Chaos Online - Pre-Alpha Newsletter 2 - Weapon System

Official Chaos Rep Reputation: 11

Default Chaos Online - Pre-Alpha Newsletter 2 - Weapon System

As you may know from a previous introduction, the weapon system is the most attractive feature of Chaos Online. Today, we would like to go over the weapon system in Chaos Online with our readers.

Obtaining a weapon

There are several ways to obtain a weapon. You can get weapons from the NPC’s in town, you can collect different materials and craft your own weapons, or you can get weapons from killing monsters. You can also purchase weapons from booths setup by other players.

Weapon Quality

Weapons have five different qualities. They are: normal (white), refined (green), elite (blue), perfect (violet), and awakened (yellow). Usually, you can get normal weapons from NPC’s in town; you can get normal, refined, or elite weapons from killing monsters. You can also craft to get all of the different quality weapons by using different quality Crystals. The higher the quality of the Crystal used the more chance of getting a higher quality weapon. You can also use a gem to upgrade a weapon’s quality, but this function is still under development.

Weapon Growth

You can use a growing weapon once you have reached level 20. Besides the normal weapons, all other quality of weapons can absorb experience during the battles and grow. If your weapon is the awakened one, it will grow faster and it will become a very powerful weapon. Besides self-grow, you can also upgrade a weapon’s levels, even though this function is still under development, it is almost finished. You can also consider upgrading a weapon’s quality as another kind of growth too.

Sockets and Gems

Every item can have at the most 4 sockets. The awakened weapon is special and can have at the most 8 sockets, 4 for skill stones and 4 for eudemons. You make sockets by using two gems, a Topaz and a Ruby. It is extremely hard to get all 4 sockets though. You can only embed the relevant advanced class skill stones into weapons. We are also considering making all advanced skills available to all classes, because we feel that will bring much more fun to game play.

Eudemons

You can activate the eudemons sockets from the weapon dealers. Eudemons are like pets attached to your awakened weapon. They will grow with your weapon and add extra attributes to it. Once a eudemon reaches a certain level, it can be reborned and you need to sacrifice another eudemon for it. Different eudemons have different growth rates and specialties. Currently there are three types of eudemons, single attribute eudemons, double attribute eudemons, and universal eudemons. They can be easily attached or unattached to a weapon. They absorb stars’ power to grow, and their highest level will be +1 to your weapon’s level. They can reborn numerous times! You can transfer eudemons between different weapons as well. So raising 4 good quality eudemons are very important, as they will make you more powerful in game!

There are many other interesting functions which are under development right now, and we will reveal these later! Keep an eye on official website: http://co.enjoymmo.com! The door to chaos will open soon!

Come and join Chaos Online with me! It's fun!

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 36

Did I hear this right? You said Eudemons? Like the creatures from Eudemons Online? :|

Official Chaos Rep Reputation: 11

Yes, they are called eudemons, we used to call it: weapon spirit.

Come and join Chaos Online with me! It's fun!

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by daroth View Post
    Did I hear this right? You said Eudemons? Like the creatures from Eudemons Online? :|
    I am fairly positive that this game has NOTHING to do with Eudemons!

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

So you're telling me that I can stuff a tiger into my Holy Swords?

Sweeet.