Activities during the Alpha Testing stages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Game Sages

Originally Posted by Kelvin972
    2. GM Assistance: For games without too much funds to hirer GMs, or just need a little extra hand you could try getting GM Assistance. On Dream Of Mirror Online their called Game Sages. What they would do is each month put up an application form. You could apply for GS and if you were picked, you would be able to assist GMs in hosting events and activities and helping to keep the game in order. And help settle "fights" or arguements.
    I agree with that, there's so many complaints about "bad communities" in games, I think GameSages will definitely help solve that problem.

I also think that there should be a PvP test, to give people a taste of what's coming in the official release.
    Yeah, I think the reason that it would work well is that players in the community get a chance to be heard and get to help out with events. And the fact that they are/were just normal players in the game makes it even better. Because they are actual players, they know what everyone in the game would really want and need to make it better.

I don't really know what the PvP test is, could you explain. When i see the letters PvP, i think of duels, player fighting player, but I don't think thats quite what your talking about...or is it? 0.o
    Last edited by Kelvin972; 07-25-2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Fixed some typos

Official Chaos Rep Reputation: 11

Great Ideas!

We will try to realize these in our game as well I always think only activtive GMs can make a game more active and interesting. We have been doing this in Phoenix Dynasty Online, and we will also do this in Chaos Online

Great idea!

Come and join Chaos Online with me! It's fun!

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin972 View Post
    Here are some ideas I have that might help the game.

1. To Help Advertise: Although it dosen't seem to be much of a problem right now, I think a to help advertise the game. When you want to, (Prob best when at least in open beta) you could hold a video contest. Have your players make video submissions tell people about the game. Best submission would win, and at the end you would have lots of videos about the game to help advertise and a kind of video review for the game as well. The winner could be a VIP, or you can just give the person a certain amount of Item Mall points they would usually buy with real money.

2. GM Assistance: For games without too much funds to hirer GMs, or just need a little extra hand you could try getting GM Assistance. On Dream Of Mirror Online their called Game Sages. What they would do is each month put up an application form. You could apply for GS and if you were picked, you would be able to assist GMs in hosting events and activities and helping to keep the game in order. And help settle "fights" or arguements.
    both are good ideas but i dislike the second idea. because ive played too many games with a similar GM assistance system and it got abuse quite easy.

here are a few example that i had experienced:
    * they would warn their friend/guildies of places not to bot( if the game is an anti-bot game) or when not to bot because the gms are looking for botter
    *when theres a hide and seek game they would tell their friend/guildies where the gm is hiding or will tell in advance what the event is going to be.
    *they would be an easy excess tool to the gm to get help.

Never seen any kind of aabuse on the game I played, but yeah it could easily be abused >.<

Time to think of more ideas

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Any person who is a GS should be monitored by a GM, chat logs, trade logs, etc.

Yeah and your also told to use the option that makes it so other player's names don't show up during events that require GSes to pick people for the pet exchange. But the reason I didn't bring up chat logs and all that is because I didn't know if this game had that.
    Last edited by Kelvin972; 07-26-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Smile Some Suggestions

Heh just a few ideas i thought of, Territory one was a bit more detailed lawl

Marriage System:
    Like many other MMORPGs, Chaos Online should have a complete marriage system. Both players will have an online notice, have a wife/husband title, have 2 special marriage-related skills, lover's clothes, and driving pets. Marriage requires an item which I haven’t made up yet :P. They will have special abilities as a kiss on the cheek or hugging. Maybe there would also be special couple quests, which get the couple some great rewards.

Territory Wars:
    The land would supposedly be split into a bunch of territories. These territories can produce wealth for those guilds that dare to attack them. See guilds that are strong enough would be able to declare a war on untaken territory and take it over. Each territory would have a different level, which would represent that territories monster strength. To take over the territory you must kill all the monsters in the given area in a specific time if you pass this time the invasion will be declared unsuccessful. If you are the guild leader and you own that territory at the end of the week you earn a certain amount of gold that has been given by the territory as tax. As this is a great source of income other guilds have the right to attack you. So every week you would have a war administrator open up, where a guild leader can declare a war but this is not free and they must put a bounty up so if they lose to another guild they must pay up. So in other words this would put a lot of competition into the game for guilds with lots of energy and excitement.

