Guild recruiting Natarians, look inside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Oh, hey Shine!

Quote Originally Posted by little_one View Post

Zergs are never respectable, there are always fights in mass recruitment guilds, and it just brings them down.
    You shouldn't classify a guild with plenty of members as a "zerg", just look at Warrior Nation, 5k members and still the most respectable guild out there, the application process is rigorous. As for now, recruiting members isn't the main focus, you're right. But you should leak out the bad members later, so you still have a guild in good standing after the filter.
    Last edited by Bryan; 08-06-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Oh, hey Shine!

You shouldn't classify a guild with plenty of members as a "zerg", just look at Warrior Nation, 5k members and still the most respectable guild out there, the application process is rigorous. As for now, recruiting members isn't the main focus, you're right. But you should leak out the bad members later, so you still have a guild in good standing after the filter.
    As Bobby said in another thread, I've played so many different MMO's and never once saw a clan or guild called Warrior Nation. It's the first time I've heard of them. And if they have played MMO's never once was there a clan or competition called Warrior Nation that was end game or tier 1 that I have run into or seen on the ranking boards and I have played a lot of MMO's.

5k members is unrealistic, sure they have a big community it seems but thats not real in any game that I have ever played. It's not realistic to have a 5k member clan... it's kind of impersonal to me.

Maybe they play first person shooters but I have never seen them in a mmorpg.

I will filter out members from the start to preserve the clans integrity and make the in guild atmosphere better for my guild mates. I don't want to use people in order to get strong then kick them out because I don't like them. Thats no way to run a guild imo.

I wouldn't want to spend time helping people who would be filtered out with gear and partying with them that should have been spent on the great guild mates.

Allowing bad guild mates in the beginning would just cause problems within the guild too as everyone is starting out.|

It seems like an easy way to get the fund to start and level up a guild, while your guild crumbles from within all the while you have members that are making your guild look like it doesn't care about who it recruits.

Garden of Eden will not be run this way.

(Just to make sure, I am not saying that you are doing any of the above with your guild Bryan. They are just things that I don't like about mass recruitment and allowing everyone to join a guild.)
    Last edited by little_one; 08-06-2008 at 11:09 PM.
    NOOBS everywhere

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Quote Originally Posted by little_one View Post

5k members is unrealistic, sure they have a big community it seems but thats not real in any game that I have ever played. It's not realistic to have a 5k member clan... it's kind of impersonal to me.
    Code:
    Threads: 370,116, Posts: 3,385,904, Members: 4,923.
    Every month, there is a rollcall you must sign. If you do not sign it within 15 days, you will be kicked out of the forum and guild, thus decreasing the member count. So I'm pretty sure the number is realistic. :]

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ShinRan View Post
    AFAIK,
    Lvl 1 guild can recruit 20 members, each lvl add another 20.
    Max Lvl of guild is 6=120 members.
    lol 120 seems like a lot.
    Currently Waiting for:

Atlantica Online

Chaos Online

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Code:
    Threads: 370,116, Posts: 3,385,904, Members: 4,923.
    Every month, there is a rollcall you must sign. If you do not sign it within 15 days, you will be kicked out of the forum and guild, thus decreasing the member count. So I'm pretty sure the number is realistic. :]
    As their website says, they seem like a gaming network.
    In my book they are not a guild or clan.

And certainly not an organization that you would have to worry about end game raiding or pvping and fighting over domincne in a a mmorpg game

Or so I have experienced.
    NOOBS everywhere

Banned Reputation: 19

i'd like to join...ign will be Xanniss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123