Game looks interesting, but video is messed up

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Game looks interesting, but video is messed up

Hi guys,

I downloaded DOMO, and am so far enjoying it pretty well. The video is fairly smooth, not very choppy, but I've noticed some strange effects on the ground texture. The ground looks like snow, but I know it's not snow... because the other parts of the game appear fine.

http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f444444hg8.png

I've played around and tweaked all the settings-in-game that I could find, but still have these problems. The game is of course playable; this is just more so of an annoyance, and I would gladly get rid of it.

Could anyone help with it?

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 10

You're talking about the blue thing? I've never experienced that so I can't say for sure, but just make sure you video card drivers are up to date, if you haven't. That usually fixes graphical things.

I had thought about my video drivers, but this laptop is fairly old. I'm pretty sure I have the newest driver made for my video card (Radeon IGP 320M), which would be 5/15/04. Do you think there would be any new drivers for a video card as old as mine?

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 10

Well, there won't be any truly new drivers and that could be a bit of a problem. Some newer drivers may work. For your specific card, check to see if you have catalyst 4.4 drivers. It is the most stable for drivers. If you do have 4.4 and thus still need better performance, then you may need to get catalyst 5.13 from this link:
    *Quick word of warning:
    But this is strictly for gaming. It will improve gaming performance but you will probably encounter problems otherwise with DVD playback. So it's hard to recommend unless you really only want to play games with your laptop. This driver is known to support your older model even if not stated.*

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/...20mobility.htm

So to reiterate check if you have 4.4, if not, then get 4.4 from somewhere and see if it works. If you dont plan on dvd playback, then you can shoot for 5.13, but only if 4.4 is not helping.

Hope that helps (nothing is ever guaranteed) ()

I tried Catalyst 4.4 and the problem was still there, so I'll try that link and give you some info on it afterwards. I don't use my laptop for DVD playback much anyhow... maybe once a year (?) if that so it's not too much of a problem.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

You screenshot has a certain resemblance with the bugged screenshot function on the Gametribe version. Maybe Aeria has the same bug ingame? People told me that it might be caused by glow and/or cell shading options... did you try changing these?

Other than that, if the newest drivers for your gfx are something/04, then maybe that's the problem: hardware too old. Domo isn't the most flashy game on the market, but it might still be relying on a feature or two that your hardware simply doesn't have.
    My current game status
    ( Not playing anythiing these days, seems F2P MMO"RP"Gs have finally pissed me off enough )
    Went back to Cabal for a bit, but PK isn't my thing at all, so I don't know how long I'll stay this time.