Open beta for NHN Corporation’s new free-to-play fantasy MMORPG Karos Online begins this Friday, the 4th of December, and NHN Corporation is celebrating by offering lots of useful prizes to players as they discover the game. “We are really excited to open Karos Online to everyone this Friday,” said Heejin Jeong, Senior Overseas Sales Manager at NHN Corporation. “We hope the players will have a lot of fun taking part in the various events that we are preparing for them, and we wish everybody good luck in gathering prizes!”
Players can receive prizes in several ways:
Referring friends: From the start of open beta, players will be able to invite their friends to play Karos Online via the official website. For every five friends who join the game and reach level 5, the referring player will receive a reward, as follows:
– Five friends will award the player 10 Strength Potions
– Ten friends will award the player 3 Weapon Enchant Scrolls and 3 Armor Enchant Scrolls
– Twenty friends will award the player 5 Weapon Enchant Scrolls and 5 Armor Enchant Scrolls
– The first invited friend to reach level 5 will be awarded 5 Big Potions of Rejuvenation, which restore their character’s HP and MP.
Entering a Gift Key: Gift Keys will be offered by participating websites starting this week. Upon entering a Gift Key, players will receive 5 Strength potions which temporarily increase their character’s movement and attack speed.
Levelling up: Upon reaching levels 5, 10 and 20, players will be automatically entered into a weekly prize draw. The draw will take place every Friday, and winning players will be announced on www.karosgame.com. The higher the level, the greater the prize!
– Level 5 (10 weekly winners): an Amethyst, Diamond or Sapphire (depending on character’s class) giving a bonus when combined with an accessory
– Level 10 (4 weekly winners): 10 Weapon Enchant Scrolls and 10 Armor Enchant Scrolls
– Level 20 (1 weekly winner): an Iron Wyvern, a Holy Creature piece of armor which serves as a mount in the game.
Guild building: The start of open beta will also kick off a month-long build-up exercise for guilds that will run through the 31st of December. Guilds meeting the target criteria on the 31st will receive exciting prize bundles — more details coming soon!