Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im looking for a game without.....

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default im looking for a game without.....

hi. im looking for a free game without magic or that sorta stuff. so obviously that eliminates alot of games. also i would like a game where you can level up and have at least a few skills. the community dosint have to be that great. how ever iam looking for a mmorpg. not a mmofps. and i have looked dont get me wrong. thanx in advance if you help. or dont flame.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Hmmm game without magicians? Hardly any game lately have that since "archer,mage,knight" are most popular at every game.

Phoenix Dynasty as i remember it have some kind of magician but aren't so popular so try that

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

:O

What's an mmorpg without mages? How will you get support to fight bosses and what not?

PK All Day

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

what your looking for is a multiplayer shooter with co op story mode my friend because what rpg doesnt have magic....its like pizza with no sauce.....a burger with no buns....a book with no pages....a video game console with no games.....a computer without a keyboard and mouse

well it dosint have to be fantasy.... what about like robots, umm that kind of scifi stuff? for instance i play bots, and the lacon. but they got old really fast. and i dont like rf online either. and i cant buy a game so that eliminates some others... or what about a pirate themed game? besides voyage century and the other one from snail games.. i play puzzle pirates from time to time. thanx for trying to help if i get no more replies.

Banned Reputation: 10

Why dont like u like mages? @@

cuz i am a CHRISTian and i think its evil. but some people dont. its my oponion tha tit is. even if you are just playing a game and pretending or even if you dont play as one.
    xX123kenny321Xxroflleetbbq

Detective Kirby Reputation: 7

Quote Originally Posted by p0tater View Post
    cuz i am a CHRISTian and i think its evil. but some people dont. its my oponion tha tit is. even if you are just playing a game and pretending or even if you dont play as one.
    -quotes to signature-

Ontopic, You would have to play a game like starwars galaxies (sucks now) or something, but since starwars has the force you cant play it, cuz the force should be evil to you. cuz its a higher power lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Caeis View Post
    Awesome, now I can play another game which I'll spend more time masturbating to rather than playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by *vash_the_stampede* View Post
    i thought grinding is were a girl put her ass in ur front and starts moving it o.O

wow. why make fun of me? im not making any of you think any of that or anything. i just asked for a game.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

WOooHOOo...what? wrong place?...my bad...

Look at his signature, he's just that kind of person. But I haven't ever seen one without a 'mage' class or 'mage-like' class. unless you want a browser game like Samurai of Legend, but I wouldn't recomend it because their admin suck.
    92% of teenagers have switched over to rap, if you are one of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.

I've been banned from Samurai of Legend for, get this, giving my money away!

wow. why make fun of me?
    bcuzz many ppl are christian and plays masacre mmorpg. let me just ask u why u play games instead being in church if ur so CHRISTIAN? tbh i don't get it 0o does parson says u can't play mages and no noone is making fun of u

ok look. all i meant is i dont think magic is good. so i was wondering if there is a game without it. thats all.

Kind of a weird reason but if it's who you are I have no say in it. Anyways, I was thinking about it and found that it was surprisingly difficult question to answer as I was trying to find an MMO that had literally no traces of magic. I am not sure because I have never played it but "Age of Armor" I believe is all about mechs. If not that maybe "Space Cowboy" which is a flight simulator MMO kinda thing it's difficult to explain.

You could also play Exteel but that's more like a meh fighting game with online support than an MMO.

If you do decide to play an FPS, I always suggest Planetside as it is the only actual MMOFPS to my knowledge.

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 29

You should try age of conan.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiegh View Post
    Kind of a weird reason but if it's who you are I have no say in it. Anyways, I was thinking about it and found that it was surprisingly difficult question to answer as I was trying to find an MMO that had literally no traces of magic. I am not sure because I have never played it but "Age of Armor" I believe is all about mechs. If not that maybe "Space Cowboy" which is a flight simulator MMO kinda thing it's difficult to explain.

You could also play Exteel but that's more like a meh fighting game with online support than an MMO.

If you do decide to play an FPS, I always suggest Planetside as it is the only actual MMOFPS to my knowledge.
    wow thanx for actually helping! what does space cowboy go by now a days?? it has changed names so much. also what site can i download it from? i will try to look, and is planetside free? cause i think i have looked at it and it wasint free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Vulg4r View Post
    You should try age of conan.
    haha as far as i know that is like all magic? lol
    Last edited by p0tater; 07-13-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

also what site can i download it from? i will try to look, and is planetside free?

haha as far as i know that is like all magic? lol
    1. http://sco.gpotato.com/sub/game_info/introduction.php

2. No AoC is not all about magic -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Kekec View Post
    1. http://sco.gpotato.com/sub/game_info/introduction.php

2. No AoC is not all about magic -.-
    ok thanx. and sorry i thought it was.

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 13

People used to think Flying was magic in the old days. =D

Honestly, Even Age of armour, anything thats fantasy and unrealistic, involves abit of magic in it.

