Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Better First Char

  1. #1
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10
    Quicksight13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Better First Char

    simple just say your opinion Knight Or Warrior i know what each classes pros and cons are.

    (i like PvP and junk)

  2. #2
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 17
    Soren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,277
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Personally, I did not like starting out with Knight, Even though they have armor boosts, it does not help that much starting out. I see lvl 9 mages training where i was training at lvl 17 because they could hit and run and not get hit once and yet kill within 20 seconds while i had to take the hits and then constantly pot. I really think Warrior would be a better starting character since going for aoe knight is kinda annoying when it is your first character with low funding. At least warriors have a better chance of 1 hitting so that monster do not have a chance to strike.
    Currently Playing:
    Aion: IGN-Famous
    Server:Zikel
    Race/Class: Elyos/Templar

    Steam ID: NonConGuy

  3. #3
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10
    Quicksight13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Smile

    thx sounds good

    great reply

  4. #4
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 57
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    twitch.tv/after5
    Posts
    2,846
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Based on saying how you like PvP, you would want to go warrior. Warriors have the best consistant single target damage and the only melee class that gets the 20 chain combo. Since you can't use attack skills in PvP, you have to totally rely on combo in order to win. With that said, warriors with the best combo in the game would obviously hold a huge advantage even over knights that have higher defense.

    When it comes to PvE (person versus enemies/environment) then pretty much all classes are equal. Rumor states that either knight or warrior has the fastest leveling speed, so no matter which you pick you would still level up very fast. But since you like PvP, warrior would be the way to go.


    Okunen Guild Leader. Click banner to learn more!

    Current main game: Blade & Soul West (upon release)


  5. #5
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,640
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Lol i think you only played eSO CB and now trying to give best advise for PvP??

    I got owned bad with the PvP conversation with Tales yesterday >.> it seems that Warriors don't even use combo in PvP cause it's useless... they use their slashes and obviously you can use skills in PvP >.> Is the mages shooting with his dildo then? I THINK NOT! they use their attack skills >.> yea even if it's magic it's still a ATTACK SKILL!!! now to say he short and fast version.


    Warriors don't use combo's in PvP but slashes.

  6. #6
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I hav the same question with threadstarter, but ts is base on ( PvP and junk ), i'm based on lvling speed and amount of money earn. Any suggestions?

  7. #7
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,640
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayz View Post
    I hav the same question with threadstarter, but ts is base on ( PvP and junk ), i'm based on lvling speed and amount of money earn. Any suggestions?
    knights are sorta cheap. They need less pots then all other classes

  8. #8
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darksin View Post
    knights are sorta cheap. They need less pots then all other classes
    do they lvl fast? at which lvl do they own AoE skills and which lvl they can kill bunch of monsters with AoE skills? Erm, using less pot means use less money..how abt earning money?

  9. #9
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 17
    Soren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,277
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayz View Post
    do they lvl fast? at which lvl do they own AoE skills and which lvl they can kill bunch of monsters with AoE skills? Erm, using less pot means use less money..how abt earning money?
    Well they get their AoE spell fairly quickly from level 18ish and beyond. However, the range of the AoE is just too small to be effective. Most monsters you fight are never bunched together and usually require you to aggro them together. This takes too much time and i just dont like running around for a good minute just to cast 1 spell. I do believe it does get much more effective later on when the range becomes bigger, but in early levels, its fairly weak and somewhat useless. It is alot easier to level with a single target spell, but then thats why there are warriors.

    And also, they take probably more damage than most other characters due to being a melee character (where monsters could attack you) and killing fairly slowly. Having a full set armor is key to leveling.
    Currently Playing:
    Aion: IGN-Famous
    Server:Zikel
    Race/Class: Elyos/Templar

    Steam ID: NonConGuy

  10. #10
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Well they get their AoE spell fairly quickly from level 18ish and beyond. However, the range of the AoE is just too small to be effective. Most monsters you fight are never bunched together and usually require you to aggro them together. This takes too much time and i just dont like running around for a good minute just to cast 1 spell. I do believe it does get much more effective later on when the range becomes bigger, but in early levels, its fairly weak and somewhat useless. It is alot easier to level with a single target spell, but then thats why there are warriors.

    And also, they take probably more damage than most other characters due to being a melee character (where monsters could attack you) and killing fairly slowly. Having a full set armor is key to leveling.

    so u mean warrior lvls faster than knight and other chars?
    Anyway, at which lvl do knight's aoe's range became big enuff and effective?

  11. #11
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 34
    AngelTales's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,469
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    when u max it ">>

    aoe knight lvls slow in the beginnin
    their aoe skills are 10 lvls and requires alot of skill point

    i have a low level aoe knight in japan , lv 43 , still cant one hit the pumkin in acrud dungeon . . .
    the built is str and agi as required , rest vit
    here again, you need vit . . . ur facing multiple mobs , best if one whole room at once (those pumkin dmg me 6~30)
    seal has a sort of gangbang system , when multiple mobs are atkin you . their dmg multiplies

    another thing is , during the start of OB . . . seriously i will NOT let you wonder around and gather mobs off me ">>
    i dont think people will keep silent watching you gatherin mobs from their lvling ground !!!! (and ur the fkin bad one here)

    aoe knights . . . . im not sure about how useful they are fightin lv 100+ mobs
    monsters later on has over 30k or even 40k hp . . . .
    their atk , def will be puffed . . . well its still very good if you manage to gather more aoe knight for aoe party . . . .

    aoe cant pk btw . . . animation slow . . .
    people can catch chance to heal/pot
    explosion knights are always the main pvp knights
    (just what i think)
    Last edited by AngelTales; 11-12-2007 at 05:54 AM.
    Currently Playing:
    [NA] World of Tanks - Tsukito
    [KR] Tera - l2aine
    [JPN] Black Desert - 秘密事項です!!

    Upcoming:
    [NA] Black Desert - Tsukito, [Valkyrie] Tsurugi - [Ranger] Hamaya - [Plum] Yaiba

  12. #12
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelTales View Post
    when u max it ">>

    aoe knight lvls slow in the beginnin
    their aoe skills are 10 lvls and requires alot of skill point

    i have a low level aoe knight in japan , lv 43 , still cant one hit the pumkin in acrud dungeon . . .
    the built is str and agi as required , rest vit
    here again, you need vit . . . ur facing multiple mobs , best if one whole room at once (those pumkin dmg me 6~30)
    seal has a sort of gangbang system , when multiple mobs are atkin you . their dmg multiplies

    another thing is , during the start of OB . . . seriously i will NOT let you wonder around and gather mobs off me ">>
    i dont think people will keep silent watching you gatherin mobs from their lvling ground !!!! (and ur the fkin bad one here)

    aoe knights . . . . im not sure about how useful they are fightin lv 100+ mobs
    monsters later on has over 30k or even 40k hp . . . .
    their atk , def will be puffed . . . well its still very good if you manage to gather more aoe knight for aoe party . . . .

    aoe cant pk btw . . . animation slow . . .
    people can catch chance to heal/pot
    explosion knights are always the main pvp knights
    (just what i think)

    That's very true...then i'll head for warrior...any cons?

  13. #13
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,640
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    They have low def so you die faster >.> pros is a cool sword

  14. #14
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10
    inuyasgon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    i noe is tat imgoing to be a warrior
    ARBITER!!!!!!! YAY ELITE

  15. #15
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darksin View Post
    They have low def so you die faster >.> pros is a cool sword
    What u meant by pros is a cool sword? ( knight? ) anyway, what if i pump vit into warrior..?

  16. #16
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 34
    AngelTales's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,469
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    warrior has a giant cons over all other class
    and thats their slash skill
    at lv 6 it launchs twice
    at lv 9 it launchs 3 times
    (no delay between)
    so if u compare the dmg each class can deal with pressing of one skill . . .
    warrior will deal teh highest dmg

    the 21 combo thing . . . .
    seriously its for monster hunting mainly ">>
    ur not chasing a magician or clown trying to combo them ">> (they dont have much hp or def , slash them ~ slash has a little range)
    well u do use it against knights , very deadly too . . since dmg comes fast (if you can heal perfectly between combos and didnt die in explosion)

    and yeah vit will help alot in making a good warrior
    all close range class should vit (when ur ready to pvp, lv 1~100 u should concentrate in str for grinding) . . . long range should find good meat shield
    Last edited by AngelTales; 11-12-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    [NA] World of Tanks - Tsukito
    [KR] Tera - l2aine
    [JPN] Black Desert - 秘密事項です!!

    Upcoming:
    [NA] Black Desert - Tsukito, [Valkyrie] Tsurugi - [Ranger] Hamaya - [Plum] Yaiba

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •