Today, SQUARE ENIX® announced the release of Patch 2.51 in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn ®. The update implements the long-awaited Manderville Gold Saucer, inspired by the famous theme park attraction the Gold Saucer from FINAL FANTASY® VII.
The Manderville Gold Saucer includes a plethora of entertainment attractions and events for adventurers such as:
- Triple Triad, the card game made famous in FINAL FANTASY ® VIII, allows players to compete against other players and NPCs in 1vs1 card games. Players will be able to create custom card decks using the 80 unique cards available at launch
- Chocobo Racing, where players can nurture and breed their own specialized racing chocobo and race against other players through Eorzea. Players will be able to control their chocobo while racing down the track, avoiding dangers and picking up useful boosts to help them come out ahead of their fellow riders
- A variety of mini games including Monster Toss (basketball free throw shooting), The Moogle’s Paw (crane machine), Cuff-a-Cur (punching game), and Crystal Tower Striker (mallet game). Each of these mini-games will be test the player’s reaction time and can be used to earn small amounts of Manderville Gold Saucer Points (MGP)
- Gold Saucer Active Time Events (“GATEs”), audience-participatory events which appear randomly and call players to participate in fun games like dodging sneeze attacks from Typhon, rescuing wayward minions, emote-based dance contests, uncovering undercover imps, and making deliveries while avoiding detection by bandits
- The Mini and Jumbo Cactpot, which allows players purchase tickets for a chance to win MGP daily and weekly
- Taking part in activities will award MGP which can be traded for new rewards like Adamantoise and Fenrir mounts, new outfits like the Gambler’s attire, which is fashioned after Setzer Gabbiani’s attire from FINAL FANTASY VI, and more
During the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE, Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida went into even more detail regarding the Manderville Gold Saucer. Information, and gameplay footage, can be found here. The full Patch 2.51 notes can be found here.