Really good newbie questions... please help

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Really good newbie questions... please help

Hey all. I have a bunch of questions (noob-like) that no one seems to answer when im in the actual game. I'm sure these questions will help out a lot of folks so help as best as you can....

1. The elrues/lucky elrues/lixz etcetera.. which ones upgrade what? and what does it mean when they say "power level 1". I tried using a lucky lix on a "level 1" sword for a level 15 fighter to upgrade its power and it never worked. Why not? Also, if i have 10 lucky elrues in one bundle and it upgrades succesfully with those 10, will i get +10 to stats or will it still be just +1?

2. Where do you find the recipes to create scrolls of return and power up scrolls (vitality, mentality, endurance, agility etc.)? The only recipes i can find are for the basic stones and copper/silver/mushrooms.. which are all components of other recipes for scrolls and stuff but i have no idea how to go about creating them.

3. WHERE DO YOU FIND ALCHEMY STONES!?!?!?

Thanks for the help!

-B-

Forgot to mention; it says my fighter is a lvl 20 clever fighter. and i cant use a sword thats meant for a clever fighter why not? I went to the "character" section and changed my title to clever fighter as soon as i turned lvl 20 but i cant equip a weapon that is suitable for him.. 's the deal?
    Last edited by bbopmcjiggy; 05-23-2008 at 02:40 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

1. What's your current + on the sword? You need different runes to upgrade an item based on how much + is currently has. For example, if you're grading +1-3, you need a elrue, and +4-6 needs a lix. Also, make sure the item level of your weapon and the item level up the upgrade rune are the same.

3. You can get alchemy stones in Elderine based on your fame and also from treasure chests. I think some mobs might drop them, but I'm not 100% on that.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you need anything else.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I actually figured it out but thank you anyway. I am having a problem figuring out how to go about finding the recipes (if thats what i need to do) in order to be able to create scrolls. I remember buying the first dew production skills from ruby, but i want to know where and what level i need to be to purchase other prod. skills like return scrolls and power up scrolls and etc.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

There are some really helpful and thorough wiki guides at Fiesta Fan that are worth checking out IMO

You'd probably find their scroll production table very useful.