New Playable Class, Landscapes, Raids and More!
WESTWOOD, MA June 3, 2008 Turbine, Inc. today announced the launch of the latest update for players of DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Stormreach® (DDO), The Way of the Monk. This major update to DDO introduces the first new playable class since launch, revamped adventure areas, more monsters, spells, magic items, and traditional dungeons to challenge. DDO is a unique online roleplaying experience where players must use their combat skills and wits to survive dangerous dungeons, fiendish traps, and foes that punish the foolish.
This latest module offers players an incredible amount of fun and excitement and we are proud to introduce the long-awaited new class the Monk, said Jim Crowley, president and CEO of Turbine, Inc. We are really very excited with how far DDO has come and we have a tremendous amount planned for the game which we look forward to sharing as the year progresses.
The Way of the Monk continues Turbines commitment to delivering fun, engaging and exciting updates for players in our online worlds. This latest update provides a wealth of new features and experiences for players including two new raids, three new monsters, new raid crafting recipes and eldritch rituals, chat and UI enhancements and several new challenging adventure areas.
The Way of the Monk is filled with exciting new features including:
- DDOs First New Player Class: The favorite class of many adventurers, the monk features a martial discipline of hand-to-hand combat and kicks, including special abilities that make the Monk even deadlier. Stun your foes, unleash a flurry of blows, and work up to the deadly quivering palm attack, which can kill enemies with a single strike!
- New Landscape: Players can now explore the all-new, much larger Three-Barrel Cove wilderness and the underground Black Loch outpost. Three new hand-crafted adventures have been added to make this an exciting and challenging area!
- New Raids:In the wake of the destruction of the Marketplace tent, the scholars of the Twelve have found that dangerous enemies lie below the city of Stormreach. Guilds must return to battle former raid bosses like Velah, the Red Dragon and the Black Abbot Lich to collect the keys needed to unlock the underground raid wilderness. Once unlocked, players will be able to battle Suulomades, the devil general responsible for the attack on the Marketplace.
- More Solo Adventures: Daily quests in the Harbor provide new adventuring opportunities for solo adventurers. Collect trophies from vanquished monsters, make deliveries, and collect bounties for the meanest enemies around!
- Gygax Memorial: Set in a wooded alcove near Deleras Tomb, the adventure series Gary Gygax narrated, a symbolic memorial site has been erected for visitors to pay homage to Dungeon Master Gary Gygax.
DDO is the ultimate online roleplaying game that seamlessly combines the beautiful world of Eberron® and classic Dungeons & Dragons® v3.5 ruleset with the latest innovations in technology to create a breathtaking interactive experience. DDO represents a major step forward for the roleplaying game genre with many compelling features, including real-time active combat, quests that provide a unique, immersive experience for each player, integrated voice chat, PvP and award-winning graphics. Authentic D&D® features include customizable characters; handcrafted dungeons filled with devious traps; monsters and stories from the Eberron campaign setting; a dungeon master and an on-screen 20-sided die.