Maplestory Trade System (MTS) Tips and Tricks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 30

Default Maplestory Trade System (MTS) Tips and Tricks

As I'm sure you've all noticed, the release of the Maplestory Trade System (MTS) has benefited everyone. Those who can't charge NX Cash now have a way of getting some. Those with NX Cash no longer need to waste millions on Gachapon just so they can buy that new weapon. However, there is quite a lot of junk clogging the system, what with all those users who think that they are hilarious and are selling blue snail shells for $9,000. I thought it would be nice to have a thread about different tips and tricks so that you can benefit more from the MTS.

Anyone can participate, just type up a tip and I'll add it to my first post. These tips can be from personal experiences (Such as what to sell/buy and what not to sell/buy) or just tips you've heard others say. The end goal here is to help everyone benefit a little bit more from the MTS.

*Note: I will not be putting up any tips that have anything to do with scamming.

General Tips:

Buy low, sell "high":
    This is common sense. You want to buy things at a cheaper price and sell them at a high price. But how much cheaper? I suggest searching an item you're about to buy to see what the average price is. Then browse around searching for items that are being sold less than the average price and snatch it. When you're reselling it, try to sell it for 100 NX more than you find it. If you make it much higher than that, it's going to be hard to sell, especially since there are tons of others selling that same item.

Supply and Demand: The number one rule in business. Supply and demand. When looking for things to market, you want to make sure that people actually want it. Each sale costs 5,000 mesos and although that might not seem much to those who are extremely rich, you'll still suffer the consequences if you make ridiculous sales. As much as you like that tree branch which resembles a butt scratcher, no one is going to spend real money on that. Not even the horde of rich snobs in the corner. Find something that people want, but not something that everyone is selling. The more of a demand there is for something, the more you should consider selling it for a lower price. Since there are tons of others selling the same item, the chances of someone buying your item would be a lot slimmer if your price is the same as everyone else's.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

Of course, there is also the account of Surplus and Shortage.

When there are way too many types of one item. The price will not be able to remain the same. As quantity demand decreases the price will also increase. As quantity demand increases the price will decrease. This is the inverse relationship that Demand and Price share. But with Supply and Price, it is quite opposite. They share a direct relationship. As supply increases, price increases and also vice-versa.

The matter is prices can be jacked up too high, to a point a single low price may tilt the the whole balance and create a downfall on the economy. When demand becomes less then what suppliers are selling at a certain price, this becomes a Surplus. In a surplus, prices will drop quickly and the quantity supplied will also become dropped. Because many people will not sell for a lower price, but they will be forced to eventually.

Prices will continue to drop until the market reaches a "Market Equilibrium" point. This is where demands are met by the suppliers at a certain price.

But, if prices continue to drop, we find that more people are willing to buy the item and suppliers will quickly be demanded for the item. The demand for the item quickly rises at a lower price and the suppliers are forced to sell at low prices. Then comes the point where few items of equal value can be found. This is called a Shortage, where the demand for the item is huge and the supply of it in the market is low. It goes until very few are left are in the market for low prices. To make up for the shortage and create less of a demand, sellers begin to raise the prices. Those that are in high demand for the product are forced to buy at the now higher price. Prices will continue to rise as the item is demanded more then it can be sold. The prices will continue to rise until the suppliers can supply a good amount to those that demand the item.

We find ourselves now back at the "Market Equilibrium" point.

Markets are fluctuating waves. To understand how they work and how an item will work in the economy, is almost impossible. Each item has a different "wave". That is how Shortage and Surplus will greatly affect how markets work.

Hope all of you enjoyed that blurb of Economics.

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 22

Too bad this never happens because hackers ruin the economy most of the time. When they have a lot of money they dont care if their paying 1 mil or 2mil mmore for an item that was cheaper. So theyl buy it overpriced then other people will see it and increase their prices. You get the idea. Maple story economy is screwed overall
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Impossible is Nothing

Actually, it may seem hackers ruin the economy but that is not true. They, rather, stimulate it into the trough, the bottom of the "wave" of an item. The prices will rise quickly.

Banned Reputation: 10

I haven't even tried using MTS.. seems like too much work and I'm a lazy bum.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 14

The MTS is a joke

Charging with a credit card doesnt give the NX to buy from it...you need nexon game cards. Worst limitation ever :P
    Maplestory
    Cyraan : 102 Khaini hermit
    Cryaan : 53 Khaini Aran
    LadyCyrus : 71 Khaini Blaze wizard
    Rainyn : 34 Khaini Gunslinger

Quote Originally Posted by Cyraan View Post
    The MTS is a joke

Charging with a credit card doesnt give the NX to buy from it...you need nexon game cards. Worst limitation ever :P
    CYRAAN IS BACK?!?!?!?!?!?!

*drops dead*

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 14

No im not back, its only a shadow of your imagination.
    Maplestory
    Cyraan : 102 Khaini hermit
    Cryaan : 53 Khaini Aran
    LadyCyrus : 71 Khaini Blaze wizard
    Rainyn : 34 Khaini Gunslinger

*bangs head on table* soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi. There goes the ROFLCOPTER.

But anyways, I presonally don't like MTS that much.

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 17
    Poofingtin Mannor. With many wolves to keep me company :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyraan View Post
    No im not back, its only a shadow of your imagination.
    I has a feeling ill be seeing you soon :O
    anyways great to see you back

New rule
    <3 the cyraan or be destroyed :O
    <3 you boom. AND I am wolf, hear me RAWR
    I play league of legends now! Feel free to add me Jikael or Jikeal... can't remember.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast