Revival Productions’ Overload, which is the spiritual successor to the 6DOF tunnel shooter Descent is coming to Xbox One/Xbox One X! It will arrive on March 6th, 2019 on Xbox One/X for 29.99. The Xbox version also supports cross-platform with PC.
Revival Productions, founded by Matt Toschlog and Mike Kulas, co-founders of legendary Parallax Software and creators of the classic Descent, created Overload as the ultimate zero-G shooter. It gives players three axes of rotation and three axes of movement, unlike traditional FPS games. The battle comes from all sides, above, and below, which adds to the game’s complexity and depth to control and movement, ultimately transforming the FPS genre into something completely new and challenging.
- 15 level single-player campaign plus secret levels
- Numerous level challenges including lava, force fields, lockdowns, ambushes, and secret rooms
- 20 terrifying robot enemies, plus Super-Robots and Variants and three bosses armed with customized AI giving them unique personality and combat behavior
- Multiplayer with public and private matches
- Challenge Mode with 12 levels and Infinite and Countdown variants that alter the focus of play
- Story by the writer of FreeSpace 2 with fully-voiced audio (English Only)
- Adrenaline-pumping soundtrack
- Achievements and Leaderboards
- Upgrades and XP system and advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide for navigation assistance
- Save almost anywhere
- Six difficulty levels ranging from a casual challenge to very punishing
- Surround sound audio options
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Interface and subtitles available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Russian
- Overload is currently available on PlayStation®4 and PC ( Steam and GoG) for $29.99/€24.
- Overload boasts at 93% Positive score on Steam!