Community

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 15

Default Community

Many great games are ruined by a lack of a community feeling. If there is no community, its not an MMORPG its just an RPG, I think that the game should force a community feeling, and interaction with other players.

I hear a lot of complaints about Sword of the New World lacking community (partially because of the bot system they came up with) and these complaints drive people away from the game, and ruin its reputation

Things that I have seen in games that help build community:

Virtue Points - Conquer Online
    Encourages high level players to interact and help lowbies

Team Experience - Air Rivals (Space Cowboy/Flysis/Ace Online)
    Team members received 30% more exp for a full team

Friend Experience - Air Rivals (Space Cowboy/Flysis/Ace Online)
    You received 0.5% more exp for each friend that was online (30% exp maximum)

Team based quests- Cannot remember
    Team based quests build a reliance on other players and can help create new friends

Guild Battles - Metin2 (did not get far enough to do this though)
    Creates a fun PvP environment and builds a sense of loyalty to your guild

I played Conquer Online on and off for over 5 years, and I believe one of the big reasons I kept going back was the great community on my server, I made a lot of friends and was always sad to see someone quit.

-edit- I think the bot system is a great idea, and it helps even the playing field because creating and downloading a bot is pointless because you provide one.
    Last edited by Tsurano; 08-05-2008 at 04:36 AM.
    Currently Playing:
    League of Legends
    Minecraft

Official Chaos Rep Reputation: 11

Indeed. I always see players plvling each other and teaming in co when I was GM there. Actually the game just so so but the community is really good.

We wil also have such a good community here in Chaos Online. Cos we know how to make conquer online a hit, and we know how to make chaos online another hit.

Just need some time and your support.

Have you ever seen a PM talking on the forums like me? lol~ That's how I get remembered in Conquer Online as well.

I will make all GMs of Chaos Online talktive and do listen to the players.

Come and join Chaos Online with me! It's fun!

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Tsurano View Post
    Many great games are ruined by a lack of a community feeling. If there is no community, its not an MMORPG its just an RPG, I think that the game should force a community feeling, and interaction with other players.

I hear a lot of complaints about Sword of the New World lacking community (partially because of the bot system they came up with) and these complaints drive people away from the game, and ruin its reputation

Things that I have seen in games that help build community:

Virtue Points - Conquer Online
    Encourages high level players to interact and help lowbies

Team Experience - Air Rivals (Space Cowboy/Flysis/Ace Online)
    Team members received 30% more exp for a full team

Friend Experience - Air Rivals (Space Cowboy/Flysis/Ace Online)
    You received 0.5% more exp for each friend that was online (30% exp maximum)

Team based quests- Cannot remember
    Team based quests build a reliance on other players and can help create new friends

Guild Battles - Metin2 (did not get far enough to do this though)
    Creates a fun PvP environment and builds a sense of loyalty to your guild

I played Conquer Online on and off for over 5 years, and I believe one of the big reasons I kept going back was the great community on my server, I made a lot of friends and was always sad to see someone quit.

-edit- I think the bot system is a great idea, and it helps even the playing field because creating and downloading a bot is pointless because you provide one.
    I think the community is coming along great. There were a few descepincies among the players over silly thing caused by anticipation and excitement of the game launch but other than that if you go to the Chaos Online blog website you can see that everyone has everybody else as their friends.

There was a Wiki created, a few guilds, really a lot of posts on the Chaos forum(not here).

I think it will be good!

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Engputer View Post
    Indeed. I always see players plvling each other and teaming in co when I was GM there. Actually the game just so so but the community is really good.

We wil also have such a good community here in Chaos Online. Cos we know how to make conquer online a hit, and we know how to make chaos online another hit.

Just need some time and your support.

Have you ever seen a PM talking on the forums like me? lol~ That's how I get remembered in Conquer Online as well.

I will make all GMs of Chaos Online talktive and do listen to the players.
    Ya, I remembered you from CO also and I have high expectations since you actually interact with the players
    Currently Playing:
    League of Legends
    Minecraft