Onrpg Needs You! Looking for writers!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned Reputation: 12

When will you stop collecting applicants?

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 14

In a dark room full of sunshine and smiles.

I was wondering is their an age limit to this or anything like that of the sort?

A world of sin and shadows....delightful.
    ----
    Currently Playing:DDR(various), Anarchy Online(PC), Borderlands(360), WOTS3(360),Dragon Age: Origins(360), COD:MW2(360).

Wants to Play: All the stuff I'm currently playing.

Waiting For: The Secret World:Online(PC), SW:TOR(PC).

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 5

Quote Originally Posted by soultaker9639 View Post
    I was wondering is their an age limit to this or anything like that of the sort?
    Most likely. A 13 year old for example would usually not be given a journalist pass for something like E3, much less expect him to go to it. A kid for example, would not really be taken seriously when trying to get into press related events, or talks with the developers. As a journalist you have to also be able to put bias on the back seat and know what elements to look for in what you review. Knowing how games are made, who makes them, genre, game elements, and all that are important in being able to clearly understand and review a game. Usually an "i like it because it is fun and cartoony" approach is not very professional.

The best way to review a game in my opinion, is to break it down into its pros and cons + features, and then go into depth about each of them. The first paragraph can contain your first impression, and the final your conclusion.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 0

Are you simply looking for a full text review, or can there be thumbnails of screenshots to illustrate a point?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsEnd View Post
    Are you simply looking for a full text review, or can there be thumbnails of screenshots to illustrate a point?
    screen shots and illustrations are just fluff. Unless its a video review, i guarantee you they want to see how you write, not how you draw.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 11

Text reviews, with some screenshots IF needed.

We're not sure exactly how many we intend on adding. Likely we'll keep up the sign ups indefinitely since people come and go in this industry so we will usually always be looking for 1 or 2 more talented writers

I know that there are a few projects on the table right now that could use attention though.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 0

Just making sure, many reputable video game sites include pictures in their review of games (1up, IGN, Gamespot, etc.). Simply calling it 'fluff' is a bit harsh.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 17

Mmorpgs are fun, but not fun to play when im being force to imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsEnd View Post
    Just making sure, many reputable video game sites include pictures in their review of games (1up, IGN, Gamespot, etc.). Simply calling it 'fluff' is a bit harsh.
    its not harsh, its the truth. The writer of the review is not the one who puts those screen shots up, thats most likely the editor or the webmaster linking images to the review.

What do you get from a screen shot? just an image that tells nothing, nor explains anything helpful or precise. Its just what the game looks like.

What do you get from a written review? everything. Screen shots are fluff when compared to writing a review.

If you were to take a picture of a person. Would you be able to get a good idea on who they are and what they do, and how they feel? If you were to write out about that person's life, and who they are, you have no need for that photo then. A written review should be able to sum up clearly in text what a screen shot or illustration would.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 18

I wish I could write 1000 words about a game, without being redundant.

Usually, I just end it at: "The game sucks. Don't play it. kkthxbai."

Also, I'm noticing how every thread Shift goes in, he starts some debate, and sometimes, no real reason.

Then again, people usually take offense to things easily, too.

so far gone...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast