Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Runescape Worth It?

Banned Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by troy1991 View Post
    u can evenly share loot using coin share feature and no one else had trouble reading what i wrote so give it up moron your the only 1 that acts like a idiot on the fourms at all and i playd maple story befor was not that impressive define rpg role playing game that why u kids dont like it u better off playing adventure games i mean come on on rpgs u train to lv up for example the final fantasy series which is a great series half your trouble is you to big of noobs to spend your time training that why u kids play wow or guild wars u can max your level like 100x faster if you hate rs so much quit posting your just as bad as the rs community u act like a snotty know it all kid give it up u should love the game you can meet alot more of your type o and u cant ever call flyff a rpg it was a joke mabey u should check out the first rpg made called d@d if u know what it means kid that a true rpg that
    started it all o and it dont mean dad either kain
    1. Didn't read; Too long
    2. TYPE OUT YOUR DAMNED WORDS. Jesus Christ.
    THIS IS WHAT RUNESCAPE DOES TO KIDS. IT CAUSES THEM TO THINK THAT TYPING lyke th15 1s s00 c0ol.

3. I'm not against runescape, however I believe a lot of things need to be updates / be better.
    4. FlyFF isn't an RPG, its an MMORPG. Theres a difference.
    5. Dungeons and Dragons wasn't the first RPG.

@cman507
    Reported for advertising. Don't feed the troll.

@mysally
    *read cman507*

@everyone
    If you want to waste time, use it for something useful. Save a life. Make your parents happy. Study. Do something that will help you in the future.

@kain222
    Quote Originally Posted by kain222
    IF YOU WORSHIP SATAN PRESS 666.

Okay, the last one wasnt real but you get the jist.
    That just cracked me up.

@Purple Coffing
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Coffing XD
    out of every mmorpg ive played thats wow scions of fate nine drags and so on i believe rune scape has one of the most unique gameplays there is... but.. i recomend nine dragons or scions of fate just some of your normal mmorpgs.... remember always ask players rather than screen shots lol
    "....and so on" means just Runescape.
    If you want a unique gameplay, play Mabinogi or SRO.

@edward_the_master
    If you were forced to download a game, I would pick a better game than Fiesta Online. We're talking about Runescape here; no need to download.

@Scartiger
    If you got scammed, it's your fault.
    The swearing is true though.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Exclamation No Runscape is no worth it

It's boring, and there allot of people there that are jerks I quit playing it years ago. Any one that goes on runescape should stop playing in my own opinion.

said by magicjubin: TYPE OUT YOUR DAMNED WORDS. Jesus Christ.
    THIS IS WHAT RUNESCAPE DOES TO KIDS. IT CAUSES THEM TO THINK THAT TYPING lyke th15 1s s00 c0ol.
    I'd have to agree with you there that is really ridiculous.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 10

I totally agree with the community in runescape is pathetic. I played for 5 years (not 24/7 of course) and I hate how people always type like Pwnzorz u blah blah etc etc.
    Ive always hated that. But in Members its a little bit better. Runescape could be worth it if you have paitence and time but in the end it just gets boring because of the lack of updates.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 11

they told us a while back that they are going to do 2 or 3 updates a month, or 1 or 2 really big ones (like the one coming up with the full screen/new look) and you do need a lot of paitence to play it, but then again, you need a lot of paitence to do anything these days.
    shall we dance friend of my heart?
    we shall little one.

rs name:killbot10000

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Exclamation The answer to your question is simple:

It depends.

Basically, If you like the gameplay runescape has to offer then good for you, You've found a good game. A game doesn't revolve around Graphics, though this is my own opinion really. I personally like Runescape for it's simplicity and ever expanding world.

Though sure, Runescape may not be your cup of tea... so then just don't play it. There is no need to go off on it saying "OMG LOL RUNESCAPE SUX GRAFFICS ARE EVRYTHNG". Just go off to play Maplestory or whatever the other game you play.

And seriously, stop with the friggin >>> spam. It's like you've never saw a emotication before so you use it every chance you get.

K I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of The Lost Empire View Post
    MAI BRAIN CONTROZL MAI AXIONZ.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Cool My idea of runescape

Runescape is not a good game by deffenition (just like Ozzy Osbourne doesnt have a good voice by "deffinition" but i like him anyway) Where was I? Rune scape isn't good. BUT it appeals to newbie MMO-ers because it is 3D(kinda) and is multiplayer. BUT most importantly there is NO DOWNLOADS. So people who dont know about MMORPGs or are affrade to download things love runescape. I HATE runescape.

Ok im done

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 94

I dont think runescape is actually much of a game as i've stated before, more of an introduction, there are free games out there which are better but come with a download - but i hate to admit that runescape will allways have a place in me heart due to the fact it was my first ever mmorpg.

*goes and throws up.*

cant belive i just admitted that =P

Banned Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by kain222 View Post
    I dont think runescape is actually much of a game as i've stated before, more of an introduction, there are free games out there which are better but come with a download - but i hate to admit that runescape will allways have a place in me heart due to the fact it was my first ever mmorpg.

*goes and throws up.*

cant belive i just admitted that =P
    Its a lot of our first game.

-sigh-

runescape.

What killed it for me was the 3K trade limit, and grave stones. my life was trading. so what if someone wanted to overpay?

the Pking didnt matter as much, but still, made me quit. i couldnt handle loosing both features.

anyways, yay, first post.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 43

Runescape's a unique game.. most rpg's/mmorpg's you have to pick a class and stick with that class and cant use anything else, whereas with Runescape you can use what you want when you want.

Theres also a lot more stuff to do on Runescape than on other games, tons of minigames, 100s of quests, 24 skills to train (some of which can be quite fun to level up) theres always something for you to do no matter what your mood is...

I personally like Runescape and have played for 4 years now, yeah getting rid of pking was a big let down, i pked a lot but its not the end of the world theres still a lot to do and you can still do bounty hunter, or if your scared of losing your stuff you can do other minigames like Clan Wars or Fist of Guthix or even Fight Caves.

So on the whole theres a lot to do on Runescape and whether you like it or not it will still be one of the most popular games going and will still be played for as long as it keeps going.

And please dont just say "I'ts not worth it" or "I'ts crap" explain why you dont like it and whats wrong with it..

Quote Originally Posted by Fieren View Post
    Howdy, I'm Fieren, the local pedophile. Share the fun, bring your kids to OnRPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by power_gamer_6 View Post
    I like to abuse mod powers to have other mods admit to messing around with a mod's posts.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 140

Its worth it :3 Trust me. Glad I started playing again, having loads of fun

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 10

It's interesting it's just a little well slow paced?
    Dum Dum Dum

Je veux un MMORPG. ):
    Dommage..

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by xXpsychoXx View Post
    Runescape's a unique game.. most rpg's/mmorpg's you have to pick a class and stick with that class and cant use anything else, whereas with Runescape you can use what you want when you want.
    yes that's true u can be everything but for some ppl it's hard to decide what to train(example me) I'm training archer a bit and it sux in time so want to go back to melee and train there and again sux go mage and again runes are kinda expensive for high magic(if ur f2p). so point is u can't stick to 1 class and train it max and know good/bad thing bout it + if u don't train 1 skill ur combat lvl won't raise like it should. thats why i can't stick to it bcuzz i only like melee and training archer/magician for me is pain in the ***

that is why you train 2 or more skills at once, so you dont get burned out on just one. there are many combos you could try, for example: range, pray, crafting, mining, runecrafting, and then magic. the way you could do this is: range dragons, raise pray with bones, craft hides, mine ess, make runes, and alc the leather things you make, all in all you would be making money and getting xp in multiple things...and i know it would take "forever" but thats the whole point of this game..to do things on your own and get better.
    we shall little one.

I think Runescape is worth the effort for most people. Upwards of 200k people still play it, and a large majority have adjusted to the new trade and graphics updates. It's just like any other mmo, you grind for levels, then you grind for items. If you're saying it's boring because of grinding then you should start playing some fps or rts.

Runescape gets boring at times just like any other mmo, but you learn to get around it. Train multiple skills and don't burn yourself out playing all the time. Just play it whenever you want to as a hobby, it's what I did for 5 years and it's workin out fine
    <3Mike<3
    [Idied4411][Max F2P][Faith]

Red face RE:is runescape worth it?

I think its pretty cool if you have nothing elst to do.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 14

Not every game is for every person.
    No one can tell you really if you will like it or not, there is a free side try it for yourself.

For the maple story and fiesta people, go back to the cartoon games.
    People give rs a hard time about community, and as i have seen, both have just as bad if not worse communities.

Corrections for a few people.

D and D box set release 1976 or 1978 forget which was the first fantasy rpg game.

The person who said no updates, I know does not have a clue since rs updates weekly to bi weekly.

Graphic people, should be please with the new Hd version.

If you like easy games which you lvl or max quickly, then no rs is not for you.
    If you like games that take work to get better at, then give it a try.

Personally have played it a little over 7 years on and off.
    It's relaxing after work.

Yes when you start, people say NOOB.
    When you Max people call you a No-Lifer.
    Guess, Because I'm older, I'm not part of the panty waste generation that crys everytime, or even care what others think.

Post I like Runescape

OK listen up Runescape is a game for someone who has time and to spend on it. its true that the graphics suck but ther graphics are better than 2d games.
    If u are one of the RPGist who are all about graphics then this game is not for you but for a game that has "NO" download this is a very good game. when you first start out its fun and addicting but I will go ahead and tell you the fun will slump. but if you liked the free version and are looking for more of a challenge become a member. 5 bucks a month is not really alot. but if you dont wanna pay then dont play Runescape becuse the free version will keep you ocupid till about lvl 30 possibly lvl 50 but you wont get in to it inless your a member. ther are plenty of quest and wepons and armor. if you want to try it out then i sugest you do but if you find it boring then just quit if you like it be a member for a month and find out all the stuff you can do as one. now if you do play and need help with something just add me im allways glad to help my user name is "the rapchure". have fun and for the sake of newbies dont ask for everything.

It sucked away 2 years of my social life that took me a whole year to rebuild. Not to mention I got scammed about 15 times within that period, one being a password scam.

Only stupid and retarted ppl get scammed, but beside that the game got me in quickly and iv only been playing 3 days (my 3rd day) and b4 i used to say oo Runescape is gay etc etc lol.. So ironic.

Good game though.
    Currently Playing
    Runescape: IGN- Rales10 <Active> Finaly a Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TWW View Post
    Yes when you start, people say NOOB.
    When you Max people call you a No-Lifer.
    Guess, Because I'm older, I'm not part of the panty waste generation that crys everytime, or even care what others think.
    Quoted for truth my friend. We should never concern ourselves with what strangers think.

Please click my signature , all roleplayers are invited to join.

Question

I did like the game,but I got bored because I waited a long time before sth new appeared,and yes you can get hacked easier I might say than in other mmorpg's ,well every game is worth until you get to a point where nothing new comes up,so my opinion is that this game might impress you till' you get to let's say 30 lvl(free acount) and maybe 70-80 lvl member account after that you won't play it anymore
    "Be confident in yourself and don't regard bad opinions in their negative aspect,but be ambitious and try to surpass your weakness"

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 26

I'll give the opener a gift of two words...Hell No.

i like how TWW puts it. makes me happy to see someone sicking up for rs, its not as bad as everyone thinks..sure it has flaws, but for someone whos been playing it for about 6 years (not around the clock, i dont even have a 99 yet lol *getting close tho*) its just something close to home, at this point i have about 22 friends that i talk to nearly everyday, i know what they look like and where they live, we've all talked to each other, we know each other like family, and to do that on this game is hard. but its worked because we've all worked for it, and thats what the game is all about..working for what you get*which is why i like to report many a person doing something like autoing or scaming*. its gotten much better looking then back in the day when the only arm movement you had was a quick glitchy back and forth when you walked, and a slight twitch when you hit something, now its a lot better and i think ill be playing a little now and then for years to come (and for those who think there something smart, let me tell you something, i have a job, i have friends i hang out with on a regular basis, im going to school right now to be a cop, and i have a wonderful girlfriend, so dont even start with the "you must be some fat kid with no life* crap i hear all the time..

anyways, thanks for reading such a long post.
    we shall little one.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

Its ok if u need too pass sometime waiting for something else too come out