Playniac announced today that their unique card battler, Insane Robots will launch on July 10 for the Playstation 4, followed by Windows/Mac (via Steam) on July 12th, and Xbox One on July 13th. Pre-orders will also be available soon on the PlayStation Store and Microsoft Store for $15.99 (20% pre-order discount) for the base game and $23.09 for the Insane Robots Deluxe Pack (30% pre-order discount), which also includes a Season Pass with six DLCs. The game was initially created as a tabletop prototype with old business cards, and from there, the creators of Insane Robots pulled from both physical and digital design processes.
They have removed some of the more unpleasant parts about card games – expensive expansions, farming for cards, and the ever-rising bar for people that do not spend money on purchasing more cards. Insane Robots is not a CCG, it’s more like FTL meets a Battle Royale, only in a card game. It features online, local, and single player robotic skirmishes, where deploy Hacks and Glitches in the heat of battle and use your tactical genius to terminate the competition. There are over 46 diverse robots in five hostile environments, and you can also augment your droids to grow more powerful and trade insults at the same time.
Key Features Include:
- This is card battling HACKED with no costly expansions and time-consuming customization
- Compete in intense local and online ranked 2P multiplayer battles
- Experience the epic 15+ hour single-player campaign, overthrow the megalomaniacal Kernel and save robotkind
- Unlock 46 robots and find over 100 augments to boost their abilities
- Explore your tactical options to survive randomly generated survival arenas
- Master the 22-token battle deck and define your own style of play
- A compelling narrative with over 150 branching story events
- Explore five types of hazardous environment from lush jungles to barren Moonscapes