Pagan Online, by Wargaming and Mad Head Games announced it will be leaving Early Access on August 27th, 2019. The game will offer massive updates and revamped systems, based on player feedback when the game launches officially. The combination of top-down ARPG and session-based PVE will release for 29.99 at launch.
“Since we began closed alpha testing 10 months ago, Pagan Online has been constantly evolving with the help of our players,” said Uros Banjesevic, Chief Creative Officer of Mad Head Games. “During our 4 month run in Early Access we have implemented massive changes and amazing new features and mechanics to deliver the best possible 1.0 experience at full launch. It is going to be, literally, a different game.”
Pagan Online also announced a community initiative called the Might & Glory Club. This club will give content creators, streamers, artists and more the ability to take part in the launch of Pagan Online and to be mentioned in the game’s credits. Club members are granted access to updates (and can produce content on said content) a week before launch.
All members will also receive codes for in-game rewards, including Decimator the dragon, that can be given away on their channel. Every day from August 21st to 25th the Pagan Online team and its media partners will nominate Heroes of Pagan Online from authors of the most creative and resonant pieces of content. The most creative participants will also be offered a partnership with Pagan Online. Further information can be found here.
Features of Pagan Online:
- Full story campaign – Featuring eight total acts, new zones and maps, and two new bosses.
- Click-to-move controls and full controller support – Originally designed for WASD controls, the control scheme has been extended due to popular demand.
- Two new playable characters – Joining the battle and expanding the roster of heroes players can choose from are:
- Elden – A quick and nimble dual-wielding ice construct with high attack speed, capable of slowing and potentially freezing enemies with each slice.
- Hector – An agile scrapper who specializes in everything fire. His weapon of choice is blunderbuss and he uses dirty tricks to set the battleground ablaze.
- Fabled Weapons – Some Legendary Weapons could be upgraded to Fabled by overcoming Pagan Online’s toughest battles.
- Schools of Magic – Ultra rare gear sets that boost stats and provide awesome new looks.
- Revamped crafting and loot drop systems – Making drops more valuable, diverse, and immediately usable, while recipes become more rare and have a bigger impact.
- All-new skill trees – Letting players build and spec out unique heroes by improving, modifying, and unlocking new abilities.