DarkSpace is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game set in the time of space travel and interstellar warfare. The universe has become a tumultuous place in the future of political infighting, economic sanctions and diplomatic posturing. All of the factions have high hostility towards one another with a few outposts staying neutral, at least initially, to determine their best interest.
Players start out as an ensign in the midst of a human civil war intensified by reports of an alien species aggressively spreading its domain throughout the known universe. Beginning with small crafts, you work your way up the ranks toward the ultimate goal of Grand Admiral, capable of commanding capital ships and planning the core strategics of your faction.
In this online universe, hundreds of players come together to forge alliances in a pulse-pounding struggle for mankind’s destiny. Mission goals will vary from pilot to pilot and completed objectives will bring favor to that faction's existence in the galaxy. The fate of the galaxy relies on your coordination with your team. In such an unpredictable universe, objectives will be obtained and rival borders will be pushed back only with teamwork on a massive scale.
Players will need to choose their ships wisely, as each ship type fulfills its own versatile and vital role within the faction. A scout will reveal enemy positions as it lifts the fog of war, while combat-equipped heavy cruisers tear into the enemy forces with relentless speed and force. Planetary invasions are carried out with high-capacity infantry transports, and subsequent security is insured by engineering ships that rebuild and stabilize the planet's buildings.
With all of its influential forces acting as one, the universe of DarkSpace continues to evolve. In the opening moments of gameplay, the dominant factions are human with a mysterious and advanced alien species silently closing in from the galactic rim. In the meantime, neutral and radical bodies with agendas of their own will force players to deal with the circumstances they create within their own borders.
- Featuring 3D accelerated graphics using PaleStar's proprietary Medusa engine!
- Command over 18 unique spacecraft and installations from the three warring factions!
- Dynamic stereo rendered environmental sound, ranging from the crackling hum of alien particle beams splitting 5-kilometer capital ships in half to the frantic radio distress calls from allied ships on the verge of destruction!
- Massive planets, asteroid fields, orbiting moons, brilliant stars, wormholes, and black holes rendered in beautiful detail!
- Real time particle systems showing ship damage, torpedo impacts, nebulas and various other gorgeous effects will startle the senses!
- Players subscribe and participate in massively multiplayer world shattering campaigns, receive dynamic content updates of new ship types, new races, technology, and strategies that will make the game virtually replayable.
- Global Ranking boards keep an active career report on players: tracking ranks, achievements, kills, campaign wins and a host of other statistics and accolades, such as Merit badges, medals and commendations. Subscribing members only!
- Team play capability supporting anywhere from 1 on 1 skirmishes to an all out 200-player grand scale war with a full host of capital ships, frigates, interceptors, multi-atmospheric bomber squadrons, orbiting battle platforms, stealth craft, marines boarding ships and assaulting planets. Zero- G commando units and over 25 unique weapons systems with each faction having its own specialized weapons!
- Use the intuitive command system to send orders to subordinates, allowing player-to-player communications with a click of the mouse. View your ship status from the Engineering window, setting repair priorities and viewing the state of ship's systems and weapons!
- The game play supports a variety of skill levels. New players will be commissioned on a smaller, less complicated craft learning how to handle basic tasks and eventually gaining prestige and rank to take on more responsibility and command!
- Various victory conditions in different scenarios will challenge even the most skilled players allowing a multitude of strategies and attacks. Intuitive control allows players to set waypoints, pre-plot hyperspace travel routes, and move fluidly through the universe!
- The Fog of War requires stealth and scouting to know the enemy's location and win the battle. Spies can raid enemy installations and gather valuable intelligence on fleet locations and technology. Spy drones can be attached to enemy ships to intercept valuable enemy communications!
- Over 49 types of versatile starship enhancements, ensuring each player becomes a vital team-member!