WITH THIS CLICK I THEE WED
Real world couple TO BE marrieD in online virtual world witnessed by thousands of video game enthusiasts, only in Las Vegas
Players of the Online Game EverQuest® II Share Their Love for Gaming and Each Other as SOE Hosts Simultaneous Live and In-Game Wedding Ceremony at Fan Faire Convention
The SOE Fan Faire is a unique social event in which players of SOEs most popular titles congregate to meet their online, game-playing peers. Adding to the festivities, this years Fan Faire will host the first-ever live and virtual wedding ceremony for two attendees who are avid players of the top-selling SOE title EverQuest II. During the ceremony, the couple will simultaneously exchange live and virtual vows through their EverQuest II avatars at computers perched on the altar. Costume clad and officiated by a pastor, this wedding will be broadcast on huge screens and will be witnessed by thousands of video game enthusiasts during the events Grand Banquet. In addition to the wedding and continuing the Fan Faire tradition, this years event boasts a plethora of game-themed live events including tournaments, contests, live quests, a variety of panel discussions and tons of great gaming related prizes. Attendees will also have the exclusive opportunity to preview upcoming titles and features from SOE.
- First ever live wedding ceremony held concurrently with a virtual ceremony for two Fan Faire attendees.
- SOE Player Hall of Fame inductions and ceremony.
- Costume contests for fans clad in exotic character apparel inspired by SOEs games.
- The opportunity for over a thousand fans from all over the world to meet the developers of their favorite SOE MMOsand their online friends in Las Vegas.
- Silent Auctions for game-related memorabilia.
- How-To forums including a special workshop for game enthusiasts interested in breaking into the industry.
- Real-life quests and wild scavenger hunts along the Las Vegas strip.
Fan Faire is August 2-5, 2007. The wedding ceremony will take place on Saturday, August 4th at 9pm PST.
The Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada