Just curious about the grind..

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Default Just curious about the grind..

Well I use to play Fiesta on and off, and I had gotten to lvl 17 and was able to begin the new kingdom quest, but to my dismay nobody wanted a lvl 17 archer in their party. Other than attempting to join in KQ parties, the grind I found was extremely slow, is KQ the only real way to level?
    Current games :
    LaTale lv 26 Wizard (Fira)
    Warcraft 3

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Have you played at all since the last patch?

They greatly increased quest rewards, especially the amount of experience you get, so the grind has been dramatically reduced. In fact, you can now level from 1-30 on quest EXP alone!

If you haven't downloaded the new patch yet, I strongly suggest you do so.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

While the new patch does help, the quests are just a clever way to disguise the grind. And usually, grinding effectively will get you 2-10 times as much experience in the same amount of time.

The grind is completely harsh.

Even the game's producer understands this, that's why they've implemented easily accesible dungeons for certain level groups so that the grind becomes easier.

Basically, it's like any other MMORPG... just with fewer selections as to where to go. The game pretty much has one map and one dungeon per ten levels. So you get stuck in a rut fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Panma View Post
    While the new patch does help, the quests are just a clever way to disguise the grind. And usually, grinding effectively will get you 2-10 times as much experience in the same amount of time.

The grind is completely harsh.

Even the game's producer understands this, that's why they've implemented easily accesible dungeons for certain level groups so that the grind becomes easier.

Basically, it's like any other MMORPG... just with fewer selections as to where to go. The game pretty much has one map and one dungeon per ten levels. So you get stuck in a rut fairly quickly.
    You just described every MMORPG on the market.

By your standards, are there any MMORPGs that don't have a grind?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'll repeat the last part of my post:

As to the original post:
    Quests will get you pretty far. But yea, grinding is your only real option if you don't do the quests or the KQ.

Personally, I HATE grinding. I'll quest or do dungeons even if it isn't the most efficient way to level, just because it's more varied and fun for me than grinding the same monsters for an hour. I really only see "grinding" as just repeatedly killing the same monsters in the same spot for long periods of time.

From my perspective, I can't really understand why someone would opt to grind rather than do quests or KQs. Sure, you're leveling more quickly, but you're just headed towards more grinding. What's the point?

Compared to other free-to-play titles like Flyff, for example, the "grind" in Fiesta really isn't that bad. And there are tons of quests, dungeons, and KQs, so that if you don't want to grind, you really don't have to, especially early on.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Like everyone else said, the new update provided GREAT xp rewards too help you level. KQ's are just a fun and easy way too gain xp, but basically they're there for opional reasons. Once you get more into the game, make friends, level more...you'll get more into it, I promise.