Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions and Answers

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Exclamation Questions and Answers

Hello Everyone!
    I am starting this thread so we can answer any question you may have about Chaos Online! Hopefully we will have some really good questions here that we can at a later date put togather into a nice Faq for new players.
    So please feel free to ask your questions here, myself or Engputer will be more then happy to answer your questions, and if we dont have the answers we will find them!

Find even more exciting Free MMO's from Ingle Games at:
    http://www.enjoymmo.com

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Is there a list of skills we can look at? What time zone will events be held in? How hard is the leveling?

Official Chaos Rep Reputation: 11

Um...currently we haven't cleared all the official website materials yet... But we will do it in a hurry with best quality

Come and join Chaos Online with me! It's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Is there a list of skills we can look at? What time zone will events be held in? How hard is the leveling?
    As engputer stated All the official material has not been released yet. But to help answer some questions:

Q: Is there a list of skills we can look at?
    A: Not at this time 7/25/08

Q: What time zone will events be held in?
    A: It is typical for game events to start with a PST for US servers and usally for the EU servers GMT is used, but with player feed back, the Time Zone may change or multiple Events will be scheduled to include a larger spread of time zones.

Q: How hard is the Leveling?
    A: Seeing as this game has a built in leveling bot you can expect that the grind will start easy and later have a steep curve. Once again as Engputer said not all data has been released yet. So we will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Lord_Nemesis; 07-26-2008 at 03:18 AM.

are the class gender specific?
    do you get penalty when die in war?

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 49

any chance to have resolutions over 1024x768 implemented later?
    or at least 1 wide monitor resolution to pick.
    We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Currently Playing:
    - Guild Wars 2

Waiting for:
    - Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Man i hate ll these low resulotions, i have a huge monitor, 2 of them actually. And these resolutions below 1600x1200 screw up my monitor after the game closes. Also, when i play in a window i cant really read those small resolutions others.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ShinRan View Post
    are the class gender specific?
    do you get penalty when die in war?
    With regards to class/gender, the answer is complex. However it is race specific let me explain further.

For Sky race [Natarian]
    (going from memory so don't shoot me later)
    The race consists of three classes
    A mage(F), a warrior (M) or a hunter(F)

For Dragon race [Draconian]
    An archer(F), a mage(M) or a warrior(F)

The pictures are confusing me from what I remember in game but basically if you want to be a male mage you will have to go with the Dragon race as the Sky race only have the female version.

The answer is no it isn't class/gender specific but it is race/class/gender specific if that makes any sense to you now

Quote Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
    With regards to class/gender, the answer is complex. However it is race specific let me explain further.

For Sky race [Natarian]
    (going from memory so don't shoot me later)
    The race consists of three classes
    A mage(F), a warrior (M) or a hunter(F)

For Dragon race [Draconian]
    An archer(F), a mage(M) or a warrior(F)

The pictures are confusing me from what I remember in game but basically if you want to be a male mage you will have to go with the Dragon race as the Sky race only have the female version.

The answer is no it isn't class/gender specific but it is race/class/gender specific if that makes any sense to you now
    THe answer isnt as complex as you make it sound. are the classes gender locked? Answer Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
    THe answer isnt as complex as you make it sound. are the classes gender locked? Answer Yes.
    I guess I understood class/gender lock differently. As in if you want to be a hunter you have to be a female. If you want to be a mage you have to be a male. I guess I saw this differently as you can be female/male in any of the classes but you just have to choose different races. =S

I agree with everyone on the screen size I would love larger sizes too. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

The Gender to Race/Class is locked It is a lot like Cabal Online.

1. Do the different races give you any bonuses or special abilities?
    2. Are the classes skills tied together (some classes share same skills) or are they completely separate?
    3. How complex are the customization features to determine how each character looks?
    4. How many different paths can each class travel or are there set skills that you get when you level up?

Might think of a few more questions soon.. Btw just got my alpha key and looking to download the game but I cant seem to find anywhere to get it.. any ideas on where i might find it??

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by kixxurazz View Post
    Btw just got my alpha key and looking to download the game but I cant seem to find anywhere to get it.. any ideas on where i might find it??
    The download isn't up yet, but expect it in a day or two.

