Better First Char

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10
    Quicksight13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Better First Char

    simple just say your opinion Knight Or Warrior i know what each classes pros and cons are.

    (i like PvP and junk)

  2. #2
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 17
    Soren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Personally, I did not like starting out with Knight, Even though they have armor boosts, it does not help that much starting out. I see lvl 9 mages training where i was training at lvl 17 because they could hit and run and not get hit once and yet kill within 20 seconds while i had to take the hits and then constantly pot. I really think Warrior would be a better starting character since going for aoe knight is kinda annoying when it is your first character with low funding. At least warriors have a better chance of 1 hitting so that monster do not have a chance to strike.
    Currently Playing:
    Aion: IGN-Famous
    Server:Zikel
    Race/Class: Elyos/Templar

    Steam ID: NonConGuy

  3. #3
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10
    Quicksight13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    8

    Smile

    thx sounds good

    great reply

  4. #4
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 57
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    On the freeway to school
    Posts
    2,820
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Based on saying how you like PvP, you would want to go warrior. Warriors have the best consistant single target damage and the only melee class that gets the 20 chain combo. Since you can't use attack skills in PvP, you have to totally rely on combo in order to win. With that said, warriors with the best combo in the game would obviously hold a huge advantage even over knights that have higher defense.

    When it comes to PvE (person versus enemies/environment) then pretty much all classes are equal. Rumor states that either knight or warrior has the fastest leveling speed, so no matter which you pick you would still level up very fast. But since you like PvP, warrior would be the way to go.

    Slogan created by Kai and Me

  5. #5
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253
    HamsterMascot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    12,867
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Lol i think you only played eSO CB and now trying to give best advise for PvP??

    I got owned bad with the PvP conversation with Tales yesterday >.> it seems that Warriors don't even use combo in PvP cause it's useless... they use their slashes and obviously you can use skills in PvP >.> Is the mages shooting with his dildo then? I THINK NOT! they use their attack skills >.> yea even if it's magic it's still a ATTACK SKILL!!! now to say he short and fast version.


    Warriors don't use combo's in PvP but slashes.

  6. #6
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I hav the same question with threadstarter, but ts is base on ( PvP and junk ), i'm based on lvling speed and amount of money earn. Any suggestions?

  7. #7
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253
    HamsterMascot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    12,867
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayz View Post
    I hav the same question with threadstarter, but ts is base on ( PvP and junk ), i'm based on lvling speed and amount of money earn. Any suggestions?
    knights are sorta cheap. They need less pots then all other classes

  8. #8
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darksin View Post
    knights are sorta cheap. They need less pots then all other classes
    do they lvl fast? at which lvl do they own AoE skills and which lvl they can kill bunch of monsters with AoE skills? Erm, using less pot means use less money..how abt earning money?

  9. #9
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 17
    Soren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayz View Post
    do they lvl fast? at which lvl do they own AoE skills and which lvl they can kill bunch of monsters with AoE skills? Erm, using less pot means use less money..how abt earning money?
    Well they get their AoE spell fairly quickly from level 18ish and beyond. However, the range of the AoE is just too small to be effective. Most monsters you fight are never bunched together and usually require you to aggro them together. This takes too much time and i just dont like running around for a good minute just to cast 1 spell. I do believe it does get much more effective later on when the range becomes bigger, but in early levels, its fairly weak and somewhat useless. It is alot easier to level with a single target spell, but then thats why there are warriors.

    And also, they take probably more damage than most other characters due to being a melee character (where monsters could attack you) and killing fairly slowly. Having a full set armor is key to leveling.
    Currently Playing:
    Aion: IGN-Famous
    Server:Zikel
    Race/Class: Elyos/Templar

    Steam ID: NonConGuy

  10. #10
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Well they get their AoE spell fairly quickly from level 18ish and beyond. However, the range of the AoE is just too small to be effective. Most monsters you fight are never bunched together and usually require you to aggro them together. This takes too much time and i just dont like running around for a good minute just to cast 1 spell. I do believe it does get much more effective later on when the range becomes bigger, but in early levels, its fairly weak and somewhat useless. It is alot easier to level with a single target spell, but then thats why there are warriors.

    And also, they take probably more damage than most other characters due to being a melee character (where monsters could attack you) and killing fairly slowly. Having a full set armor is key to leveling.

    so u mean warrior lvls faster than knight and other chars?
    Anyway, at which lvl do knight's aoe's range became big enuff and effective?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •