Dragonball Xenoverse 2 is coming soon, and there are going to be a lot of new, interesting things to keep this series spicy. And that’s good news! I loved the first one! But I’m looking for better “What-If” scenarios than the lame ones they had. Hey, I never said the game was perfect. I’ve been really thinking about this, and there were a few ideas that I wanted to pitch. I know it’s too late to put them in-game, but maybe if they don’t happen, DLC? Just saying, guys. Do you have ideas? Feel free to comment below!
- Freiza’s No Fool: Let’s talk Bardock. A friend posed this: What if Freiza went to Planet Kanassa instead of Bardock and gained the ability to see the future? Now Freiza knows that not only will Bardock betray him, but his son will one day kill him [and he’ll die again to him, but you know. . .]. What does Freiza do? Does he decide to ignore that advice, or will he train, become Golden Freiza, and surprise Goku with it on Namek?
- More Freiza: On that same train of thought. . . .what if Freiza simply doesn’t kill Krilin? Instead of killing his weak friends, Freiza immediately targets Goku, changing the pace of the fight.
- Majin. . .Who? We could have several different people become the Majin fighter for Babadi. I’d love to see it be Goku but he’s supposed to be 100% Pure of Heart. Piccolo? Maybe Gohan? Maybe Babadi infects more people. Lots of possibilities.
- Canon Question: Is Broly canon? What if the Freiza Army knows that there is a defector on Earth? What if Broly is recruited, and isn’t an outcast? This one I’m not really as solid behind. I’d also like to see a return of the “Goku joins his brother” story from earlier games.
- Majin Hercule: Hercule Satan, tired of being outshone by the otherworldly Z-Fighters sells his soul to Babadi, to become Majin Satan. Finally, Hercule Satan has power! He can finally do battle with the main characters! And beats them!
The earlier games had so many possibilities! Cool and goofy fusions, what-if stories, etc. Will we see some of that? God, I hope so.