As Early Access soldiers on for Quake Champions, the team are paying close attention to community feedback – the June update is no exception to this. One of the most requested features drops in today’s update, and that’s Bots. Bots have a scalable level to help players of all levels and get better in training mode. They will also fill slots in live games as they are needed. These bots can appear in Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, and Instagib modes. And if the game wasn’t bloody enough for you, the new Gore system will let you adjust how much of the gooey parts go spurting out of you and your foes as players are blown to bits. It will also adjust according to what special skins or shaders a Champion is wearing. To that end, the in-game store has also been updated with a ton of new cosmetics, so players can look their best when making enemies feel their worst.
Other Added Features:
- Multi-Mode Play Lists: Been playing all day and need to mix it up? Now you can change modes between matches while remaining in the Match Lobby. Players can vote on what they want to play next, choosing between two selected combinations of mode and map, and one random option. Stay in the Arenas FOREVER! You know … like Ranger!
- Killer Cam and Stacks: Quake Champions is fast. So fast that sometimes you can’t even tell how someone survived fragging you. Now, during unranked matches, the new Killer Cam will show freshly fagged players their opponent’s remaining Health and Armor on the death screen. They made the kill with 1HP? Good for them — now get back in there and get revenge with a single machine gun shot!
- Team Health and Armor Stacks: In team-based modes, the Health and Armor stacks of allies will show onscreen so players can decide whether to suck up that Mega-Health for themselves or leave it for their barely surviving friend.
- New Progression and Loot Systems: Earning XP has been adjusted to help people climb levels faster. In addition, players who choose to play in parties will receive bonus XP and Favor. Backpacks, Chests and Reliquaries also now have a lower number of duplicates and Shards can be used to purchase Chests. The entire system is faster, easier, and more rewarding than ever.
- New Way to Try – and Buy — Champs: The roster of Champions has grown since Early Access launched and our free players want to keep trying the new additions. To help make this easier, Champion rental has been removed and replaced with a rotation of free Champions. In addition, Champions can now be permanently unlocked with in-game Favor as well as premium Platinum – in short, you can now try Champions easier and acquire new Champions just by playing.
- Balance Changes: In addition to the more on-the-surface improvements, Quake Champions is receiving some under-the-hood tweaks to improve the overall balance of the game. These changes include alterations to movement speed, health and armor stacks for Light, Medium and Heavy Champions as well as changes to certain weapon statistics and specific Champions abilities.