So, advice is to move past that religious barrier. Or get laughed at, your choice.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

potater every mmo has some kind of magic even if they name it something else its still based on magic....even a blaster from city of heroes has some beam attacks and those are based off magic....dont let the rewordign fool ya......and think about it this way....if there ever was an mmo with no magic everyone would just be swinging a sword or shooting a pistol without getting healed or revived

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 12

See, this is why people make fun of you. You're another one of the idiotic blind faith Christians. You don't wanna play a game with magic in it cause you think even pretending to do magic is bad. I'm fairly sure you Christian types are supposed to believe killing is also bad. So, if you're going to believe you can't pretend to do magic then you should also believe you can't pretend to kill people either.

And no, you can't play Air Rivals (The new SCO). Some of the buffs and attack skills are magic like so ooohhhh, it's evil too! And even if AoC isn't all about magic, it contains magic so also too evil for you to play.

Banned Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfencer View Post
    See, this is why people make fun of you. You're another one of the idiotic blind faith Christians. You don't wanna play a game with magic in it cause you think even pretending to do magic is bad. I'm fairly sure you Christian types are supposed to believe killing is also bad. So, if you're going to believe you can't pretend to do magic then you should also believe you can't pretend to kill people either.

And no, you can't play Air Rivals (The new SCO). Some of the buffs and attack skills are magic like so ooohhhh, it's evil too! And even if AoC isn't all about magic, it contains magic so also too evil for you to play.
    Get your crap out of here no1 want's this thread to turn into a "Religion debate!"

Please take it elsewere if u wish ~

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

WOooHOOo...what? wrong place?...my bad...

Agreed, this is a request for a game, not an argument about religions. Also speaking of Air Rivals, is that any good?
    92% of teenagers have switched over to rap, if you are one of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.

I've been banned from Samurai of Legend for, get this, giving my money away!

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 18

cuz i am a christian and i think its evil. But some people dont. Its my oponion tha tit is. Even if you are just playing a game and pretending or even if you dont play as one.
    loooooooooooooooool LOL!

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 15

9Dragons is pretty good. I think theres an evil faction that uses magic, but they are evil and if you pick a shaolin monk or wu tang or the beggars (the good guys) then you will just use kung fu. I played for a while and I dont remember everseeing magic in that game.

I dont care for magic most of the time either, although for different reasons. I'm more of a kung fu person.

Not sure about other games. Because 99% of all so called martial arts games have stupid brightly colored magical attacks even though thy arnt suppose to be magic attacks.

I can't even think of any decent sci fi MMOs. Theres Eve but that game is boring. I'd rather watch pain dry than play that.
    Playing:
    Second Life - Skyrim - Waiting for a decent MMO

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Your best bet to find a game without magick would be a very realistic simulator of some sort. Battleground Europe aka WWII Online is an MMOFPS and is completely free of magick. There are a few Christian-friendly MMOs in development atm, but as far as I know, none of them are anywhere near testing, let alone release.

Mount & Blade - Warband is a game without magick, but its not an MMORPG, but it allowed for a lot of players (up to 200, I think, but that rarely happens due to lag and such) to play at the same time, and there are RP servers, I hear.

Like some others have said, you could try EVE Online, or SWG (even if you don't like the current SWG, and SWG is still fun even after all the changes) the SWG:Emu is always an option. Google it. You have to buy Star Wars Galaxies from SOE before you can connect (legally) to the Emu server, tho.

If you are ok with a game that has no magick, but Ki or Qi, 9dragons may be a good game to play.

You could also try out Face of Mankind

Also, realize, just because there is magick in a game, does not mean you have to use it. It's just like in real life. There are evil temptations awaiting you everywhere, playing a game with 'evil' magick is a good way to help prepare yourself to come face to face with REAL evils.

Some games that offer classes that do not have magick at all, but still have other classes that DO use magick:

World of Warcraft

Age of Conan

there are more, but im tired and cannot think of them atm. Also, remember that just because something has some magickal looking blue-glowey affect when you use a special ability doesn't mean it's magick, they just do that to make it look kool, even if it isn't magick.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild