Friday the 13th: The Game has officially launched for the Nintendo Switch in physical media format, for 39.99 today from Nighthawk Interactive. Gun Media and Black Tower Studios bring the survival horror game to the Switch with all of the DLC, and a limited edition 11″x17″ poster. This physical edition is titled Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition.
Friday the 13th: The Game is a faithful tribute to the original movie franchise with iconic film locations and character models painstakingly recreated down to the bloody details. The gory game pits eight players against each other, either as one of seven teen counselors or as iconic killer Jason Voorhees himself. Counselors must search for the tools to survive, escape or even try to take down the infamous murder machine, while Jason must rely on his array of abilities to track, hunt and slaughter his prey.
Friday The 13th: The Game Features:
- All Previously Released Content – Includes all 10 single-player challenges, every map, character, counselor outfit, Jason skin, additional kills for Jason, and the complete Virtual Cabin experience – plus an exclusive limited edition 11×17 poster.
- Eight-Person Multiplayer and Single Player Modes – On maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise, players match up online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. Players seeking lower pressure slasher fun can take the fight offline in matches with AI bots.
- Killer Variety – Players don the mask of their favorite incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in films two through nine. Each Jason is hand-crafted with specific strengths, weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills. The retail edition offers even more brutal execution options, with the Pick Axe, Pig Splitter and Machete Kill Packs.
- Character Customization – As players level up, they unlock new playable Counselor and Jason models, new kills for Jason, game-changing perks that help Camp Counselors survive the night, emotes for self-expression, and various regalia appropriate for a funeral … or seven.
- Franchise Authenticity – The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham (director/creator of Friday the 13th), Tom Savini (FX legend and effects director of Friday the 13th), composer Harry Manfredini (various compositions from the franchise) and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees actor; Part 7, 8 and 9).