Today we have some good news involving charity. One Gamer Fund, a newly unveiled initiative committed to supporting AbleGamers, Child’s Play, Games for Change, Global Game Jam, IGDA Foundation, Stack-Up and Take This, will unite gamers and game developers this weekend in the name of fun, contributing to seven of the most impactful gaming charities in the world. The goal is to raise funds for charity and share the proceeds amongst the supported organizations, benefitting a large community of both gamers and game developers through the hard work of the aforementioned charities. Would you like to know how to support One Gamer Fund?
- Purchase a game or bundle published by Good Shepherd Entertainment on Steam this weekend. Fifty percent of Good Shepherd’s proceeds from the sale of these titles will go to One Gamer Fund.
- Tune into Twitch, where streamers raising money for One Gamer Fund will be featured on the front page all weekend long.
- Stream on Twitch and use Tiltify to collect donations and get your stream promoted on One Gamer Fund’s social media channels.
- Dress to the nines in a One Gamer Fund shirt, available for purchase for $12.00 at The Yetee.
- Give directly via OneGamerFund.org or send donations viaPayPal to email@example.com
- Become a corporate sponsor by emailing Seven Siegel.
“Gamers are among the most generous humans on earth, raising millions of dollars a year for charity,” said Russ Pitts, co-founder and president of Take This. “One Gamer Fund is a logical and long-overdue next step in harnessing the bottomless heart of the gamer community. Seven charities combined into a Voltron of altruism. And we’re honored to be a part.”
These charities have already acquired millions for their causes over the years, and this is another way to help them and help those in need. Through One Gamer Fund, you can help all of these charities at once and help causes that are in dire need of funding. For more information, please visit their website.