
    -Every image is now hosted on Imageshack, so no more broken links and images.

Thanks for finding the games, I haven't found time to update the list properly in a long time.

wat about Walkover? isnt that worth the list?

*UPDATE* useless_person and anyone else that was interested in BF2142:

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/bf2142/
    Last edited by netsforex; 08-19-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Walkover isn't a third/first person shooter, and is viewed from a top-down perspective.

Sounds nice though...

(Oh.. And where's Mr. Donija? I haven't heard from him in a while and miss him dearly)
    Last edited by Neil; 08-19-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murxidon View Post
    Walkover isn't a third/first person shooter, and is viewed from a top-down perspective.

Sounds nice though...

(Oh.. And where's Mr. Donija? I haven't heard from him in a while and miss him dearly)
    Haha thanks. I really don't have a life as well(no offense), so I've spent most of my time being lazy --- playing games, watching tv and sleeping. I wake up, I play games, I watch some tv, I do something else I don't remember, and go to sleep in like 2 am...

So I didn't really care about posting here --- no offense, but I'm lazy, prolly the medication...

Oh and that .kkrieger game is worth a pretty good rating. It's 96k and I've read some posts about procedural generating, like the ones of about and wikipedia, and this game came as an example.

Graphics are pretty good and size is wonderful, don't know much about gameplay but I'm guessing it's all dark horror type sci fi --- you kno, the survival kind, except you're battling more mechs like that spider thing than you are the undead/zombies...

Oh and for the Battlfield 2142 thing, so what's happened???

Still have to be a subscriber or not?

Well it's kinda confusing I read some parts of it and it seems like so...

Ah all the game looks like it will be running in the same but slightly improved(more or less) engine of BF2.

This should be good. Turrets are my favourite tool in games, especially when they are available just like that...

In SWBF2, when snipers deployed them, they sucked like crap cause they fire a bunch of rounds slowly and hardly hit shit --- a pretty good distraction if you want to frag fast and get out of a narrow situation...

See, it did turn out like a good game. Oh but this maybe the last in their franchise, since it began with a WW2 game, to Vietnam and a modern one, then it's a FUTURISTIC one now, and I'd bet that another futuristic one would sound gay since you already have this one --- too bad they put bullets instead of lasers...