Thread: Manual patch issue.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Manual patch issue.

Hey.

I downloaded the game, and when I launched it, it started installing patches. It wouldn't work though, so I went on the website to download the patches manually, did as asked, downloaded and installed all the patches that are higher than my current version, then when I launched the game, it started installing the patches again.. :/ automatically.

Why's that? How to fix it?

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 13

That's a good question, maybe you should reinstall the game and the download and apply the patches. You probably did this but I think you need to install the patches in order from lowest to highest. I hope it works out for you and have fun playing Hero. If you are using Vista, right clicking on the game shortcut and choosing "Run as Administrator" might help.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Actually, I fixed my issue in an other way. Just in case someone reads this thread for help;

When you manually update your patches, the launcher doesn't know that you "updated" them, so thinks you're still at <whatever old version you were.>

What you can do is basically make SURE you installed ALL the patches that are higher than your current version, then go to C:\Mgame\Common (Or whichever directory you installed Hero on) then open the Hero.ini file that's there (with notepad if it doesn't open automatically) then change the value;

Version=xxx to whichever newest version you just updated your launcher to.

E.g; Mine is now set to Version=199 while it was Version=186.