Noob Questions

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Noob Questions

Hi to all, my name is Valerio and i'm new here

I'm going to try domo and i have A LOT of questions about it. Does anyone here have a link to a guide for the game so i can read it and avoid bothering you with my questions? ^_^

If yes thanks in advance for the link, otherwise here are some of the questions:

1) Races descriptions are a bit vague; where can i find a complete description of stats/skills differences among them?

2) I read that a free restat will be available at lv15. Will i be able to restat again in future (without paying real money in cash shop)? How?

3) There's a limit to the number of class each character can have? At lv10, i can actually take all classes on my pg to try them out?

4) I read that secondary classes grants you their skills, but at doubled cooldown. Wich class is my primary is fixed (the first i get) or can i change freely wich class is my primary?

5) PVP is free or there are specific places such arenas to do it?

6) When i die, what do i lose? some exp? items?

Sorry to ask so many things, but this game seems a bit different from the others i played till now, and i need to understand a few things ^_^
    Last edited by Valerio80; 05-29-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Valerio80 View Post
    I'm going to try domo and i have A LOT of questions about it. Does anyone here have a link to a guide for the game so i can read it and avoid bothering you with my questions? ^_^
    There's bits and pieces of information, but no "definite source". http://domocamp.com/wiki answers a lot of newbie detail questions, though, such as "who drops Vine Rope". For job guides, the Aeria forums have a few (which might also be linked from the domocamp cjob description), although not all of them are actually useful.

1) Races descriptions are a bit vague; where can i find a complete description of stats/skills differences among them?
    There is no difference except for the looks.

2) I read that a free restat will be available at lv15. Will i be able to restat again in future (without paying real money in cash shop)? How?
    Actually, you can reset skills/stats anytime until you hit lvl 15 (in a job, you can still reset stuff in jobs that haven't reached 15). Only exception is the Citizen (aka Commoner) job; you cannot reset Citizen skills.

This is to avoid abusing the reset: raise your forestry to lvl 4 and go woodchopping, then reset to regain the skillpoints and put them into herding to get animal products and so on.

My usual recommendation is to not touch citizen skills until you've read up a bit on alchemy. I believe it's a good idea to only raise alchemy and one collection skill, probably the one that provides materials for your main job.

3) There's a limit to the number of class each character can have? At lv10, i can actually take all classes on my pg to try them out?
    You can get all qualifications, no problem. In fact, I did collect all of them, but many are still at lvl 10 :-)

You get 2 vouchers for free lvl 10 equipment. If you don't like to waste money, some classes share equipment --- shamans and wizards get exactly the same stuff (they are highly compatible because they use the same gear, which means no problems with using skills from the sister class), and doctors get the same armor (robes), just a different weapon (syringe instead of wand). Stuff like that probably applies to other classes too (hm... yes, Citizen and Thief both use "Clothing" type armor; I haven't really done much with the other classes).

4) I read that secondary classes grants you their skills, but at doubled cooldown. Wich class is my primary is fixed (the first i get) or can i change freely wich class is my primary?
    Never heard about that cooldown thing. Must be Aeria specific.

EDIT: I believe Agility has an effect on casting time. So the effect could be simply that someone was looking at a Thief skill (Thieves tend to have a lot of Agility), moved the skill to lets say his full-Wisdom Shaman, and now casts slower because his Agility is on the 8inactive) Thief, no the (active) Shaman.

On EU, the limit is the number of slots (only two "real" skilltrees can be imported), and the fact that many skills require specific weapons that you can't equip, or don't want to equip just to cast that skill.

There's "Equip xxx" skills at lvl 30, but they take a lot of skillpoints; I don't currently intend to get any of the "Equip weapon" skills. I do intend to get light armor and shield, so I can wear these on my main Shaman job.

Weapons also work with reduced efficiency when used on other classes like that. There's another set of skills called Mastery skills (also lvl 30 skills) where you can waste even more skillpoints to raise the weapon efficiency when the weapon is used on other classes (Mastery and Equip skills have no effect on the class itself).

Personally, I never buy equipment. I cook it in my huge metal pot.

5) PVP is free or there are specific places such arenas to do it?
    Don't know. There is an arena, but I believe my duel autoreject triggers a lot without the arena nearby, so I suppose you can duel anywhere.

6) When i die, what do i lose? some exp? items?
    Experience only (and playtime, unless someone is resurrecting you on the spot).

In case you're interested, there is a title available that indicates how often you've died. You don't loose a "lower death count" title if you exceed the limit, but you can only have one of these --- if you request the current one you'll never be able to get the lower one back since nothing in the game lowers your death count (an integer overflow, maybe? :-))

Other than that, I'm not aware of anything that's affected by getting killed. Since I try to avoid it, I also don't know whether your exp % can go negative, or whether it stays at 0% --- I assume you don't delevel, since that would be a nightmare to manage in most games, including domo.

EDIT: A few traps to look out for:
    • Complete the beginner village quests before leaving, you CANNOT go back. The Revival Point Penny is useful.
    • Upgrading a weapon raises the requirement by 5 levels --- you wouldn't be the first newbie with an upgraded yet useless weapon, since the message "you can upgrade your xxx now" tends to pop in at around lvl 11.
    • If you raise a skill, the one in your shortcut bar will still have the previous level (you can put them there at lower levels if you wish), so you need to replace it.
    • This isn't actually a trap to look out for, but a suggestion that I think helps a lot in the early days: get the Doctor qualification, change to Doctor, raise your First Aid to lvl 1 --- costs 0 skillpoints. Then change back your "real" job and add the medical treatment skill tab from the doctor, so you can heal yourself. Lvl 1 First Aid isn't the ultimate healing spell, especially for high HP classes --- but still useful. On my lvl 32 Shaman my Lvl 2 First Aid still heals about 1/3 of my total, which isn't bad, but don't expect that kind of First Aid performance on a merc (a lot more HP and no Wisdom). First Aid doesn't need a Syringe and works with any weapon, so it can be used on every class.
    Last edited by Kargor; 05-30-2008 at 07:30 AM.
    My current game status
    ( Not playing anythiing these days, seems F2P MMO"RP"Gs have finally pissed me off enough )
    Went back to Cabal for a bit, but PK isn't my thing at all, so I don't know how long I'll stay this time.