Hyrule Online!

Hybrid View

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Hyrule Online!

Game Name: Hyrule Online

Game Description: Hyrule Online is a pretty unknown ORPG that needs more heroes! The vast lands of Hyrule needs your help! Raid Temple's and slay different mob's throughout the world of HYRULE. Homeland of princess Zelda! FOR FANS BY FANS! Download open beta now while its fresh! This is a COMPLETLY FREE GAME!

Platforms: PC

Genre: 2D MMORPG

Forums
    Last edited by Reezan; 02-21-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 11

Nice, but I hate to reign on your parade. Nintendo has been know to make federal cases out of these types of MMORPG. I remember a while back there was another Zelda Mmorpg that was shutdown due to Nintendo's threats.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

oo i love zelda, will have to check this out.

This game has a little potential but it will NEVER be worth your time.

It is run by a clique that consists of the creator and a few friends.

There are two very different sets of rules and if you are one of the have-nots, you will NEVER be able to do much there aside from getting killed by other players and getting banned by the admins and mods when you get the best of them.

On top of that, the server that it is on is constantly crashing and it is almost impossible to log in for days at a time.

I don't recommend this game to anyone who is very serious about playing games on line unless they can start playing a fair game and get some better servers.

Default ouch

Woah there James dean, who pissesd in your cherios from that game eh?
    the game has been in development for quite some time and has undergone some DRASTIC changes recently.
    i'm quite sure you would love to know
    the server doesn't crash anymore, if only for a few seconds
    banning is a very rare occurance, nobody has been banned for months
    we have removed and added several members to the staff
    we've released several updates and new areas, temples, fetures, gui changes and tweaks, etc etc.
    i'd encourage people to actually go play this game
    and if you are let down by the appearance then trust me...we have big things in store for the future.
    right now we have a pretty large community and we are making the game better for those people before we start on a new project.
    all i can say is it's gonna be big and amazing.

EDIT: i just realized that there is something posted about this TWICE on this forum, i didn't realize that.
    i was just googling for stuff about our game and updating the posts. I apologize for what might seem like harrassment, annoying, and noobish behavior lol.
    Last edited by baltes; 11-23-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of games that are made using the Total Eclipse MMORPG maker, they're often very basic unless you know how to use Sadscript, and even then they're not that interesting. I've also toyed around with the engine and made a very small RPG to test with my friends to see if we could have some fun with it, but there is no way to change the gridlike movement so we decided game maker would be a far better engine.

The TE engine is simply for those who are too lazy to set up a network script themselves and don't want to go to all the trouble of setting player variables.

I'll still take a look at the game though so I can give it a better rating...