Today Tiamat has followed the Rhea release as EVE Online’s second feature bundle of 2015.
Tiamat’s additions to the EVE universe focus on the evolving universe storyline, a new tactical destroyer, improvements to our new physically based rendering graphic system, and changes in corporation tools, projectile weapons and more.
Here are some of the changes in Tiamat:
- Minmatar Svipul: The second tactical destroyer to leave the shipyards, the Svipul (pronunciation), brings dynamic transformations between defensive, propulsion and sharpshooter modes to match a constantly shifting space battlefield.
- Corporation Tools: Player corporations receive essential management tools to help them better organize and attract new members, and can now decide whether “friendly fire” will be policed by CONCORD authorities.
- Projectile Weapon Rebalancing: The quality and diversity of projectile weapons and ammunition has been improved with adjustments to small artillery and autocannons in particular.
- Audio and Effects: A large audio engine update brings improved performance, atmospheric sounds for pirate factions, and more visceral turret sound-effects.
- Visuals: EVE‘s new physically based rendering system provides enhanced indirect lighting during warp, reflected light from nearby planets, updated structures and more.
And, importantly, Tiamat also includes mysterious newcomers to New Eden (pictured) — and other things player have to be in space to discover.