This past Saturday, the 18th installment in the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn ‘Letter from the Producer LIVE’ series featured an in-depth discussion led by producer/director Naoki Yoshida on the recent Patch 2.4 release and the upcoming debut of Patch 2.45. Yoshida was also joined by a special guest—the CEO and president of Level-5, Akihiro Hino. Hino sat in on the show and talked about his experiences playing FINAL FANTASY XIV. He also took the opportunity to personally offer up his own feedback to Yoshida.
Yoshida opened the floor to the player community to submit their questions live via Twitter and official forums, welcoming any and all comments they had. Notable discussion points included:
- The release date for Patch 2.45 – currently scheduled for Dec. 9, 2014
- Plans for ninja and dragoon job adjustments
- Discussions regarding the DirectX 11 client and add-on system
- Details on the upcoming “Eternal Bond” feature
- And many more answers to the hot topics that the players had
Although the show is presented in Japanese, players from around the globe are always invited to follow along with official translations into English, French and German on the official forum.
You can peruse the “live Q&A update” thread here for a more in-depth look at the questions and answers: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/206422