Studio Wildcard revealed that a free expansion map is dropping for ARK: Survival Evolved tomorrow, June 18th on Steam – Valguero. This free update will add exotic biomes to explore and will offer a 63 square kilometer map, filled with breathtaking landscapes from mountain tops, rolling valleys, and dark gorges. There will, of course, be titanic boss arena battles, ruins to explore, and cave networks to delve into. This update will also have the agile dinosaur, Deinonychus. The Valguero Expansion Map will hit Playstation 4 and Xbox One in July 2019.
Join the Studio Wildcard development team as they livestream the ValgueroExpansion Map today, Monday, June 17 at 3:00 PM PST via the official Studio Wildcard Twitch.
The ARK: Valguero Expansion Map includes:
- Expanded Exploration: Over 63 square kilometers of new land and sea to explore!
- Peaks and Valleys: Eight Biomes with a vast array of climates and dangers – tread lightly through the hazards of Skeleton Gorge, see the vistas on top of the Twin Peaks or find remnants of the past at the Lost Temple.
- Triple Threat Boss Challenges: A boss arena where players face an epic battle against a Megapithecus, Manticore, and Dragon in this heavy-hitting, triple threat encounter! Face familiar dangers in the End-Game Boss encounter in an entirely different way!
- New Dinosaur – Deinonychus: Encounter the ill-natured Deinonychus! Similar to the raptor, it uses speed and agility to leap wall ledge to wall ledge as it seeks high vantage points to lie in wait for prey. This contentious beast is fearless and will hunt prey much larger than itself, latching onto a larger dinosaur’s back with its sickle-shaped claws as it starts to feed before its victim is even dead.
- Into The Trenches: A large network of caves to spelunk as you delve into unexplored territory featuring different themes and varied perks, including the extensive Aberration Trench.
- Secrets From the Ancient Age: Explore scattered ruins throughout the world of forgotten Valguero survivors.