109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

56 51.38%
  • No

40 36.70%
  • If you are gonna stay im staying

13 11.93%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will YOU keep playing Rohan when OB?

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 26

geez, think twice before insulting. I have this faint belief that i have been in more beta's than you. Meanwhile, this is the second CBT phase. The commong way of things says that it is only logical that fundamental issues are handles first. the performance is rather fundamental for all i know.

if i'm stuck at 60 fps with on an quite-above-average-machine then i will call it "below standards" yes, it's my good right to do so.

Graphicwise, do you want me to make a comparison screenshot of SRO and Rohan at highest detail? send me an image of rohan maxed and i'll make one of SRO and place it next to it, you'll notice soon enough ...

concerning guild wars, likely i subtily Tried to mention "if f2p is taken in the broader sense", but hell why read that, right?

As for the unique skills. You "blame" me for not knowing how MMO's work. How many mmo's have you actually played so far? a skill like turning MP into HP is above all nothing remarkable. While not all games have that skill, there sure are a lot that do. The same goes for most of the skills.
    I'll be honest, i think some people here are leaning to the concept of "wishful thinking" concerning Rohan. It's easily compared to World of Warcraft, where wishful thinking is taken to the next level. SO many people have the illusion it's unique that they actually start believing it is, while in reality, the core game has been around for ages before.
    The same with Rohan, i reckon some people want to believe it's unique, but trust me, in the end, it's the same thing all over again, just dressed up "diffirently"

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 28

Yeah but they're increasing the graphics

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by Exeunt View Post
    Yeah but they're increasing the graphics
    True

From what I have read, researched, and compared the global client up-to-date with the JP client. I think there are 3 huge add-ons (episodes, chapters, or whatever) that the global client still needs. One of those add-ons included an improvement in graphics.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by neothaka View Post
    geez, think twice before insulting. I have this faint belief that i have been in more beta's than you. Meanwhile, this is the second CBT phase. The commong way of things says that it is only logical that fundamental issues are handles first. the performance is rather fundamental for all i know.

if i'm stuck at 60 fps with on an quite-above-average-machine then i will call it "below standards" yes, it's my good right to do so.

Graphicwise, do you want me to make a comparison screenshot of SRO and Rohan at highest detail? send me an image of rohan maxed and i'll make one of SRO and place it next to it, you'll notice soon enough ...

concerning guild wars, likely i subtily Tried to mention "if f2p is taken in the broader sense", but hell why read that, right?

As for the unique skills. You "blame" me for not knowing how MMO's work. How many mmo's have you actually played so far? a skill like turning MP into HP is above all nothing remarkable. While not all games have that skill, there sure are a lot that do. The same goes for most of the skills.
    I'll be honest, i think some people here are leaning to the concept of "wishful thinking" concerning Rohan. It's easily compared to World of Warcraft, where wishful thinking is taken to the next level. SO many people have the illusion it's unique that they actually start believing it is, while in reality, the core game has been around for ages before.
    The same with Rohan, i reckon some people want to believe it's unique, but trust me, in the end, it's the same thing all over again, just dressed up "diffirently"
    I don't know why you assume you have been in more betas than me. Maybe cause of my post count at ONRPG?
    I've even been in alphas of p2p games as a news writer for well known mmo sites, but heck why ask when you can assume, ain't I right?

Also, yes I know it's CB2, but it's still a CB. They are working on issues, but you can hardly expect them to solve everything right on the spot. Some issues are caused by ZoneAlarm firewalls, so it's not like the only thing they have to work on are interior bugs.. it's also about compability, which takes some time. Patience is a virtue.

Moreover I like Rohan's graphics because they suit the game and the world, including the character, looks harmonious to me. Remember Everquest 2? People have been praising that game for it's graphics and the fact that you could easily put the settings to a point where even the newest machine explodes (at that time). As for me, I never liked the "feel".. the characters looked too plastic and they didn't fit in the world, but that was just my taste I guess. I'm not going to discuss tastes.. and I doubt you want to either.

Concerning "looked like crap": This refers to the game as whole, not to the graphics per se.

I played so many MMO's that I start to forget some of their names.. believe me, I might only be 21 years old, but I started young.
    However, I agree with you in that Rohan is comparable to World of Warcraft. Nonetheless, things like the revenge-system (warp to people that killed you by finding them on a 'hit list', etc.) is an innovation I enjoy. Don't forget that Rohan is f2p, WoW is not. I realize the cash shop is their moneymaker, but that goes for all f2p games. If you can't stand those, don't touch f2p.
    And yes, I don't count GW into f2p, not even in a broader sense. A game is either f2p meaning it does not force you to pay a single coin of real life money, or it's not.

I am not saying Rohan is totally unique, I'm saying it might just be one of the best f2p games out there, especially for people who enjoy PvP.

Temp-Banned Reputation: 9

after that huge boring statement, u still dont see how boring pvp in rohan is.
    If u wanna play it, do as you wish. Dont cry if u get pwned from somone who is 20 lvl deeper and has cashhop items on him. Remember even a lvl 10 can wear lvl 40 armor. And if the avengers get the lvl requirement buff u will see alot of nerds running around in high lvl armor.
    like your statment says: ive played plenty of mmorpgs and im 21 and i know alot bla bla bla
    , and i tested alpha and pre alpha bla bla bla, who CARES?. Some ppl play and some REALIZE. u my dear, are a pathetic dreamer.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by makiii View Post
    If u wanna play it, do as you wish. Dont cry if u get pwned from somone who is 20 lvl deeper and has cashhop items on him. Remember even a lvl 10 can wear lvl 40 armor. And if the avengers get the lvl requirement buff u will see alot of nerds running around in high lvl armor.
    like your statment says: ive played plenty of mmorpgs and im 21 and i know alot bla bla bla
    , and i tested alpha and pre alpha bla bla bla, who CARES?. Some ppl play and some REALIZE. u my dear, are a pathetic dreamer.
    So your saying that the game is fully based on equipments?

Then how about the stats -.-

Currently Playing:
    -Aeronauts-
    -DOTA (WCIII)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambienc3 View Post
    So your saying that the game is fully based on equipments?

Then how about the stats -.-
    His assumption is false. The stats increase your abilities more than the gear you use. Only one variable applies, deleveled gear.

I can see a lvl 30 gear used by lv 10 player being an huge influence.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 30

i played both, jp and eng wersion, and well i found that jp is more fun to play since u dont neeed to woru much about money, and didnt saw anything that was disbalanced there, but in eng ...c'mon, they made it another grind game for ewerithing. and as i see item mall hawe way to much owerpowering items to ofer ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drakas View Post
    i played both, jp and eng wersion, and well i found that jp is more fun to play since u dont neeed to woru much about money, and didnt saw anything that was disbalanced there, but in eng ...c'mon, they made it another grind game for ewerithing. and as i see item mall hawe way to much owerpowering items to ofer ...
    ummmmm what? Half of that was understandable.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 36

I understood it

stop wasting our time with your nonsense.
    And get the facts right before you start your BS. Avengers will never be able to buff up their level. That's what Predators do.
    Also: It's not only the enemy who can delevel equipment. I can, too.

Now go back to your corner.

Quote Originally Posted by banano View Post
    And get the facts right before you start your BS. Avengers will never be able to buff up their level. That's what Predators do.

Look back a few pages, you will notice that this person and one from the main site's forum is whining about the same thing. I am assuming that these two people are in the same.

Both have personal grudges, and no real opinion based on experience.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Drakas View Post
    eventhough i don't like the current state of CBT, it is however, quite normal that atm, the game doesn't represent the wanted end result. Content goes gradually. it's understandable that atm it's a grinder, as after all, there is no use in adding content while there are still severe issues present in the game.

CBT's aren't end results per default to begin with.

Atm, it's a grinder yes. i personally haven't played the JP version or any other version for that matter, but as cyber7 already hinted, there are supposed to be additional content updates on the way for the global client that will be applied One day ..

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

Banned Reputation: 28

Second beta now right? When is OB?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuxey View Post
    CB2 ends today. No one knows when OB starts, there haven't been any announcements yet.. My guesstimate would be 2 to 3 weeks.. who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Fuxey View Post
    Second beta ends sometime today. I am assuming 9PM pacific time.

No real date on start of Open Beta.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

i had/have a lvl 43 healer.
    all i can say is **** this game!
    its not the lag its not the graphic
    ITS THE WHOLE SYSTEM!
    **** THE FISHING
    **** THE ITEM UPGRADE
    **** THE MOST BORING PVP I EVER EXPERIENCED/u do like 200dmg compared to mobs 1500. they downgraded dmg so much that u CANT kill anyone in 1vs1.
    **** THE TEAMPLAY
    **** THE ENDLESS GRINDING
    **** THE ITEM MALL THAT UNBALANCE GAMEPLAY/itemmal items give u bonus stats or there are scrolls that u can use to reflect stund/root, WTF???
    **** ROHAN THAT SHIT GAME!
    Funny -- this guy gets flamed on the Rohan forums for being a troll, so he comes here and does the same thing. Pitiful.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by banano View Post

I think he's talking about the buff where they level 2x faster

No he's not. Read the line again:
    "And if the avengers get the lvl requirement buff u will see alot of nerds running around in high lvl armor."

Doesn't matter though, as he's just a crybaby.. he lost some virtual items after days of hardcore grinding and is now flaming the game

Smile This game is awesome

Of course I'll play again. I can't wait for Open Beta. I think the graphics are one of the best I've seen in many MMORPGs out there right now. Plus I like the "hitlist" which seperates it from other games.

And from the forums, seems like the GMS are really listening to the gamers, and are trying to fix any bugs reported from CB1 and CB2.

I dont undesterstand why people complain during CB testing. That's the point of having CBs, so that we can find out any problems and they can fix the problems before Open Beta. Duh!

Anyway, my expectations are high for this game, and so far so good!

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 60

How much dmg do you do with the hp sacrificing skill for the dekans?If you were to use a all vit build?

Thumbs up I will play

Of course I'll play. For a F2P game, I couldn't ask for more. Plus, it's already building quite the community, their own forum is bustling with activities. I know it'll be a lot more fun once it goes OB, they fix some of the glitches and we actually REALLY get to play. Looking forward to the Township Battles!

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 27

You even ask My answer is definetely of course. I am playing OB when it comes. :3 My build sucked with ĹElf, didn't enjoy much. Second character I tried was Dekan and it was much better and enjoyed playing 1 to 16, even my build was not perfect (only 1 point in a wrong place).

The game needs social skillz to get in great parties for best enjoying and non-stop-grind. You can not spam potions, 60 seconds consume.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Everyone,

I have yet to actually play in any of the game, as I forgot my Rohan username and things of that nature. I have been looking forward to this game and wanting to play it for some odd months now. So I hope that everything in the Second CB is going pretty smoothly and an OB could be soon.

Sincerely,
    Ancestrial

IGN's:
    Rohan : Akhma Server - Human - Taichu [ Level 16 at the moment. ]
    World of Kung Fu - Tsukai [ Level 17 at the moment. ]
    PLEASE click this I already had two other ones die. So I am depending on you.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 36

It's not. There's too many ****ing gameguard \ disconnect errors.