Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is FFXI awesome?

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 16

Default is FFXI awesome?

look at title

A Shrubbery Reputation: 27

If you have the time to spend and dedication for it, yes. If not, no.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 10

Well if you can spend at least 5 hours a day on it, sure.

Banned Reputation: 10

As they say its for dedicated gamers.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 53

well, if you like pvp, you'l hate this game, the pvp barely exist, they get events called balista were players fight, and thats about it, its the most grindcore game ever so you have to be extremly patient, also, you need ALOT of time, becose, in this game, to be better its now how you play, but how long you play =/

Actually, theres Ballista, something else anmd diorama where u can scheduel a fight for when you want.

Staff Admin Reputation: 29

It is a game that is very dedicated to teaming. I would say this is probably one of the funner games that is out.

Moderator since Aug 2004. I am a guy.
    Email me at lothia@gmail.com
    FFXI Tsukisa: 60pld/30War (retired)
    The OnRPG War

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 10

To be honest, I say this game sucks. The community has become very retarded, mind you that really hasn't changed since 2 years ago. The high levels act like they know it all and the noobs use really dumb combonations that are no use to party which just gets everyone killed and they will all judge you by your rank and level despite on how much you really know about the game in general. The players in this game really piss me off and you could spend hours trying to level, find a decent party, or sometimes both. In my opinion its a complete waiste of time due to the lousy community and I really wouldn't bother with it if I were you.

Well thats nice to know Urvan that cause i'm a high lvl i think i know it all, far from it, don't judge everyone on the game just on people you've had problems with, also you seen the 3 new jobs out, if your dedicated to this game and orginised as some people were and got to the lvl cap in 2 weeks.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 10

Yes stel, I agree. Recently I just started FF XI (I have had it for a long time but didnt want to start playing it yet, left it in shelf) and I was immedietly confused about what to do. Although a people did disregard my questions by not answering, I did encounter som nice people, they all helped me with what i needed and did not even mind helping me train and showing my where things were. I didn't pay much at the beggining but I found out they were all high levels. Being high level doesn't really matter you see, it's all about the personality and tolerance to questions. xD

^ that's what I think anyways.

ramble ramble.

"Thank goodness I have W-Blue Sky lives."

What server do you play on? if its mine i could help, or just ask me a question that you want to know, i'll try to answer if i can

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

How's the gameplay? I've heard many people tell me it the best out there. I just want to hear from a few of the people that actually play it. Lol. I just wanna know if it's pretty much worth it?

I guess it depends on what games you like, i like it alot.

I'm definantly into FF games. But really my question is based on the importance of it's game play. Is it like the games on PS2? Is it a grindfest? Other than that, I've seen images, and the game looks amazing by far. But I like the game Final Fantasy 8. I can play it over and over again. Great story. I'm sure it's better, graphic wise, lol. But hopefully you can answer that, my friend is trying to make me buy it.

The game is mainly party based unless your like a beast master or something. Also its not like 3 ppl on one side and mobs on other. No one can attack your mobs unless you let them.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by PyrotekFX
    I'm definantly into FF games. But really my question is based on the importance of it's game play. Is it like the games on PS2? Is it a grindfest?
    The gameplay is like any Final Fantasy game currently available for PS2, sans FFXII. FFXII has the closest resemblance to FFXI's gameplay, but even then it's pretty different.

The game requires a LOT of time. A lot of leveling is grinding, but there are truly epic boss battles that make the entire grind up to them worth it. If you plan on jumping right in an *************, you're probably going to get bored rather quickly. There are a lot of things to do in the game besides combat, so don't forget about crafting or anything like that.

I played FFXI for about a year and enjoyed it for the most part, but it just lost its fun factor once most of my friends on it stopped playing. If you've got friends to play with, the game's a blast.
    fairy land|S.O.S.団

wat server you on

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Alright well this is how it is for me, I tried it for a couple months go to level 18 and sub class of 15. Started getting boring with the constant grinding, and don't get me wrong I'm a hard core Final Fantasy lover but then I ask myself.... what is the point of the game if you just grind and get to the level cap? Seriously though ask yourself that for me would ya?

