Nexon Reveals Stats Behind Maplestory Marriages
To celebrate the romance surrounding Valentine’s Day, MapleStory is discounting in-game weddings 50 percent through Feb. 19 and each happy couple will receive a special gift. On Valentine’s Day, players who log in will receive a free heart balloon cape to show off their romantic spirit. But players should think twice and read some marriage (and divorce) related stats before tying the knot!
In MapleStory, the wedding system is one of the more popular features of the game, and during 2012, more than 15,000 of the 28,000 in-game couples who were engaged and married in-game broke up. Also, between 2010 and 2012, more than 70,000 couples were engaged and married in-game. By that same token, many couples have also broken up, with more than 33,000 engagements and marriages ending between 2010 and 2012.
Other marriage and divorce stats include:
· The longest marriage in MapleStory is 1,100 days
· The shortest marriage in MapleStory is 3 seconds.
· The most number of marriages for a single user was 13
· The average duration of a married couple in MapleStory is 518 days.
· The day with the most marriages was January 7, 2012 with 115 total (January also had the most # of marriages total, October had the least).
· The month with the most divorces/broken engagements in MapleStory was July, 2012.
· The day with the most divorces/broken engagements in MapleStory was September 8, 2012 with 99 total.