Rend has been in Early Access for two months now, and Frostkeep Studios have been continually making tweaks to the game, based on the community’s feedback. Frostkeep revealed in a recent blogpost their roadmap for the Fall and Winter, leading into 2019. The following points are on that roadmap, which can be found at this link:
- Comprehensive Combat Improvements: Tightening up gunplay is key to make it feel more like modern shooters. They also wish to adjust biomes to make them feel more full and challenging.
- Streamlined Features: An overhaul for a host of game aspects (crafting, storage and more) to make it more accessible for all levels of player.
- Legendary Artifacts: Epic items from the Norse mythos can definitely shift the balance of power within a saga.
- Dynamic Siege Combat: Raiding faction strongholds needs to be engaging and exciting. Siege weapons are also on the way, like catapults.
- Refined Social Mechanics: Decision-making should go from the Elders to the faction, via permission requests and voting. They also want to mitigate griefing via forcefields that repel players to faction stronghold doorways.