Do you know if they are gonna have it available before the 3rd to download or we all gonna have to DL it when it opens finally?

1. Do the different races give you any bonuses or special abilities?
    2. Are the classes skills tied together (some classes share same skills) or are they completely separate?
    3. How complex are the customization features to determine how each character looks?
    4. How many different paths can each class travel or are there set skills that you get when you level up?

Might think of a few more questions soon.. Btw just got my alpha key and looking to download the game but I cant seem to find anywhere to get it.. any ideas on where i might find it??
    1) I believe so depending on your race and class you get different passive skills. One or two passive skills are general for your race and same with your
    class.
    2) Yes each of the same classes share similar active skills but called different names and slightly different abilities but you can see the similarities during play between the different races of the same class.
    3) Can't answer this very well but when you changed items you changed your look. A lot of the noobs looked the same, I didn't get to the higher levels so I can't say what happens then. There is a cash shop with tons of different customizable items, like outfits, mounts and my favorite the motorcycle.
    4) Well there are technically different paths to travel for each class depending on what race you choose. After you choose your race for your class, I don't know if their are any further path decisions. I know their are stat points and you can decide how to make your build. I didin't make it beyond the basic skills learned at 20 so I am not much help there >.<

OK have another question for you.. Ive seen where they want your suggestions but i cant seem to find where to post them so they can read em.. Little help 8)

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Talking

OK have another question for you.. Ive seen where they want your suggestions but i cant seem to find where to post them so they can read em.. Little help 8)
    http://co.enjoymmo.com/forum/

Quote Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
    1) I believe so depending on your race and class you get different passive skills. One or two passive skills are general for your race and same with your
    class.
    2) Yes each of the same classes share similar active skills but called different names and slightly different abilities but you can see the similarities during play between the different races of the same class.
    3) Can't answer this very well but when you changed items you changed your look. A lot of the noobs looked the same, I didn't get to the higher levels so I can't say what happens then. There is a cash shop with tons of different customizable items, like outfits, mounts and my favorite the motorcycle.
    4) Well there are technically different paths to travel for each class depending on what race you choose. After you choose your race for your class, I don't know if their are any further path decisions. I know their are stat points and you can decide how to make your build. I didin't make it beyond the basic skills learned at 20 so I am not much help there >.<

Thank you very much for the helpful insight into the game. You are correct about the outfits there will be many diffrent options to change your apearance.
    Also I wanted to thank Bryan for pointing the way to the Forums to post sugestions.

Are there any pictures of Genotians yet?
    What are the locked genders for Genotian classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasburg View Post
    Are there any pictures of Genotians yet?
    What are the locked genders for Genotian classes?
    http://chaosonlineintl.wikidot.com/genotian

thanks to Bobby5589 from co forum for setting up the wiki

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 15

1. Will race be able to team up and work together? Or will it be every race for itself?
    2. Will I get a lower penalty for pking other races?
    3. What will the pk penalties be?
    4. If an item fails to upgrade can it break?
    5. What type of items will be sold at the item shop?
    6. Will item shop items be tradable?
    7. Will there be an "item shop" in Alpha testing to test buying and the different things available? (Items would be free, or GMs could give each player X amount of item shop money per week to test the shop)
    Last edited by Tsurano; 08-05-2008 at 04:48 AM.
    Currently Playing:
    League of Legends
    Minecraft

Hopefully I'll be able to play tomorrow once I get back from a friend's house.

1. How big is the world? I've already seen maps, but those are worthless to me. Can someone give me a comparison to another game? Is it small, medium, large, huge?

2. There's 120 lvls, right? Is there a good spread of content through these levels or am I going to have 20 level periods between getting new skills or equipment? I understand the first levels are really quick, so I'll be putting that into consideration with any answer I get.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

How do you register? o.o

I couldn't find anything on the homepage. Do you register when you start the client or what?

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Haerith View Post
    How do you register? o.o

I couldn't find anything on the homepage. Do you register when you start the client or what?
    That is an option yes. I would reccommend doing that.
    NOOBS everywhere >_>

Retired Staff Reputation: 22

actually i read in another thread the bot only works for like 3 min and only attacks...if you want it to pick up items you need to spend $$$ for that function.unless i misunderstood it.