how much mp + per AP increase?

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Default how much mp + per AP increase?

here's my story.. i maxed out Improving Max MP increase last in my first job, so i'm below the average MP a mage should have. I was thinking if using one level's AP for increasing MP would be worth it, but i'm not sure how much mp it'll add. I'm thinking a percent of your mp is added, and i don't want to risk trying. Help and suggestions please, thanks!

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ASIANPRIDE
    here's my story.. i maxed out Improving Max MP increase last in my first job, so i'm below the average MP a mage should have. I was thinking if using one level's AP for increasing MP would be worth it, but i'm not sure how much mp it'll add. I'm thinking a percent of your mp is added, and i don't want to risk trying. Help and suggestions please, thanks!
    dont do that. just add 4 AP into INT and 1 AP into LUK. increasing INT increases mp too. and it also affects a magician in anyway that you can think of. maxing Improving Max MP last in your first job isnt gonna affect you much, youre probably shortchange of about 100-150 mp to those who maxed it out first. just use pots. :eek:
    ibrokeaplate. |:

andrefelicia
    Star Member

inspired by xChrome, i made my first ever sig with paint too. click for my magician/cleric guide

Quote Originally Posted by andrefelicia
    i don't fancy grinding for level, i just wanna sit around and have some fun.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Don't raise MP.
    You may be 200 MP short, but by level 50, wizards have like 3000mp, and 3000mp or 3200mp isn't a huge difference.

Furthermore, what does bigger maxMP does anyways?
    It gives you is:
    ability to drink bigger potions - nothing important
    you get more MP while afk - nothing important

By level 50 your MP is more than 4* your HP, so MP ceases to be the limiting factor in surviving 1 hit knock outs.

So, better max MP is _almost_ irrelevant, and it's certainly not worth sacrificing your attack power.
    23% of people have made up statistics in their signatures. If you want to be one of them, copy-paste this into yours.

I'm moving to Sleepywood.net forums, see you there.

Banned Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by YarpsDat
    Don't raise MP.
    You may be 200 MP short, but by level 50, wizards have like 3000mp, and 3000mp or 3200mp isn't a huge difference.

Furthermore, what does bigger maxMP does anyways?
    It gives you is:
    ability to drink bigger potions - nothing important
    you get more MP while afk - nothing important

By level 50 your MP is more than 4* your HP, so MP ceases to be the limiting factor in surviving 1 hit knock outs.

So, better max MP is _almost_ irrelevant, and it's certainly not worth sacrificing your attack power.
    im at level 60 and i have barely over 3200 mp >.>

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 11

Putting AP points into MP is dumb as hell. Don't do it. If anything, you might want to start over. Course, it's not all that important, but I could hurt you later in the late 6X's. This is because you'll start using Elixers, which heal 50% of your MP so you won't get as much per pot. Granted though, regardless of your mp, it will still take two of em to fill it up, so it might not matter anyways.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by magicjubin
    im at level 60 and i have barely over 3200 mp >.>
    At level 50 I had precisely 2921 MP.
    At level 53 I have 3117MP (and 677HP)

Weird. Perhaps I got more, because I was using low-LUK(not LUK-less, just low) build till level 40.
    23% of people have made up statistics in their signatures. If you want to be one of them, copy-paste this into yours.

I'm moving to Sleepywood.net forums, see you there.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Thumbs up help

you should max max mp as asap (if you didnt) or you could start adding sp into ur mp but that is not a good idea because ur sp is for ur int and luk. go on www.greatmaplestorytips7.piczo.com for the build.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by andrre
    dont do that. just add 4 AP into INT and 1 AP into LUK. increasing INT increases mp too. and it also affects a magician in anyway that you can think of. maxing Improving Max MP last in your first job isnt gonna affect you much, youre probably shortchange of about 100-150 mp to those who maxed it out first. just use pots. :eek:
    Is there any proof that increasing INT increase MP? Because I've read that it doesn't matter how much int you have, which is why people say that rolling stats for mage is STR:4, DEX:4, LUK:X, and INT:X... no one ever said anything that INT > LUK when you roll stats ...

Banned Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by YarpsDat
    At level 50 I had precisely 2921 MP.
    At level 53 I have 3117MP (and 677HP)

Weird. Perhaps I got more, because I was using low-LUK(not LUK-less, just low) build till level 40.
    its proven that luk-less mages have 10-20% more mp.
    but then again, if i wore all my equips that give mp i have over 3600
    also by next level i would have new gloves and shoes that give me mp (i mstill using the dark noel)