NHN USAs popular high-speed online multi-player racing game Drift City unleashes an awesome new version with dramatic updates and high-speed action. Drift City: Stage 2, available now for free download and online play on ijji.com, is a near complete retooling of the popular online game, stacked with tons of new features and content, including a tremendous array of customizable options for Drift City players.
“Drift City: Stage 2 is more than just an upgrade of the original version; it is almost a completely new game experience built on the features and action that Drifty City players love,” said Philip Yun, CEO, NHN USA. “The games multiple racing options, fascinating new underground area and extensive customization options are to be enormously appealing. Drift Citys dedicated community and new players alike will love the new version and dive into it with the same passion and excitement that led the first to be such a success.”
Drift City: Stage 2 is full of innovative new features and dramatic racing excitement, including:
– Lap Time Battle: Racers compete against one another based on their best lap time
– Real Match Battle: Each player races in the same car with the same stats. This race is all about displaying users true driving skills. It represents a truly even playing field where only the driver with the best racing technique wins the race
– Undercity: This is a dungeon-style game mode where teams can give each member of the team a separate duty, enabling them to complete the mission faster and receive tons of rewards
– Daily Mission: Players get a Daily Mission to complete, earning a Token that can be exchanged with various items
– Sticker Feature: Customizable option where players can deck out their cars with their own picture designs. Players can upload an image file and add up to five stickers per car
– Glossy Paint: Players have the option to upgrade their cars from the standard Cell-Shading Graphics to Real-Shading Graphics, which paints the car in a stunningly shinny coat
In addition, four new cars have been added to the Drift City: Stage 2 line-up: Dodge-Dakota Monster Truck, Bugatti Veyron, Hummer H3 and the Peupeot 207.
Drift City: Stage 2 is set in the near future, during a worldwide oil shortage. A mysterious material dubbed Mittron is discovered on an island in the North Pacific and quickly became the preferred fuel for all methods of transportation. However, vicious unmanned vehicles dubbed “High-Tech Unmanned Vehicles” (HUVs) begin appearing around the island and terrorizing the people. This threat has become so widespread that pedestrians no longer walk the streets for fear of being attacked. As a result, the Organization for Mittron Development decided to import professional drivers to assist in destroying the HUVs and uncover the mystery behind their sudden appearance.
In Drift City: Stage 2, players earn experience points and Mito, the in-game currency, by completing missions and deliveries, as well as for bounties when hunting HUVs. They can also earn “coupons” to purchase cars by completing various in-game requirements. Players can choose from a variety of different vehicles and can purchase in-game upgrades for them. In addition, they have the option to create or join “crews” to participate in joint battles, or hunt