Screen Shot Command:
    Since this game looks like its have some funny times I was wondering if you could put in a screenshot feature of which people could make some nice and funny pictures xD pretty straight forward.

PK Zones:
    In certain areas players can attack other players at free will. This will have no exp bonus or exp loss at death. This is simply a way too fight your friends in like an arena area?

Racing Areas:
    This is a place where a player would show off their ride or great pet. So you can have great fun with your friends with circuits. So you would just basically go to an area that is ride only with tracks and you just move around and have fun.

Lol the marriage thing, that was bound to show up eventually. Seems like thats wanted in ever game.
    I think the screenshot command is always available in every game. Print Screen + Scroll lock or something like that.

More Ideas:

Guild Points - Some things you can do besides guild wars is create quests just for guilds, and they have to be completed by parties of X people from the guild. And when they complete it they gain points. That could be used to compare the guilds and see who gets the most points ever week or something. And you could also use those points to "upgrade" the guild so that it has more available slots for members to join. Or for other features you might wish to add.

Guild Related - Guild Symbol - One thing thats usually wanted alot by polayers when the guild feature is available is a guild Flag/Emblem. For the emblem, its a small icon that appears next to the guild's name. The emblem could be chosen from a list of various icons available that the game designers could put in. Like a wolf, monster from the name, one of the race's head, gold coin, leaf, etc. Just random stuff, and also allow to change the back ground color and the color of the emblem. Another choice is the same but instead it'll be an equip and maybe more troublesome, a guild flag. The guild flag could be equipped has a "Cape/Back Item" or maybe even as a weapon with zero stats. The guild flag image could have a choice of being "default" which is a desgin thats the same on all flags desided by the Game Designers or GM, with the only thing different is the Guild Name. Or you could try letting people upload their own image....actually for get that, it could easily be abused. You could just do it like the emblem, allow them to choose from various images from the game system.

Guild Related - Guild Cottage/House - Another thing, that might be more trouble some but always requested, would be a guild house. It could just be made by picking an area in the city, or just have a small teleporter in the city that teleports the player to his/her guild house, which is just a seperate area, only way in an out is via portal. In the guild cottage/house is just a small area, insides looking like a house. The guild members could jsut go there to host their "meetings" or just hangout with each other. You could also make it so that the guild house acts as a warehouse. And there would be an NPC in the house that you can talk to as a 2nd storage. So that epopel within a guild and have a guild house when have a little bit more bank space if there is even a bank/storage system in the game.

Of course for both the emblem and guild cottage, you could put a fee on it to get. Or you could just use the points.
    Last edited by Kelvin972; 07-28-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Official Chaos Rep Reputation: 11

Creative! We are working on some activities now We will see when alpha starts

Come and join Chaos Online with me! It's fun!

Default ^^

To add to Kelvin972's idea of Guild Houses,

There could be guild raids where guilds would go to another guilds fortress and siege it, if they defeat the guild the attacked they get plunder items like gold and guild points. But if the offensive force all die the siege will be declared a failure and will retreat. This would also lead to more guild aggressiveness which is always fun.
    The guild point idea, The guild Leader could spend these earned points from special guild quests to add defenses to the fortress. Like a moat, Catapults, bastilaís or even monsters. So it would be easier to defend against raids. Also When The Guild Earns A Certain Amount Of Experience The Fortress Would Level Up And Gets Bigger Which allows the guild to invite more people and have more defense item slots.
    Also, as the guild would be vulnerable to attack when people arenít online. The guild leader could buy fortress guards like monsters or pets to protect the castle. They can be used when there arenít enough people to evade defeat or you just need an extra hand to repel the raid. Also Invaders could have like offensive items such as Catapults or a Bastila to help them defeat all the enemies and destroy defensive structures.

If you donít know bastilaís are like big archer type catapults.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast