is FFXI awesome?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default its good

all round if you like an mmorpg that's not like grind,sell,grind,sell then ffxi is the game for you. also ffxi has an awsome community with many friendly people

Banned Reputation: 10

and lots of new things coming out soon, eg chocobo breedings coming out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist
    all round if you like an mmorpg that's not like grind,sell,grind,sell then ffxi is the game for you. also ffxi has an awsome community with many friendly people
    What?
    FFXI is practically all about grinding, until you get a pretty high level.
    It's at the "endgame" things get changed up a bit, and FFXI endgame sucks.

Onrpg Film Producer Reputation: 28

Personally I used to love it, that is if you have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kfckaykay
    I was wondering why all my dreams must involve chickens, And they ALWAYS happens, and when i see it, Im like "YEAH! THIS ISNT A SCARY DREAM!", Because almost all the time i see chickens, the dream will litterally become super sup cool 1337 uber pwnage!

Cool It is good...overall

I've been playing about 1 month on my Xbox 360, and i have a friend to play and talk with (who keeps breaking our static!! - static is where you basically level up together so you always have someone to party with) and when he's at home and not at Angelsey (an island where his parents drag him off to each weekend for a "break" ... he bloody hates it ^_^) it is extremely fun.

When he's not there... as long as i have someone to type to, at the least, it is still, somewhat very fun. (then again, i enjoy meeting people... *shrug*)
    The community is very good (in my server at least - Quetzalcoatl) but i must admit, there are idiots... i saw one guy say to someone who was trying to be polite by speaking english to him... he turned and said, "Go learn english properly or don't bother speaking it" ... what kind of attitude is that? I admit, too, i have had downsides with people who think they're all that, one even got my friend killed... he was the healer and wouldn't heal him ... he got kicked.. ^_^

Basically what i'm saying is don't judge the community by the first 5 - 10 people you meet,not everyone is an ass... and not everyone is the perfect person, and some are just in-between but you get the idea right?

The gameplay itself, can also be judged on communication, teamwork and of course... go on... guess... actually killing things.
    Put them all together and you've got the best party and kind of experience you could want! miss one, not so bad ... in a way... cut two and there's no point being there.

Now, the grinding part ... well... ok 2 days ago i was lvl 24 whm / lvl 12 blm ... now i am lvl 30 whm / lvl 12 blm << i'm gimped :eek:
    I found it to be fun for the most part, i got into two great parties and got 4 friends and a linkshell out of it... to go with my other linkshell... :P
    That was hardwork, i started at about midnight last night... well this morning... and went to sleep at 50am, my eyes were killing but i had to get to 30, it drove me on ^^ thats the great thing, you're driven to a target!

Now i'm 30 i have more options! unlock new jobs! do some quests! heck, fight to gain moo-lah! i've got options open to me, heck i could go chocobo riding for fun! ^^

I know, it may seem inappropriate but what i'm saying is the grinding is good to look back and say, wow, look what i've achieved. 1 month and gettin these levels - 18war 1 mnk 30 whm 12 blm 1 rdm 12 thf
    i've had people tell me i'm inhuman, and i've been going out too, not an inside person all the time! 6 levels in one day, i don't consider that so grinding really, i should have started earlier yea but heck, it worked...

as you can see i'm basically saying, it is fun, but with certain consumption... don't search for a party if you have to go out... increase your crafting skills... fishing, woodwork, smithing, goldsmithing, cooking etc. it may be tiresome, but in the end you make a great profit, and that's needed for the armors and what-not.
    Well, there's my essay on FFXI.

Cormyr

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

i tried this game and i fell in love with it instantly

STRAIGHT FROM DEMONS MOUTH!!!:eek:

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Even if this game is grind, at least you don't have to do it alone.
    I think the best part of this game is the community, you meet a lot of nice people and you group with them to get some wicked exp. A hidden effect of this system is that this pretty much eliminates any asshats in the game, since if you are a jerk you won't get any parties

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 16

i wish i cud play but it p2p ughhhh..........

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Yeah this game does have its losers... been playing for 2 years and things havent really changed that much...kinda got better IMO well...probably since i got to a higher level and peoiple started noticing me haha, but yeah, i havea feeling i know why high level players are cold to newbies...heres my story...

Walking around in gustaberg(don't know why, i LOATHE bastok) i found some guys out there...they didnt have armor or anything, so i bought them some armor felt pretty good...PLed them abit got em to like level 7...then i left...bout an hour later one of them was like "Can i have 10k?"
    So i was like "sure" chocoed all the weay to him, gave him his 10k, bout an hour later he asked again...this time i said no...due to i had 10k left...not saying that you hafta stereotype all noobs...but still...they shouldnt beg... If ayones starting on Asura just gimme a /tell names Epsonite

Banned Reputation: 10

Need FFXI Gil ?

We supply FFXI Gil All Servers.

And we will supply FFXI Power Leveling recently.

You may visit our site

http://www.igsky.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123