Italy Won!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 40

I agree on some parts, but what happened in the field, stays in the field. Grosso was looking for the penalty, and it's what any other football player would've of done.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 67

Quote Originally Posted by BoundByHonor
    I agree on some parts, but what happened in the field, stays in the field. Grosso was looking for the penalty, and it's what any other football player would've of done.
    Yah I know, but its really up to the refs to see through those kind of appeals. In every game Australia's played so far (except maybe Australia vs Brazil), the referees have annoyed the shit out of me. It was only the Brazil game that i thought was judged well. We lost 2-0, but it was a fair loss. Not like the Italy game. If Italy had won by 3-0, i wouldn't have been disappointed. But losing the way we did makes my blood boil.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

ITALY SUCKS. They tied the US!!!!!! Let me remind you that the US was down to 10 men; and that the US lost to the Czech Republic 3-0 and 2-1 to Ghana!!!!

Australia is a novice to the worldcup, while Italy is supposed to be 3-time champions! Italy has star players, sorry star divers; while Australia doesn't have the same expensive players!!!!

For Italy to need the referee's help to win shows who bought the ref; and it shows how SUCKY Italy is.
    Do you play the Damned Isle? Try it...

Keyboard Warrior Reputation: 193

Well the ref was behind him and called for a penalty immediately lol... But Australia only survived that long because of their goalkeeper, he did some really great saves... if not for him Australia would have been trashed.

Everytime I post, I think Murph is about to BROFIST me. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

Banned Reputation: 10

Ok let me start by saying that i am an Australian. The red card on the italian player was really unnesessary. However australia had played good all game dominating in possession due to their patience with Italy, and had some very good attempts at goal. To know that all your hard work and dedication is ruined by one silly ref's decision in the last minute of the game is really bullshit because THAT WAS CLEARLY NOT A FOUL!. Lucas Neil(The Australia defender) who tried to tackle the Italian striker had missed him completely, but the Italian striker didnt get out of the way and basically tripped over him making it look like a foul. I can tell you, the whole nation of Australia is extremely angry at the FIFA officials. They had made 2 BIG BIG mistakes, first for giving the red card, 2nd for giving away a penalty in the last 30 seconds.

@BoundbyBound I do not agree at what you said, "Italy deserves the compensation". It was not Australia's fault that the referee gave out the red card.

@Raiyne Schwazer is good, however it wasnt because of him that we did so well. Did you see how Australia dominated in the possession? i think it was 59% Australia to 41% Italy.

Lastly, i hope that referee get sent home and banned forever.
    Last edited by FireStar; 06-27-2006 at 11:44 AM.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 21

****ing Italy, go to hell.

Now thats just plain hate. Don't be hating on a good team. :P Yeah Australia was dominating... its sad to see the underdogs leave so early... Think there are any other underdogs?

Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

Banned Reputation: 10

Ghanna, but they are playing Brazil so good luck to them!

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 67

Yah, we did have 59% of the possesion, and its a shame all that hard work was ruined by the ref. We almost had it ruined in the Croatia vs Australia game, as well as the Japan game. Refs have screwed Australia. There have been a lot of other suspect penalties in other games too. The sad thing is..if a player scrutinizes a ref, they have to face a tribunal. Refs usually get away with this kind of stuff. Refs have too much impact on the game to not be scrutinized, and the laws protecting them just seem like pure stupidity at times.

PS: FireStar, your sig gave me an epileptic fit.

Lol... indeed..

Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast