Complete Listing of Chaos & Order Skills (All Classes)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 57

Default Chaos and Order Skills: Animation, Information, and Opinionare

Well they finally released the Chaos and Order Forces in the Malaysian version of ghost online (or they may have done it a while ago, I only checked recently), so I thought I would might as well share. In the future, information about these skills can be posted, such as usefullness of Chaos vs Order skills of the same level, MP usage, etc etc. But for now we'll just leave it at the basics. So without further ado, I present to you, leet skillz!

What it takes to choose a Force

- You must be level 40 in order to pick your Force -
    1. Look for NPC Helen (force of Order, in Sentosa Gate S.) or Edwin (force of Chaos, in Sentosa Gate N.).
    2. Accept the mission assigned by NPC.
    3. Collect 30 CurryGSeng and submit it to Ayer Hitam City Doctor.
    4. You will obtain a recommendation from the doctor.
    5. Go back to Helen or Edwin to complete the mission.

Ok, sorry for the digression, but NOW I present to you, leet skillz!

*Update: Animations for all skills are here!
    **Update: Opinionaire (by me) on each skill is here!
    ***Update: Job change instructions fixed. Missing skill from Ninja skill list added.

Warrior

Moon Slash - I know what you're all thinking as soon as you see this skill. Those 2 words you're thinking of are GETSUGA TENSHOUUUUU!!!! And you're probably right, this skill is just like a getsuga tenshou that has been pancakized into 2D format. Most likely a very powerful skill, and definitely a very effective frontal AoE.

Illusion - The blade wielding warrior's version of "Getsuga Tenshou". It doesn't look very impressive, but it would definitely improve on the blade warrior's original lack of usefull AoE skills. If you're tired of getting bashed around by mobs then I would suggest going Order with a blade warrior, especially because of their next skill.

Sword Energy - The beefed up version of Getsu-- I mean Moon Slash. Very pretty, a nice shiny red sword pokes out of the ground and BAM! A combo consisting of Dragon Strike -> (Moon Slash -> Sword Energy -> Double Slash) would probably be a very effective method of training (the area in parenthesis is where you want to repeat. Dragon Strike is just to pick up long range agro).

Flying Saber - This skill more than makes up for a blade warrior's, for a lack of better term, crap AoE. Quite obviously hitting both in front and behind, this is a good skill for when you're stuck in a pinch of large mobs, or if you would like to agro mobs that are behind you.

Beastial Roar - Not too much to say about this skill. If anyone is thinking Maple Story, give me your IGN and I will personally poop all over your character. Pretty much it blows up a very large area and can 1-shot monsters at who knows how much of a %.

As for the buff skill that there is no animation for, a longer lasting rage is ehhhh ok, but it isn't that great. For one, if you picked up the level 40 rage skill that turns you into a, dare I say it? Super Saiyan....3? It is 3 right? Your choice I guess. But on a more serious note, it isn't a very usefull buff unless you DON'T learn the level 40 rage. Your starting rage coupled with your lv 83+ skill will definitely outdamage the power of your "super saiyan", which is NOT allowed to use skills. Of course, this is just my opinion. Go super saiyan if you want.

Vampiric Sword - Well the name pretty much gives it away. You stab (what seems to be a frontal AoE, if it's not AoE then you're screwed) and suck HP from whatever you stab. This would be very usefull, however it is very questionable as to how much damage this skill would deal (since it has the HP drain effect, there is no way it could be stronger than Moon Slash without being a single target skill), how much the HP drain rate is (Even if it was 1% more drain a level, it would still be 20% drain at level 20 which is quite a lot), and how often your HP drain even works (Note, upon a successful attack). A very questionable skill that definitely needs some testing.

Raging Sword - This skill seems to stick true to the blade warrior's style of hitting a small amount of monsters for a zoh my god amount of damage. The max HP and SP drain also seems to be a very VERY awesome ability. Even if this skill is weaker than Illusion, its Order counterpart, the fact that it reduces max HP and SP (once again, assume the minimum of 1% a level would make it 20% on both HP and SP reduction) totally makes up for the damage. By the time you even get to the level required for this skill, mobs should have something like 50-100k HP. Take 20% of that out and that's a lot of damage. This skill would also probably be very awesome on bosses (If skill effects apply on them) and most definitely PvP. Not to mention that sword is just too damn shiny to not be had!

A second look: The skill description could be deceiving. Reducing HP and SP could simply mean that it owns their health and their mana at the same time, but not in the form of a maximum reduction. Still useful for PvP regardless, and it's still damn shiny regardless as well.

Sky Breaker - Note: The icon with this skill and the one below it got flipped. Not my fault. A pretty good skill. You pretty much make a big, fat tornado around you with your sword and hits in front and behind. The only problem is, is this skill weaker than Sword Energy due to its fullness of range? If you have ever played a sword warrior, you would know how uberly hax your Double Slash skill is. I mean christ, not even a meteor crashing down on your head hurts you while you're casting double slash. With a skill like double slash that lets you easily weave left and right and left and right between mobs, you don't need a full AoE skill like sky breaker. If you want to collect mobs, shoot a dragon strike to your left, moon slash to your right, jump over one of the packs of monsters, zap them with sword energy to condense the mob, and then double slash the living hell out of them. I personally say doing that is much better than this skill.

Mail Breaker - I wouldn't call this a very pretty skill animation wise, but its effects are pretty good. Based on the size of those red waves, its a pretty decent sized frontal AoE that would compensate for the more than likely lacking AoE of Raging Slash. It's not pretty, but its effective.

Dark Pulse - You know, I always thought that it should be the dark side that has the ability to one shot stuff, not stun stuff. Oh well I guess? It's just the same as beastial roar, just that it has a stun effect slapped onto it instead of a 1-shot win. Probably better for bosses (if they can be stunned) and would be a little more idealistic for training since stun probably happens at a much higher rate than instant wtf pwnage.

As for the SP increasing skill, useless. Utterly useless. Unless of course you enjoy wasting SP potions, I wouldn't bother even learning this skill.

Assassin

Shockwave - The power of this skill is highly questionable. I always have a problem with double sided AoE skills since they usually slice out a bit of damage to compensate for the added range. Though as a claw assassin, especially a pure DEX one, it wouldn't hurt to keep mobs off of you. An effective combo in a sandwich type scenario when you're stuck between 2 sides of mobs would be Shockwave -> Dash strike on one side -> upper cut -> repeat. Once you own one side of the mob, you can work on dash striking the other half. If possible, leave out upper cut all together since the mobs behind you might catch up before the next shockwave.

Lightning Strike - This skill has some pretty nice range. It pretty seems like it's a penetrator going in about a 75 degree radius. Very good for catching mobs on other platforms that can't touch you, and even better for killing those lord bosses that float all over the maps. Doesn't look impressive, but its bound to pack a punch.

Claw of Panther - This skill makes me thirsty. I cannot help but think about Gatorade whenever I see this skill go off. Is it in you? NO, it's not, so GTFO and let me type. Anyways, besides making me thirsty, this skill doesn't seem to be a hard hitter. Of course, it would definitely make an effective combo mixed with shockwave and dash strike, but the damage is questionable. Also, panther claw seems to put you right in the face of the mobs, which is a big boo boo for pure DEX assassins.

Explosion - You pretty much throw a bomb into the middle of a collection of monsters and watch the fireworks. If it's a bomb, it better be one hell of a strong one. The lob attack lets you keep a good distance away from monsters. I doubt that the bomb itself hurts anything before it explodes though.

Illusive Reflect - Both order and chaos have the same type of skill, so there really isn't much to say besides you take less damage and poop the rest back at everyone else. This would be a wonder for pure DEX assassins, since now they can take the godly damage they receive and throw it right back at the monster.

The skill that isn't animated here is basically a super version of Detoxify. Besides stun, I can't think of any other status ailments that could make you want to really use this skill, and even stun can be avoided if you're smart. Depending on effects that higher up mobs dish out on you, this skill could be useless, or a godsend. I'm leaning more on the useless side. If you're a glove assassin then you better not be getting stunned by any melee mobs.

Sonic Claw - It looks alot like double slash for sword warriors, only now its triple slash for claw assassins. I predict the infamous invicible during cast effect (if not, you're screwed) which would make this skill infinitely usefull. If you're pure dex, you can almost altogether stop worrying about taking damage, because if you're using this skill you won't even feel that giant sword going up your trousers.

Berserk Shot - All around AoE for glove assassins has arrived! Personally I would say that an all around skill for a ranged class such as glove assassins and wizards is quite effective. The main thing you want to do is keep monsters away from you, especially if you want to keep that pure DEX build going. A good skill IMO. Since glove assassins dont' have any temporary invincibilty skills like double slash to get them through and between mobs, they have to settle for complete AoE.

Raging Claw - I'm sorry but I'm going to say it. Ima firin' mah lazhor, PEW PEW PEW!! Alright, all better. Anyways, this is a very VERY good skill for claw assassins. Why? YOU GET RANGED DAMAGE YOU NUT! This skill is pretty much taking sword thrust and giving it an overdose of steroids. Coupled with dragon strike, it is definitely a good mob collector and condenser.

Thunder Shot - No different than the Order version of the skill really.

Dark Reflect - If you need an explanation for this one then I'm going to assassinate you with my left pinky finger.

As for the buff skill not animated above, I don't need to explain that either. You get super strong, and your defense goes down, but with invincibility from Sonic claw, the range of Raging claw, and the natural Can't Touch This of a glove assassin, who NEEDS defense anyways? If you're an assassin, I would love to say this right away. GO CHAOS OR I'LL ASSASSINATE YOU WITH BOTH MY PINKY FINGERS!!

Magician (Taoist)

Frost Shock - I've never been good with wizards, but I'll keep chugging along. This seems like more of a blade warrior style skill. Minimal AoE but with OMG amounts of damage. Being ice, it probably freezes as well. Hurray for popsickles!

Double Thunder - Probably a better or similar attack as the one above it. Being called "double thunder", I would have to say its target range might be limited to just 2 monsters. Since it has no freeze effect, it will probably be stronger.

Blizzard - A defensive skill. It probably repels mobs that pinch you in while dealing an estimated better than your noob skills damage.

Raging Typhoon - The more offensive version of the skill above. Coupled with frost shock, these two skills could make you immortal. You freeze the leading mobs then blow the rest away. Rince and repeat.

Star Gate - Again, say Maple Story and my sword is going up your ass.

Judgement Charm - Not sure what the game designers were smoking with this one. It seems a lot like the raging typhoon skill, only now it should be stronger and available to both staff and fan wielders.

As for the holy light stun skill, stun would probably vastly help in a wizard's survival. With the lowest defense in the game, you're going to want to have lots of stun, freeze, and blow u away skills.

Dark Storm - Well so much for raging typhoon, Dark Storm seems to have that covered 12 levels ahead of their Order counter parts. I imagine it to be just like raging typhoon, but probably weaker due to its level of aquiring.

Flame of Sky - That x3 means that you shoot 3 meteors at the same time. It’s pretty much like the meteor version of the skill “frozen land”. Probably a very high DPS skill.

Darkzone - Is it just me or does that guy have Byakuya's hair style? Anyways that skill seems to be on par with Flame of Sky in the sense that it has a more contained frontal AoE. The blind status would probably save you some life, but it isn't as effective as say, a stun or freeze skill.

Poison Ivy - Dominating. This skill, by name interpretation, most likely poisons enemies while reaching out to a humungous amount of range. Throw this together with dark storm and you're set.

Dark Portal - Don't waste my time...I'm warning you!

Dark Flame - Destructive. Compared to that seal, this definitely seems like an improvement. As I said before somewhere up there, it is better for a ranged class to have front and back AoE skills to keep them out of harm's reach. And once again, without invincibility skills such as double slash, you're out of luck there as well.

As for the stun skill, same as your order counter parts. You might end up relying on the stun skill a lot more as a Chaos wizard since your skills don't seem like they have any naturn stun or freeze prowess on them.

**For the blackmage skill, Poison Ivy, I believe the weapon should be "Staff" not "Saber". Typo by the Malaysia guys.
    Last edited by Duo; 05-30-2008 at 02:13 AM.

Slogan created by Kai and Me

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10

Nice list!

Lawl, all views no posts. I thought people would have stuff to say about these skills but I guess not >.>

Maybe i'll just take them down until the usa version comes out and then people actually care.

The ghost website has been updated. I'll consider putting them back up soon.
    Last edited by Duo; 04-21-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Put the skills back up, and I guess you can count this as a bump post.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Good but really long listing, I have come to know few of new things.

Quote Originally Posted by seemecelinna View Post
    Good but really long listing, I have come to know few of new things.
    Well, better long than incomplete. A personal thing of mine, if I'm going to do something then I might as well just do it right the first time.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 6

KEWL just what i wanted thx although could it hurt to put the skill name beside the screenshot/description so i wouldn't have to scroll back up to see what it belongs to =P but ya its still greeeaaaattt

Quote Originally Posted by DemonPrince View Post
    KEWL just what i wanted thx although could it hurt to put the skill name beside the screenshot/description so i wouldn't have to scroll back up to see what it belongs to =P but ya its still greeeaaaattt
    I'll be a hoppin' to dat shiet rite nao!

/1337 speak off.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Duo View Post
    I'll be a hoppin' to dat shiet rite nao!

/1337 speak off.
    hay u acually did it thx

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

This needs to be stickied.

NOW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast