Aww man...

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 38

Default Aww man...

I always wanted to play Guild Wars, and now that I can finally buy it i don't think its a good idea . My friend bought factions when it came out and he described it to me, and the way he described it I don't think its all that good . I was just wondering if the following things are true..

You can only lvl in campaining.

You can't see other people when you are doing a quest, but you can only see them in the town.

When on PK map you start at lvl 20.

!! Glavus !!

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

You can level in missions as well as while wondering around the maps.
    However you WON'T meet other people while wondering around. Only those that are in your party get to go along with you.
    In towns, however, you DO see everyone (duh, otherwise you wouldn't even meet any people ).
    And you can choose to play PVE (Player VS Enviroment) or PVP (Player VS Player) when creating a character. When choosing PVE you can unlock lots of skills, get good equipment, but you start as level 1 and have to level up by killing stuff, doing quests or doing missions.
    A PVP character however starts at level 20 but it is limited to using the skills you've unlocked in PVE, using default equipment and ONLY fighting other people (Hence; PVP), unable to do quests or missions or anything else but fight people.

This being said, GW is worth buying. It's strange at first, not meeting people when running across fields but seeing plenty in towns. But you do get used to that and once you're into the whole PVP-scene, you'll find yourself hooked. So it is worth the money if you're willing to put time in it to become used to it and getting good stuff.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 38

Oooo I see, he never told me about the PvE , I guess I'll give it a try. Thx for the help.

!! Glavus !!

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

just a tip:

dont overplay - the game can be serverly boring if you do.
    i just cant seem to escape it :l
    well if you do get it you can add em if you like
    Calsalis of Salabir