Runescape: It's a good game...trust me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

i personally think that RS is pretty good. my only complaints are with the limitations for non members. Yes, the community is annoying, but alot of communities are. The game itself is fun, and yes it does pass the time, and i actually enjoy it. i think i might favor it more because its the first MMO that i was actually able to play on this low spec computer. i get that the community is immature, but it doesn't bother me. i don't really play for the community, but actually meeting someone reasonable in game is more of a treat because of the way the majority is, i think.
    there are better looking and better (depending on opinion) games out there, but theres nothing really terribly wrong with RS. Its a choice within many other games.

For those who are interested rs is still one of the better games. out of my experience most people have slow computers. meaning the downloaded games take a day or two just to download. for those who have slow computers runescape is the best game you will find that will run fine on your computer.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 12

i played runescape when i was 8. thats a while ago man.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

its a quiet a good game, and pretty addicting tho ... i wouldve continued playing if i didnt get hacked ... even tho the graphics arent that good, but its pretty good for a browers java based game ... but there alot better games out there ...

some ppl prefer WoW or other games over runescape, while others prefer runescape over WoW .... soo its a matter of taste ... soo stop spamming/flaming this game .... its getting quiet annoying, rly ...

Playing:
    Runes Of Magic - ign pedorogue

Played:
    Warrock - MapleStory - World Of Warcraft - LastChaos - Gunbound - Rakion - Gunz - Talisman - Shaiya - Trickester - Dreams Of Mirror Online - Runescape - Ragnork - SilkRoad - Inifinty - Exteel - Fiesta - FlyFF - Knight Online - Kal Online - Conquer Online - 2moons

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 9

Runescape is a very good game actually. Very deep gameplay as far as skills go and what not. People just either make opinions off what other people say and never even try the game for themselves, or just completely hate because of the community or graphics, but what can you expect? It's browser based, amirite? Of course I am.

I started playing in like 7th grade or something on and off. I don't play anymore because I play WoW now, but that game is slowly becoming boring.. very fast.

So who knows? I might give java a chance to be useful today.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Default i think rs a great game

yea when u start out u cant do much but after u lv ur stats u can do alot of different stuff clan wars is kinda fun on there get few of ur friends and own higher lvs i think its a blast
    Currently playing Tera Online, League Of Legends and Smite. Got any advice? Need a gaming buddy? Send me a message.

Looking Forward To - Phantasy Star Online 2 But I have lost hope for the localization.

runescape was kinda fun for like a week or so. then it gets quite slow and boring. community is filled with 8 yr old kids, graphics really start to hurt your eyes and the music is very average.

oh and there are like an abundance of better 3d mmorpgs out there. you just need to look harder.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Runescape died with the 3D engine. Well it wasn't with the 3D engine, it was just everything which came around that time period. Rune armor/weapons actually used to cost hundreds of thousands of gold, money was difficult to get (old mining system anyone?), and the community wasn't horrible.

Now if you play it, level doesn't matter, its whether your running around in clothing which cost you tens or hundreds of millions of gold. Questing has no point and if your a non-member you'll spend 95% of your time grinding for money, which is far too easy to get so prices just keep ramping up. Besides this, the community is one of the worst I've ever played.

I played Runescape as a child, and almost everybody I talked to was around my age, rarely passing 14. Also, if someone has the funds to pay $5 a month for a membership, which really isn't worth it imo, why couldn't they pay an extra $5 for a newer, more popular, and probably better MMO?
    Everyone thinks they're a genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Marineking
    (Link Removed - MK)
    This is why we can't have nice things.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

Quote Originally Posted by ReapЭr View Post
    Also, if someone has the funds to pay $5 a month for a membership, which really isn't worth it imo, why couldn't they pay an extra $5 for a newer, more popular, and probably better MMO?
    well because newer mmo's are 15 bucks lol

Here's a question that's kind of off subject, but not really:

Do you think people would give a lot less stick to Runescape if they overhauled the graphics?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast