CCP delivers last stage of free winter expansion
CCP, one of the world’s leading independent game developers, today fully deployed EVE Online: Quantum Rise, the ninth free expansion for EVE Online. In September, CCP pushed the first staged delivery of Quantum Rise to the servers ahead of schedule-allowing for impressive 1000-player single-system battles and slashing lag in major market hubs and across all aspects of gameplay. Today’s release brings the final pieces of Quantum Rise to players and sets the stage for future expansions.
Several improvements in Quantum Rise include:
- More upgrades to our hardware and software structures as a further implementation of the EVE64 and StacklessIO initiatives
- Certificates provide benchmarks for the skill system, goals for new players, help during corporation recruiting and bragging rights
- A new medal system allows corporations to build and bestow their own custom rewards for whatever achievements they can imagine-anywhere from participation in a major fleet battle to a milestone in corporate allegiance
- UI changes include a moveable HUD, module recharge timers and weapon grouping
- In-game Subscription Services allow players to convert 60-day EVE Time Codes (ETCs) into two 30-day items in game. They can be traded freely through all regular means (via market or contract or directly between players) and can be activated at any time
- The new industrial capital ship, the Orca
- Autopilot avoidance and new routes to bring safer, faster travel in New Ed
“Quantum Rise is yet another successful iteration on an already great game with a proven track record of delivering a deep, immersive, intelligent experience for one of the most demanding audiences in the MMO industry,” says Torfi Frans Olafsson, Senior Producer for EVE Online. “We are proud to be delivering Quantum Rise as a continuation of our vision of building the ultimate science-fiction simulator that we will continue to grow and enhance until Earth will be taken over by extraterrestrial races and we will be forced to put the project on hold while we take up arms and liberate our home planet.”
CCP is proud to bring Quantum Rise to you just days after EVE Fanfest in Reykjavik, Iceland, where there were several major announcements during the keynote speech for the legions of dedicated fans in attendance. Check in with https://secure.eve-online.com/redir.asp?aid=104770 over the coming weeks for more information and a recap of the Fifth Annual Party at the Top of the World.