is FFXI awesome?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned Reputation: 10

What server do you play on? if its mine i could help, or just ask me a question that you want to know, i'll try to answer if i can

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

How's the gameplay? I've heard many people tell me it the best out there. I just want to hear from a few of the people that actually play it. Lol. I just wanna know if it's pretty much worth it?

I guess it depends on what games you like, i like it alot.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'm definantly into FF games. But really my question is based on the importance of it's game play. Is it like the games on PS2? Is it a grindfest? Other than that, I've seen images, and the game looks amazing by far. But I like the game Final Fantasy 8. I can play it over and over again. Great story. I'm sure it's better, graphic wise, lol. But hopefully you can answer that, my friend is trying to make me buy it.

The game is mainly party based unless your like a beast master or something. Also its not like 3 ppl on one side and mobs on other. No one can attack your mobs unless you let them.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by PyrotekFX
    I'm definantly into FF games. But really my question is based on the importance of it's game play. Is it like the games on PS2? Is it a grindfest?
    The gameplay is like any Final Fantasy game currently available for PS2, sans FFXII. FFXII has the closest resemblance to FFXI's gameplay, but even then it's pretty different.

The game requires a LOT of time. A lot of leveling is grinding, but there are truly epic boss battles that make the entire grind up to them worth it. If you plan on jumping right in an *************, you're probably going to get bored rather quickly. There are a lot of things to do in the game besides combat, so don't forget about crafting or anything like that.

I played FFXI for about a year and enjoyed it for the most part, but it just lost its fun factor once most of my friends on it stopped playing. If you've got friends to play with, the game's a blast.
    fairy land|S.O.S.団

wat server you on

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Alright well this is how it is for me, I tried it for a couple months go to level 18 and sub class of 15. Started getting boring with the constant grinding, and don't get me wrong I'm a hard core Final Fantasy lover but then I ask myself.... what is the point of the game if you just grind and get to the level cap? Seriously though ask yourself that for me would ya?

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Taco
    The gameplay is like any Final Fantasy game currently available for PS2, sans FFXII. FFXII has the closest resemblance to FFXI's gameplay, but even then it's pretty different.

The game requires a LOT of time. A lot of leveling is grinding, but there are truly epic boss battles that make the entire grind up to them worth it. If you plan on jumping right in an *************, you're probably going to get bored rather quickly. There are a lot of things to do in the game besides combat, so don't forget about crafting or anything like that.

I played FFXI for about a year and enjoyed it for the most part, but it just lost its fun factor once most of my friends on it stopped playing. If you've got friends to play with, the game's a blast.
    Exactly, having friends to play with you make the game much better.

"Thank goodness I have W-Blue Sky lives."

thing is theres more then just grinding, its just u didn't get to that lvl yet but theres the 3 new expnsions lots of things to do there, missions, quests lots of things to do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast