Reasons why Fiesta is going down the drain....and fast

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Default Reasons why Fiesta is going down the drain....and fast

Now for the record for everyone who's going to say "I haven't played the game enough" i'm a lvl 58 warrior on fiesta ( I HAVE used cash shop) and personally i've loved the game for the most part. Most of my complaints are pointed at Outspark not the game itself.

1. Bots..
    These by far are extremely notorious and there hasn't been much stop to them. You can see them in most areas that are below lvl 40 and they've been plaguing fiesta for months. Outspark has not done very much at all to stop them but for the benefit of the doubt, they recently they installed Xtrap. Why am I still attacking outspark? because the bots are still there and Xtrap compromises other players who do NOT BOT OR HACK by not allowing them to play.

2. Gold Selling
    Inflation has taken a steep hit on the economy of fiesta because of this. Most higher leveled players barely have more then a few gold (1 million copper) pieces which can now be bought quite cheaply. (5-10 dollars a gold piece) The economy thank god is Still stable but its still suffering over time because of this.

3. Lack of influx of new players
    Its very sad to say this but it could be said the higher end towns (Uruga to be precise) if not more populated are equal to the starter town population. If you look around the newbie areas (or KQS) for the most part THIER VERY EMPTY. And really with the gold spammers in the starter town and few other people to play with people are only left with solo or small group grinding, who can blame them for quitting?.... Once the older players get bored and leave who will replace them so the community stays alive?

4. Outspark's focus on monetary gain
    With all do respect any business has the right to make a profit, but the cash shop has dramatically affected gameplay to the point that if you want to become competitive in this game you HAVE to cash shop. Some of the cash shop items give tremendous boosts advantages over no cash shoppers. (7% crit rate increase for example) Cash shop items are untradeable unfortunately so players who cannot pay are pretty much screwed.
    1. In the Chinese version of fiesta you can change ur hairstyle anyway you want for free. In fiesta, your stuck with 3 base hairstyles 3 colors and 1 face style and if you to acess others, you have to pay.
    2. In their last christmas event the Gms promised people prizes for random people who came in costume. The only way you can get a costume was through cash shop. While its debatable....i find it unfair.

In all honestly i hope that 11 million dollars Outspark got would be focused on fixing both Fiesta and Sos. I don't want to see this game break down into another Knight online/E-games

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 8

Quote Originally Posted by warcaster View Post
    Now for the record for everyone who's going to say "I haven't played the game enough" i'm a lvl 58 warrior on fiesta ( I HAVE used cash shop) and personally i've loved the game for the most part. Most of my complaints are pointed at Outspark not the game itself.

1. Bots..
    These by far are extremely notorious and there hasn't been much stop to them. You can see them in most areas that are below lvl 40 and they've been plaguing fiesta for months. Outspark has not done very much at all to stop them but for the benefit of the doubt, they recently they installed Xtrap. Why am I still attacking outspark? because the bots are still there and Xtrap compromises other players who do NOT BOT OR HACK by not allowing them to play.

2. Gold Selling
    Inflation has taken a steep hit on the economy of fiesta because of this. Most higher leveled players barely have more then a few gold (1 million copper) pieces which can now be bought quite cheaply. (5-10 dollars a gold piece) The economy thank god is Still stable but its still suffering over time because of this.

Its very sad to say this but it could be said the higher end towns (Uruga to be precise) if not more populated are equal to the starter town population. If you look around the newbie areas (or KQS) for the most part THIER VERY EMPTY. And really with the gold spammers in the starter town and few other people to play with people are only left with solo or small group grinding, who can blame them for quitting?.... Once the older players get bored and leave who will replace them so the community stays alive?

4. Outspark's focus on monetary gain
    With all do respect any business has the right to make a profit, but the cash shop has dramatically affected gameplay to the point that if you want to become competitive in this game you HAVE to cash shop. Some of the cash shop items give tremendous boosts advantages over no cash shoppers. (7% crit rate increase for example) Cash shop items are untradeable unfortunately so players who cannot pay are pretty much screwed.
    1. In the Chinese version of fiesta you can change ur hairstyle anyway you want for free. In fiesta, your stuck with 3 base hairstyles 3 colors and 1 face style and if you to acess others, you have to pay.
    2. In their last christmas event the Gms promised people prizes for random people who came in costume. The only way you can get a costume was through cash shop. While its debatable....i find it unfair.

In all honestly i hope that 11 million dollars Outspark got would be focused on fixing both Fiesta and Sos. I don't want to see this game break down into another Knight online/E-games
    Alright numero uno, bots are in every game out there, you just have to move on and play around them, theres plenty of people to play with.

Number two, gold sellers, once again, are everywhere in every game, of course they inflate the price of items, but hey jsut means u have t play that much more to get what you want.

Number three, number of players going down?? L-O-L. I can always find a group to party w/ and kingdom quests fill up very fast no matte the time of day. I play at diffrent hours since i started (yesterday) and the quantity of players is very satisfying.

Number Four, hmmm heres a no brainer, but aren't video games made to lets, see whats the word? Make Money? I mean buddy welcome to the real world economy, servers aren't free! Would you rather pay a monthly fee? Who cares if cash shop users get a little buff, they are paying for you to play so suck it up and shut up!

So in the end remember that video games are still a medium to make money, cash shops are there to support your freedom to play the game, so next time you see a cash shop user pass by thank him, he's helping to keep the server free for you to pay.

There you go, have a nice day !
    Last edited by SirLexon; 04-08-2008 at 12:10 AM.
    Games I am Currently Playing

Runescape - trueonefosho

League of Legends
    - Sirlexon/trueonefosho

Steam -
    Trueonefosho

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

SirLexon hit the nail on the head IMO. I think you're exaggerating a lot of these problems. I know I'm still having a ton of fun with Fiesta.

One thing I'd like to mention is your comment about the Outspark Store and Outspark's focus on monetary gain. You can totally play the game for free from start to finish. Sure, you can't attend many of the events, but that's just a side activity apart from the main game.

One thing to remember is even if you bought a ton of items from the Outspark Store all the time, they're still super cheap and you're still playing less to play Fiesta than it costs you to play WoW or EQ or something, and Fiesta is the better game IMO.

Just my two cents.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I will bring this complaint to our team and see what they will think of users issues ^^

Don't worry now, our CS team is working to get that solved, and remove as many bots as they can.
    Last edited by Hideoshi_Kaze; 05-10-2008 at 07:04 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-
    Your dreams and passions will be realized when you learn something of value to yourself.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

Hm... I've played Fiesta for a bit, not too long ago --- considering that the thread is from January, I should have seen this...

Quote Originally Posted by warcaster View Post
    1. Bots..
    Maybe, maybe not. I've met some real players while trying to level, though. Nothing much at all looked like a bot.

but for the benefit of the doubt, they recently they installed Xtrap.
    So what? Xtrap, Gameguard and whatever else they might be called are NOT protecting from anything; their only
    purpose is to piss off legimate players.

It's theoretically impossible that these programs do what they claim to do, hence it can't be done.

2. Gold Selling
    Inflation has taken a steep hit on the economy of fiesta because of this.
    Inflation happens in all games. I usually stay out of the economy as much as possible, so with my short trip to Fiesta...

Its very sad to say this but it could be said the higher end towns (Uruga to be precise) if not more populated are equal to the starter town population. If you look around the newbie areas (or KQS) for the most part THIER VERY EMPTY.
    Again, I wasn't there long enough to see one of those Kingdom quests (I stayed till lvl 20, but didn't do the jobchange --- based on my experience with the game so far and the descriptions in the guides, I wouldn't have tried the jobchange until a few levels later). The starting town was very lively, and the low level areas were a touch too full for my taste. The second town (which was difficult for me to reach so I didn't go there a lot) looked quite full, too.

EDIT: try Gametribe's Domo, if you want to see a game that's deserted :-) If you've seen something like this, you wouldn't call Fiesta deserted.

Some of the cash shop items give tremendous boosts advantages over no cash shoppers.
    That's a danger for every F2P game. If a game turns out to be unplayable I'm gone, so what's the point. It's their decision --- between P2P and "real" F2P (with the cash shop really only offering neutral stuff such as costumes) you can place a game in just about any position.

I've seen this in other games, too --- semi-events that are designed to make players use cash shop stuff to get cash shop rewards.

Again, keep your eyes open. Ignore these events. In fact, I'd almost say ignore all events --- maybe it's just me, but a lot of the F2P "events" across games (nothing Fiesta in particular) seem to be just for the ultra-grinding super-rich people to get even richer: get 10000000000 ultrasuperrare event drops for a 0.00000000000001% chance to get a cash shop item. No thanks. I don't need or care about "events" anymore.

Back then, I didn't think Fiesta was such a bad game. Nothing great, but the "official" status for me is "stalled", not "dropped". Although it's been "stalled" for a while already :-)
    Last edited by Kargor; 05-13-2008 at 12:23 AM.
    My current game status
    ( Not playing anythiing these days, seems F2P MMO"RP"Gs have finally pissed me off enough )
    Went back to Cabal for a bit, but PK isn't my thing at all, so I don't know how long I'll stay this time.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Kargor View Post

That's a danger for every F2P game. If a game turns out to be unplayable I'm gone, so what's the point. It's their decision --- between P2P and "real" F2P (with the cash shop really only offering neutral stuff such as costumes) you can place a game in just about any position.

I've seen this in other games, too --- semi-events that are designed to make players use cash shop stuff to get cash shop rewards.

Again, keep your eyes open. Ignore these events. In fact, I'd almost say ignore all events --- maybe it's just me, but a lot of the F2P "events" across games (nothing Fiesta in particular) seem to be just for the ultra-grinding super-rich people to get even richer: get 10000000000 ultrasuperrare event drops for a 0.00000000000001% chance to get a cash shop item. No thanks. I don't need or care about "events" anymore.
    Outspark is really good about providing both useful and cosmetic items through their store. For Fiesta, there are plenty of useful items like EXP boots, HP/SP extenders, charms of strength, etc. that you can buy to boost your character and make the experience less challenging, but they're never really required. These items exist just to relieve possible frustration, not cause it by making these items required. The costumes are mostly just for fun, with a few providing worthwhile stat bonuses.

As far as the in-game events are concerned, I think Outspark handles them a lot better than other F2P publishers. None of them require mindless grinding, and more than half of them don't require any premium items. Plus, the events that do require premium items are still very cheap to attend, with the same premium item usually giving you access to an event all week long. For me, the events are the best part of the game, and a great way for my friends and I to interact and mess around online.

I agree with a lot of your points. Very good write-up.