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Taco
    The gameplay is like any Final Fantasy game currently available for PS2, sans FFXII. FFXII has the closest resemblance to FFXI's gameplay, but even then it's pretty different.

The game requires a LOT of time. A lot of leveling is grinding, but there are truly epic boss battles that make the entire grind up to them worth it. If you plan on jumping right in an *************, you're probably going to get bored rather quickly. There are a lot of things to do in the game besides combat, so don't forget about crafting or anything like that.

I played FFXI for about a year and enjoyed it for the most part, but it just lost its fun factor once most of my friends on it stopped playing. If you've got friends to play with, the game's a blast.
    Exactly, having friends to play with you make the game much better.

"Thank goodness I have W-Blue Sky lives."

thing is theres more then just grinding, its just u didn't get to that lvl yet but theres the 3 new expnsions lots of things to do there, missions, quests lots of things to do

Default its good

all round if you like an mmorpg that's not like grind,sell,grind,sell then ffxi is the game for you. also ffxi has an awsome community with many friendly people

and lots of new things coming out soon, eg chocobo breedings coming out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist
    all round if you like an mmorpg that's not like grind,sell,grind,sell then ffxi is the game for you. also ffxi has an awsome community with many friendly people
    What?
    FFXI is practically all about grinding, until you get a pretty high level.
    It's at the "endgame" things get changed up a bit, and FFXI endgame sucks.

Onrpg Film Producer Reputation: 28

Personally I used to love it, that is if you have the time.

Cool It is good...overall

I've been playing about 1 month on my Xbox 360, and i have a friend to play and talk with (who keeps breaking our static!! - static is where you basically level up together so you always have someone to party with) and when he's at home and not at Angelsey (an island where his parents drag him off to each weekend for a "break" ... he bloody hates it ^_^) it is extremely fun.

When he's not there... as long as i have someone to type to, at the least, it is still, somewhat very fun. (then again, i enjoy meeting people... *shrug*)
    The community is very good (in my server at least - Quetzalcoatl) but i must admit, there are idiots... i saw one guy say to someone who was trying to be polite by speaking english to him... he turned and said, "Go learn english properly or don't bother speaking it" ... what kind of attitude is that? I admit, too, i have had downsides with people who think they're all that, one even got my friend killed... he was the healer and wouldn't heal him ... he got kicked.. ^_^

Basically what i'm saying is don't judge the community by the first 5 - 10 people you meet,not everyone is an ass... and not everyone is the perfect person, and some are just in-between but you get the idea right?

The gameplay itself, can also be judged on communication, teamwork and of course... go on... guess... actually killing things.
    Put them all together and you've got the best party and kind of experience you could want! miss one, not so bad ... in a way... cut two and there's no point being there.

Now, the grinding part ... well... ok 2 days ago i was lvl 24 whm / lvl 12 blm ... now i am lvl 30 whm / lvl 12 blm << i'm gimped :eek:
    I found it to be fun for the most part, i got into two great parties and got 4 friends and a linkshell out of it... to go with my other linkshell... :P
    That was hardwork, i started at about midnight last night... well this morning... and went to sleep at 5:30am, my eyes were killing but i had to get to 30, it drove me on ^^ thats the great thing, you're driven to a target!

Now i'm 30 i have more options! unlock new jobs! do some quests! heck, fight to gain moo-lah! i've got options open to me, heck i could go chocobo riding for fun! ^^

I know, it may seem inappropriate but what i'm saying is the grinding is good to look back and say, wow, look what i've achieved. 1 month and gettin these levels - 18war 1 mnk 30 whm 12 blm 1 rdm 12 thf
    i've had people tell me i'm inhuman, and i've been going out too, not an inside person all the time! 6 levels in one day, i don't consider that so grinding really, i should have started earlier yea but heck, it worked...

as you can see i'm basically saying, it is fun, but with certain consumption... don't search for a party if you have to go out... increase your crafting skills... fishing, woodwork, smithing, goldsmithing, cooking etc. it may be tiresome, but in the end you make a great profit, and that's needed for the armors and what-not.
    Well, there's my essay on FFXI.

Cormyr