By Key Beneza (Dividelife), OnRPG Journalist
Aside from its eye-catching red glow, the Sidewinder X6 packs a lot of features for your everyday PC gamer. With Macros, desktop control and even folder hotkeys, this mean keyboard is sure to rock your gaming experience. The first noticeable feature would be the detachable numpad, which is ideal for gamers who have a hard time reaching certain hotkeys that are programmed on the numboard. The panel can be moved on the left side of the keyboard for easy access. The Sidewinder X6 also has a bunch of macro buttons that are easily mapped through its easy-to-use customizing interface.
If you’re not satisfied with that amount of macros then you can always plug the numpad on the left side of the keyboard for more programmable macro buttons. The running man button on the top left side of the board is used to hold down a certain button for a long period of time. It can also play a series of buttons when combined with the preset button that lets you save up to three different actions. I guess the only way they could beat you now is if they were to have the same keyboard.
The keys aren’t really that special compared to some keyboards that have LCD buttons but hey, this keyboard is still a freak of nature. The key alignment is quite troublesome especially when you’re used to the traditional layout of the keys. You might end up pressing the wrong key on certain occasions but you’ll get used to it upon continuous usage.
The keyboard also has a two dials that adjusts the backlighting and your computer’s sound volume. You can always reach for the speakers but if you’re a lazy arse like me, then you’ll probably enjoy this feature.
All in all, the Sidewinder X6 is one of the best gaming keyboards I’ve ever used. Not only does it function well, the red backlight also gives your PC that fiery appearance. Kinda works well with the sidewinder mouse.
Sidewinder X6 Specs
– Switchable key pad Flexible design, choose right side or left side configuration. Switch between standard key pad and macro pad in gaming mode.
– Two-color adjustable backlighting dial Keyboard keys are red, and key pad and Macro keys are amber in Game mode. Lighting dial adjusts the brightness of the keyboard and key pad.
– Macro keys Up to 30 programmable keys that can allow up to 90 programmable options with an assigned gaming profile.
– Mode switching Manually toggle the keyboard from standard mode to either of two gaming modes. LEDs show the selected mode.
– Cruise Control Use Cruise Control to continue an action without having to hold down the key or keys assigned to the action. You can use Cruise Control with up to four keys at a time.* (* Cruise Control does not work with programmable macro keys.)
– In-game macro record button Record any sequence of keystrokes-even standard chat messages. Macros are stored on your hard drive and can be easily shared.
– Automatic profile switching When a game or application profile is assigned using the software, the keyboard detects the game or application you are running and applies your custom profile to the application.
– WASD gaming keys Have front-face lighting for enhanced visibility.
– Media keys Play/Pause, Previous Track, Next Track, and Mute.