The latest content drop for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 goes live today on Playstation 4, and a later date for other platforms: Operation Dark Divide. With a hero and villain theme, it will also embrace the world of Black Ops.
The new content package contains two Multiplayer maps, a new Blackout mode and a variety of hero-themed personalization items and gear. Additionally, Treyarch will conclude the Aether storyline – one that has been more than ten years in the making and the most epic Zombies adventure in Black Ops’ history – with ‘Tag Der Toten’.
Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch talked about this last season of content:
“For our final operation of the Black Ops Season, the team at Treyarch had a blast creating the ultimate battle between good and evil, imagined through alternate universe versions of our Specialist characters as heroes and villains. In addition to the heroic experiences of the operation, we can’t wait to share the epic final chapter of the Zombies Aether story – the end of an adventure more than ten years in the making.”
- New Blackout Updates: Blackout features a fresh new comic book aesthetic. Additionally, players can now double-jump and catch some serious air in the limited-time game mode, Heavy Metal Heroes. With Heavy Metal Heroes new equipment such as flare guns and a brand-new tank vehicle has also been added to the battlefield to help players in the ultimate Battle Royale fire-fight.
- New Zombies Features: Operation Dark Divide introduces a new Perk and two new Elixirs as players experience the final chapter of the Aether story.
- Secret Shopper Elixer: Players will be able to go on an ammo shopping spree and buy any ammo for any gun they’re holding from any wall buy.
- Power Vacuum Elixer: The drop rate for all power-ups is boosted significantly for a few minutes after activating.
- Blaze Phase Perk: Players can become a charging fireball that knocks enemies back or burns them to a crisp.
- New Black Market Gear: The Black Market has been restocked with a variety of new outfits fit for both heroes and villains, personalization items, weapon camos and gestures tailored for Operation Dark Divide. This includes new weapons like the VMP SMG, AN-94 Assault Rifle and the Echohawk Dual-Bore Assault Rifle, that players can acquire and learn to master. Also available are the MkII and the Mastercraft variants of the VKM 750, the Predator S6 Stingray Mastercraft, and two super outfits for Nomad (“Lupine”) and Crash (“Rigor Mortis”).