I gotta say.. I suck badly ._.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 113

Default I gotta say.. I suck badly ._.

Any tips or anything for this game? I just started yesterday and I screwed up completely. This is probably the second 3rd Person Shooter that I suck at D: (First was Gunz but bleh I didn't like that anyway)

Anyone who plays this game want to give me advice or train me kinda? Any help would appreciated.

If this were any other game then I would've stopped long time ago but I gotta say I'm loving the giant robot theme <3 Reminds me of Super Robot Wars without the tactical aspect.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 24

um, it takes about a week to get used to. just use spitters till you get better.

"I usually assume my teammates are retarded."

http://justified-gaming.enjin.com/

Banned Reputation: 8

Basically, stay back, keep focused on one person at a time, and don't let people melee you. If you see a person with a sword come at you, jump boost to get away. If someones shooting you with smg's, jump and go left and right while staying in range and you should kill them easily. If someone has a cannon, boost towards them while going left and right and they shouldn't be able to hit you. Hope I can help =X

IGN is Associated if you need anything else. I'm really low on cash right now though T_T

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12

Jump boosting a sword user is stupid unless you are in a map with a ledge to sit on because I know when people jump boost over me when i have my sword out i just wait for them to land and hit them in back and on top of that most sword users have an smg in the opposite hand as a sword to deal with jump boosters. My tip is to play some Last Stand maps to get used to the boosting and how to dodge stuff.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 0

This is pretty unorganized but I think it has some valuable advice in it

I would say, personally, just wait a couple more days and participate in Territory control and team death match. You should use cover in this game as most people rely on the lock-on system. For example if you go behind a pillar it's likely someone shooting at you will overheat their weapons and miss as your mechs center isn't visible (this is where they generally have to aim to get a lock). Use beam spitters, I can't really say exactly why they're good but trust me the only thing you have to worry about is how fast they heat up.

If someone with a sword hits you, wait right after they hit then use the shift key to boost in the opposite direction . It's likely that they will follow you so shoot them while boosting (due to the delay of the sword and the fact they'll probably swing again you'll have a good lead). You might run out of EN and not kill them during your boost, if this happens don't boost just walk backwards, regain some EN, and let your guns cool down a bit or switch weapons. Then boost through them and turn around quickly to attack them (this may not work against semi-experienced or if you have been boosting towards them for too long and they realize you're probably gonna boost through them).

You may want to go into practice mode and boost in circles around the dummy's trying to shoot and keep a lock on them. It will help a bit with aiming. The energy shield available in the store is better against small arms fire (rifles, SMGs) the default one is good against (cannons, and I think rockets). Using your specials such as blast helix or spinal tap grant you invincibility during the animation (also if you plan on using skills a lot theres a way to look at their damage by using the tabs at the bottom right corner).

Also ALWAYS use shift when boosting, theres less of a delay. Now then, say your boosting right but now you have to make a tun. Let go of shift then quickly boost again using shift in the direction you want to go. By landing you don't go through an animation that makes your mech stop/slow down for about a second. It also isn't really something people expect so it may throw people off once or twice.
    Last edited by Zefer; 11-24-2007 at 05:44 AM.

Rock Man Reputation: 10

Spitters are good becuase for smgs weapon, it has the highest range which is 3/4 of the distance a rifle can fire and that's pretty good. overheat is fast but cooling rate is faster than anyother so far.
    When it comes to large battles be very aware of your surroundings. You can usual spot a couple rocket/cannon users or riflers in some ledges, as they have long range weapons, they're pretty much useless close up unless they have a melee weapon equiped. Also as soon as you see the lock on label on your screen, start moving fast!. You don't want to get shot and even if you do make it harder for others to shoot you by strafing left right or any other direction that keeps your predator shooting air.
    my random quotes:Attitude controls all!
    The moon shines on those who seek it..

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 0

I just fu&*ing realized where this is and it answers tons of questions I had so I'll put it here. Exteel has a ability point system. You can put points you gather by ranking/leveling up into health/speed/energy/marksmanship increases, I think theres a couple more. It's in Pilot info switch to the "abilities" tab to get to it. I have 30 unspent point and I feel slightly retarded.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 113

^^ lol

Thanks for tips. I got Echo's instead of the beam spitters though =[

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

mmmyep, all the above is a bit true. Here's a few more additional things.

One thing is besides the ability system there's also a weapon specialization where the more kills you make with a particular weapon, you get special perks like overheat/damage/range bonuses and such (92% to rank 1 on rockets, fear me =p ).

Also, yes, the beam spitters are probably the most newb friendly guns in the whole game (at least three quarters of the SMGers I see use them, and they're the ones with the high K/D ratio. Hmm....) But, if you start to get bored, the other weapons are still good, although the two hardest 'classes' are melee (swords/spears/shields only) and heavy weapons (rockets/cannons only).

Melee is a bit obvious for its difficulty but it does kick a lot of ass if the user is skilled enough, mainly because of the stun caused by melee attacks. Heavy weapons, if I must say, is THE hardest thing for what its worth. The reasons I'll leave ya to find out, but it shows that for how much time people have to put in to get good with rockets and cannons, the damage doesn't justify it enough.

So that's my two creds
    Last edited by Jerov; 11-25-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    Messing around.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I havnt even tried the game yet.

I cant register :|

If anyone can register an account for me please pm me it or email me at xlazerx98@hotmail.com.

Thx!!

Btw im gonna suck in this game too lol.

Good luck and have fun playing while i wait for emails and pms lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast